YesNoOk

Tekken 8  (Read 465772 times)

Started by videoman, September 14, 2022, 12:28:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 8
#241  January 24, 2024, 05:20:40 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Last trailer. I think. Well, it's Devil Jin:

Also, I HAVE WATCHED THE WHOLE STORY MODE.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I swear there was something cool here!!
#242  January 24, 2024, 06:40:29 pm
    • Brazil
What is the point of putting a spoiler tag if you're literally gonna say that you won't spoiler shit?
#243  January 24, 2024, 07:50:41 pm
I just love to create expectations and see your so valuable thoughts.

Also:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#244  January 30, 2024, 10:26:52 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Holy shit!! The Customization Mode is sick as hell!!

Spoiler: Here're some examples on YT (click to see content)

And before you say it... no, they're not mods as in other recent games, they're legit custom skins for T8 chars

This makes me even more excited to play this game and it's another reason to get a PS5 and/or Xbox Series to get it

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#245  March 30, 2024, 09:59:15 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

Yes, 'Eddy' can now manifest sand streams like Rashid and I dunno what else to say.

Also, battle passes are coming to Tekken 8 following the Eddy update.  Feel hyped yet :_blank:
#246  March 30, 2024, 11:15:26 pm
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

I actually saw the tekken talk live and it wasnt until about an hour in when they started talking about eddy. I dont really think the weird sand legion is actually going to play a huge part in his gameplay but it does make for a cool rage art and I am kinda intrigued by the bow instrument things he and they were using. I went to bed around 2 AM and I dont think they revealed anything after that but I didnt check namcos youtube later that morning and wound up not posting it here.
#247  March 31, 2024, 05:09:06 am
To me, that is when they jumped the shark.

You can't just give Eddy that kind of power out of the blue and expect everyone to go along with it.  Like, did he always have that kind of ability?  And just now he remembers he can do that kind of stuff?!

:woeh:

Yes, I'm putting too much thought into something that is probably a gag since they're never gonna explain it.  Sure, might as well give Armor King lava eruption just by stomping while they're at it.  The community is in flames from the battle pass stuff, so just get it over with  :S

Speaking of, it's discovered that the cosmetics featured in the battle pass are reused from Tekken 7.  Yikes.
#248  March 31, 2024, 06:35:53 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

It probably just boils down to "they wanted to make the popular character do something cool". Eddy was never really a character who was super powerful or crazy in the eyes of most people, so for his inclusion in this game which ramps up on the crazy powers and visuals they decided to do something that'd make him unique. As I said before it doesn't seem like it's super relevant to his gameplan, outside of the rage art he only does one other thing with the wind powers and a lot of the tekken talk seemed to focus more on his actual physical attacks and throws than anything related to it.

My problems are really more the fact that there just aren't enough new faces imho. Even with the radical redesigning of the older characters and tekken as a game relying so hard on 30+ year old legacy skill, it just weirds me out that theres been only 3 over the year and four months before it came out. Youd think that with games like SF6 and strive leaning harder into it there'd be a bit more but I guess not. Maybe it wasn't a priority, idk.
#249  March 31, 2024, 06:49:09 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I could be mistaken, but I thought the sand/dust stuff was purely cosmetic and not an elemental power of some sort.  Like, is Eddy not just kicking up sand with the force of his attacks?  That's what I thought it was anyway.
#250  March 31, 2024, 07:42:21 am
  • Was it something I said?
I feel like he's "in the zone". He's gotten a good hit, and now he's with people cheering him on/inspiring him, like Johnny Cage in MK.
#251  March 31, 2024, 01:48:07 pm
I am kinda intrigued by the bow instrument things

Atabaque and Berimbau.

I think that the sand figures is just a cosmetic evocation of past slavery of African people in Brazil, not that he became a ninja or else.
#252  April 03, 2024, 06:20:56 am
I suppose it could be a visual thing.  I'm fine with FX poping out in stylized fashion during Rage Arts for normal down-to-earth characters.  It's just that Eddy doing the sand thing took me by surprise, but oh well.

I do like the fact the Eddy is embracing his heritage more.  A nice change compared to whatever Harada had him doing in Tekken 7.

My problems are really more the fact that there just aren't enough new faces imho. Even with the radical redesigning of the older characters and tekken as a game relying so hard on 30+ year old legacy skill, it just weirds me out that theres been only 3 over the year and four months before it came out. Youd think that with games like SF6 and strive leaning harder into it there'd be a bit more but I guess not. Maybe it wasn't a priority, idk.
I always thought Tekken had little new faces with each new entry until the update where it will add around 2-3 more.  If anything, I think they don't have much legacy characters other than Jun to look back to.  Tekken 7's DLC really burned up that stuff.

not that he became a ninja or else.
I think we might have found Bandeiras's origin story!

Spoiler: New patch has gone live and... (click to see content)

Amongst other gameplay issues and quirks happening.  Yikes.
Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 02:57:22 pm by Kirishima
#253  April 03, 2024, 10:35:54 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Oof that new patch is a mess. The tekken community was already not super hot on the game atm and this definitely did not help.
I swear the honeymoon period for Tekken 8 barely lasted a month. What a mess.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-