YesNoOk

The CS Discussion Thread (Read 1923639 times)

Started by Froz, August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: The CS Discussion Thread
#661  January 20, 2016, 08:39:16 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Drex conceptualized the extreme color separation possible for Raiden, and pretty sure Froz had a template for it but the separation was still way too extensive.

Cant remember if Froz ever reduced it but it was a work in progress.

Chilling
#662  February 08, 2016, 05:44:19 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Go nuts, feel free to post any pals here, this one has low res flame FX because that's what Jesuszilla will be using for his CvS2 Kyo project using these sprites.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:12:46 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#663  February 08, 2016, 07:04:36 pm
  • Dead Weight
  • Where'd all the motivation go?
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal

Here's one palette I made with Frank West/Psychopath Kyo in mind. Left the Burning Kyo colors intact mainly because I don't know what to do with them.
Can't say I'm experienced with making palettes, so any feedback is appreciated.
#664  February 08, 2016, 07:22:42 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Now that looks cool, definitely nice. I can definitely understand why you don't want to do the  flaming Kyo colors, honestly, I don't think Kyo's flames would change colors if he went psycho, but that's me.

Maybe the jacket/vest lining could be darker, but otherwise it's all good in the hood. Thank you for making one. :) :) :)
#665  February 08, 2016, 08:00:20 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Now that looks cool, definitely nice. I can definitely understand why you don't want to do the  flaming Kyo colors, honestly, I don't think Kyo's flames would change colors if he went psycho, but that's me.

the kusanagi can/do go orochi and their flame changes colour to purple orochi flames, canon wise.
#666  February 08, 2016, 08:33:13 pm
  • Dead Weight
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal
I was actually referring to DrKelexo's Psychopath Kyo character, which is (partly) inspired by Dead Rising, but I'm surprised that this thread is about to derail into discussions on KoF lore.
EDIT:
In any case, here's my next palette, based on Dong Dong from Dong Dong Never Die.

The gloves, or rather the removal of said gloves, took a fair bit of work. Turns out that some of the T-shirt's colors are also found (in pixels at least) on the jacket as well.
The fire FX and Burning Kyo colors were left untouched on purpose.
Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:03:09 pm by Ethereal
#667  February 08, 2016, 10:11:06 pm
  • SNK is life
^ this is exactly the reason why I'm opposed to make the burning sprites actually part of the palette. There's a big chance the contrast won't be adjusted properly. Original colors are Bright Shirt / Dark Jacket, but the palette is the opposite :-/

Such effect can be achieved via code with PalFX, Vans' Kyo is proof of this
#668  February 08, 2016, 10:55:12 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
To be perfectly honest, I only imitated what Jmorphman did with Kyo, I have no knowledge of MUGEN coding at the very moment, so when you say PalFX I have no fucking idea what you are referring to (though I should get around to learning it when I'm free, I can't always be the MUGEN Dunce). In addition, I wasn't going to change anything in the first place due to that same lack of knowledge, and out of fear I might ruin something as well.

Since you said you were opposed to this, what do you think should be done to fix this? I'm honestly out of ideas regarding handling a pal template and actually making the palettes work, so if you (or anyone actually) has an idea, please speak now, because I'm very lost on solutions to this.

EDIT: The color you speak of is actually the white of eyes, it was supposed to be the t-shirt's white, not the eyes. I'll fix that as well soon.
#669  February 08, 2016, 11:07:20 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The burning palettes can very easily be fixed to match the actual palette. When I did Kyo, some people were uncomfortable editing the burning parts of the palette so I had to instead. It's pretty simple and not a huge burden, IMO.
#670  February 08, 2016, 11:07:31 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Had some fun messing around with your Kyo... made a color based off of Hoshimiya Eiji from Big Order (though usually I'm just a sucker for blue jackets in fighting games for some reason, and I love Sakae Esuno's works):

Also I this is the right place to talk hear opinions regarding CS on sprites, I'm working on a Juri sprite sheet and she's far from complete but I'm certain that the CS I made for her is set in stone. I'm just asking if it's okay to post it here even if she's not a full character as of now?
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#671  February 08, 2016, 11:11:33 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The burning palettes can very easily be fixed to match the actual palette. When I did Kyo, some people were uncomfortable editing the burning parts of the palette so I had to instead. It's pretty simple and not a huge burden, IMO.

Fair enough, I guess.

Also, DelusionTrim, sure why not? I bet a lot of people want to make her palettes, so yeah it should be fine. And the fact that you are sure of the palette being set in stone makes it all the more better.

And thanks for the palette, I like it a lot. :)
#672  February 09, 2016, 12:45:17 am
Well I'll make a thread about her sprite sheet eventually anyways... sharing my work with everyone here is always good for feedback :)

Here is the CS, not counting the background she has 70* color units in total, 12 for special effects, and 14 for her shock sprite:

*I just took notice that her sprites, at least in this image, aren't cleaned which means she may have more colors than it should... such a bummer that this happens when turning 3D models into sprites and then you have to look into that and stuff and fix everything .__. , I'll clean them at some point though...

And just for curiosity's sake I made some colors for her, they are all from Street Fighter 4:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also did I do the palette image right? You know putting the letters there, putting the sprites there, and stuff? My first time doing this so I'd like to know if there's more to it than it really seems...
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 12:56:16 am by DelusionTrim
#673  February 09, 2016, 01:44:31 am
    • 1tone.deviantart.com
I thought I'd give a try at Kyo's sprites by Zaitsu Hatter .

I was trying to base it off Edge from Project Justice/Rival Schools. I think it came out decent I guess.
Try not to be of the 90%.
#674  February 09, 2016, 03:23:49 am
  • Raging Fist
Well I'll make a thread about her sprite sheet eventually anyways... sharing my work with everyone here is always good for feedback :)

Here is the CS, not counting the background she has 70* color units in total, 12 for special effects, and 14 for her shock sprite:

*I just took notice that her sprites, at least in this image, aren't cleaned which means she may have more colors than it should... such a bummer that this happens when turning 3D models into sprites and then you have to look into that and stuff and fix everything .__. , I'll clean them at some point though...

And just for curiosity's sake I made some colors for her, they are all from Street Fighter 4:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also did I do the palette image right? You know putting the letters there, putting the sprites there, and stuff? My first time doing this so I'd like to know if there's more to it than it really seems...

I gotta say this I did not see coming: SFIII Juri Han owo is awesome!
Now as far as palettes go, I would suggest rearranging the colors better. atm everything's all scrambled left and right, which is not a good thing.
#675  February 09, 2016, 05:07:47 am
Thank you!

About the palettes being scrambled, I assume you're talking about the order they are presented right? Yeah I didn't give much thought about it, just put it there not thinking about order and stuff heh.
#676  February 09, 2016, 06:17:23 am
  • Raging Fist
no worries bud! I managed to fix it up for ya via fighter factory. Also that spikes that was 0,0,0 was updated to 12,12,12 so it can differentiate from the other...0,0,0 cubes...
anywho, she's all wild up and ready for palettes :D

Be making some real soon. If not by tomorrow (kinda late night here :V)
#677  February 09, 2016, 08:50:20 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
#678  February 09, 2016, 09:15:59 am
  • Dead Weight
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal
Is somebody still making palettes for Kyo?

Ethereal_PsychopathKyo version 2. Darker jacket and lining, slightly modified the gloves and simulated a complete removal of the SDM Orochinagi burning aura effect. Overall looks slightly better (at least compared to my previous attempt).
#679  February 09, 2016, 05:55:47 pm
no worries bud! I managed to fix it up for ya via fighter factory. Also that spikes that was 0,0,0 was updated to 12,12,12 so it can differentiate from the other...0,0,0 cubes...
anywho, she's all wild up and ready for palettes :D
Be making some real soon. If not by tomorrow (kinda late night here :V)

Oh that's what you meant... I suppose you mean the order of the color units in Fighter Factory were all over the place, right? Yeah I'm not experienced with FF outside of changing sprites, making new colors or other basic stuff like that...

Rearranging palettes is not something I know about, so I just made the image and put the 256 color limit on it. But with your fixing I assume it solved that problem (can't see it now because I'm using my ipad but I'll take a look at it later on my PC).
#680  February 09, 2016, 08:42:13 pm
  • Raging Fist
Well my template is there for you guys. I hope Zombie is using it XD
Here's a few palettes I whipped up using this template
The remainder of the SFIV palettes including alt. default

And some custom pals too
Chun-Li's Disciple

Wild Vile Gal