Hakumen Beta (Read 57588 times)

Started by Speedy9199, June 30, 2010, 12:15:43 am
Share this topic:
Re: Hakumen Beta
#21  July 05, 2010, 11:34:05 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

Don't judge a move based on damage alone. There are several factors : Start up, combo ability, range. Otherwise, Ralf would be most overpowered character in the world for you.
#22  July 05, 2010, 11:39:13 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I know. Well, if there's a problem with that move, is that the red CLSN only covers the floor. There's none for the same sword, which I think there should be some. And that I don't understand the need of a charge thing that does nothing.

This special is a good way to counter a character, so it's not meant for a combo. If you added red CLSN to the sword for that attack, you could stop a projectile for coming (since you said he can cut projectiles) and hit the character who threw it. I edited my previous comment saying all of this, but I guess I was too late here.
#23  July 06, 2010, 12:45:38 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Hakumen's powercharge should not have a movetype of A, it causes problems and confuses AI.
#24  July 06, 2010, 12:57:00 am
Not too bad. Looks promising. Though I have a few missed issues which were in need of mentioning:

1. The F+A just takes the opponent down, instead of stunning them for a short moment; giving Hakumen an opening to combo.
2. Rather than having Hakumen power up "manually," why not let his power rise gradually like in the games? His moves cost energy, so it might be wise for the energy to regenerate over time.
3. He's missing his Drive button, a classic function that counters the opponent's attack. Would be key to (re)implement the button and its moves into Hakumen.

I remember you saying on this thread that there were things about Hakumen you personally didn't like, so you left them out. Not saying you should be fully accurate to the source material, at least not to the CLSN, but people would usually want the original work in a character when it is brought to M.U.G.E.N.
#25  July 24, 2010, 12:55:06 pm
dude i love ur job was waiting for this awesome character for long time,  if it just had stleath and throw shuriken that would be awsome!!! i dont care about orginal character mugen is the world of freedom haha

but im really agree with this:

1. The F+A just takes the opponent down, instead of stunning them for a short moment; giving Hakumen an opening to combo.
2. Rather than having Hakumen power up "manually," why not let his power rise gradually like in the games? His moves cost energy, so it might be wise for the energy to regenerate over time.
3. He's missing his Drive button, a classic function that counters the opponent's attack. Would be key to (re)implement the button and its moves into Hakumen.
Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:48:27 pm by arsham
#26  July 26, 2010, 05:36:18 pm
Just Tested your beta it was a good one!
but You may don't like my suggestion.

Please don't do it on WinMugen. Do it on 1.0
The Character's sprite just match the screen size of 1280x720
you don't have to xscale or yscale it.
just set
Localcoord = 1280,720
and xscale =1 yscale =1
them you have the right size :)