YesNoOk

News (Read 75361 times)

Started by BC, March 13, 2010, 09:31:06 pm
Share this topic:

BC

News
#1  March 13, 2010, 09:31:06 pm
    • UK
This topic is for posting news regarding the street fighter alpha 4 progress.

First piece of information:

I'm going to start creating the basic movement, stand crouch and air basics for a few characters from this point onwards while working on Rose, that way it will get things moving more swiftly.
Accepting commissions

BC

Re: News
#2  March 30, 2010, 11:31:48 pm
    • UK
Not sure wether to keep the new super sparks (see rose thread) I'm starting to think they are a bit "too much"
Plus they will increase .sff file size too much being bigger than 640 480  each colour with lots of frames (about 60 each).

It's not super important right now though..

I would make something custom from CVS2 but everyone does that.
Accepting commissions
#3  March 30, 2010, 11:43:09 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
If you put them in the fightfx they won't take that much space. And that's really what you should do with all hitsparks and such in a fullgame.
My shitty mugen stuff:
#4  March 30, 2010, 11:45:00 pm
  • Fuck You.
I was thinkin the same thing I just didnt know how to word it
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/

BC

Re: News/Project talk
#5  April 06, 2010, 03:21:55 am
    • UK
I have no idea why I never thought of that  :shame:  too used to individual creations is my excuse..

I've finished Zangiefs specials gonna tidy him up abit, make sure all his animations are in, adding a few more win poses. I Hope to record a video of Zangief soon, Gonna sort out some screenpack stuff first with Grayfox. Once a video of Zangief is up I'll probably move onto Ken's specials, Then Karin's finally..

Also been thinking about a new type of special for Zangief, details on that soon.
Accepting commissions

BC

#6  June 11, 2010, 09:37:31 pm
    • UK
Just got Rose's Custom Rage anim from sky79.
Solblaze is almost done with Zangiefs Rage anim not long left.

once those are coded I'll be making a vid (*cough* get Ryon to).

Kens Rage is to be coded next, which needs nothing custom just improvisation.

Lifebars might need re-doing, they're already scaled to a number they shouldn't really be and they're still too big to fit a timer anywhere so Hi-Tehk is gonna sort all that out.

Gonna update Ryu eventually... his shoryukens need more downward pull on the gravity as it's too slow right now, and ken's totally own them.

Decided to keep zangiefs "siberian earth shaker" just gonna tweak a bit of stuff on it...

Accepting commissions

BC

#7  July 18, 2010, 12:20:03 am
    • UK
Here's what's going down in the future:

I shall be releasing my first beta with 10 playable characters (excluding hidden)
I shall be releasing a second beta with more
I shall be releasing a third beta with even more
Then a 4th Final build with a full roster + Hidden + Guest characters ;) (40+ chars)
Accepting commissions
#8  July 30, 2010, 05:39:40 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
excellent, thanks for the news update

BC

#9  August 04, 2010, 02:48:19 am
    • UK
Been working on designing an official site for the project it's taken me a while still in progress:

Images will be clickable to show character profiles and movelists.

There's also detail information on the gameplay/fighting system.

oh and just for fun I made an intro XD  (currently links back to my forum)

http://www.mugenevolution.co.uk/sfa4/raaage.html  <<< I'm a flash noob though.
Accepting commissions

BC

#10  August 07, 2010, 06:10:25 pm
    • UK
OK some of you may or may not like this idea but I'd like to give the player the choice between 2 RAGE ultras (Like SSF4) at the start of the match.

What do you guys think ?
(yes I realise it's kinda turning into sfa4/sf4 but I wont go too far)
Accepting commissions
#11  August 07, 2010, 06:12:14 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
Dude that makes it more SF3 actually lol.
But yeah I like the idea. Just make sure you keep a significant difference in supers.
Eg. Zangief's ultra 1 is a throw and his ultra 2 is a barrage of punches and kicks.

Also nice website.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly

BC

#12  August 19, 2010, 05:43:09 pm
    • UK
Just a little bit of news to share with you. Every stage in the game when created will now have an extention (super jump) only reason for this being to add more "drama/look" to some Rage's.

Also even though new rages are being shown, please be aware they may change nearer the time if I and the team aren't happy with them or get a better idea.

currently converting Guy to A-ism and 1.0 once that's done it's Adon, then I'll work on someone else.

Ryu is now fully converted to A-ism and 1.0 just finishing up his new AI.
Accepting commissions
#13  August 19, 2010, 07:25:45 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Just a little bit of news to share with you. Every stage in the game when created will now have an extention (super jump) only reason for this being to add more "drama/look" to some Rage's.

I knew you'd come around. Did you happen to try Guy's RAGE Ultra on the SFA3 Jailbreak Edit I sent you, bro? This is a superb idea even if the chars don't happen to Super Jump....I mean, look at SF3 for instance. SuperJump compat stages, yet no Super Jump ability chars.

Great news.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja

BC

#14  August 19, 2010, 07:47:40 pm
    • UK
Yeah it gives me more freedom when creating those Rage moves. I've seen a few videos on youtube and got some inspiration that's why I decided to make that announcement.

And I haven't yet :P but I shall  ;)

Now to bug good old Ryon.
Accepting commissions

BC

#15  September 16, 2010, 07:37:02 pm
    • UK
Man after a few years of using FFC and defending it I fucking hate it now..... it's messed up akuma's sff file like really fucked it over, randomly rearranged everything and also removed completely some 5000's......

Luckily I have a back up but yeah ARRRRGH.

Oh video soon  ;D
Accepting commissions

BC

#16  September 22, 2010, 05:57:36 pm
    • UK
I need some ideas for how the RAGE activation FX should look. Currently it's too generic looking compared to their super activation sparks and I'd like to change it.

any suggestions ?

or maybe someone could help making a better animation for RAGE letters (something from PI or something I dunno)
Accepting commissions

BC

#17  October 25, 2010, 11:48:06 pm
    • UK
Found a new toy, cps2 hitbox script. Now I can add accurate clsns from sfa3 which is cool.

The bad thing about this is now I have a HUGE amount of work added to the HUGE amount of work I already have.
However this wont delay the beta release as it'd be in beta stages so you wont all have to wait till every characters clsns are accurate before you get to play.

The other huge amount of work is, Ryon recently jazzed up sfa3 low res sparks added glow and other tweaks to make them look hi-res, so that means now I have to remove everyones helper spark coding and edit every hitdef for every character. Also I'm doing something that I've kinda left too late which is removing all character fx and sounds and adding them to the screenpack which means I have to again edit explod, helper anims, playsnds for every character lol so I have alot of work.

But yeah here's a shot of working on the clsns for Ryu. They are accurate just the sfa3 shot the characters are scaled differently. I made sure I looked at where the characters pixels are and where the hitboxes start and finish. Ignore the green hitboxes that's physical push. Oh and both p2 ryu's are in different frames that's why one of them is slightly above the head clsn.

Accepting commissions
Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:53:53 pm by BC
#18  October 26, 2010, 12:13:37 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Accurate hitboxes are cool. :)
I think what some people do for hitboxes is rip the sprites twice, once with the CLSN on, and one with the CLSNs off. Then, they draw hitboxes in Fighter Factory on the sprites ripped with CLSNs, and apply them to the ones without CLSNs.

Well, I guess redoing the SFF will be a long task, but having the hitsparks in a single file will finally allow you to not do this for every char (and decrease the size of the game by 10MB per char), but people will not be happy not having them in your standalone releases. :P

Good luck. :)
#19  October 26, 2010, 08:08:00 pm
I think the most things needing change in Alpha 3 are
- Effects (like CvS2s are awesome, and some of MUGEN "Shin Gouki"s Shun Goku Satsu finishes with screen shaking+earthquake sound)
- Ryu... (I hate alpha MvC ryu srry he just looks like a kid

... why the hell am I trying to feedback about alpha... I massively hate alpha :S
#20  October 26, 2010, 08:09:18 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
He looks like a kid because he's younger than in SF2.