YesNoOk

Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update) (Read 621472 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, February 14, 2017, 03:34:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

After Yamazaki, what's next?

Update Iori Yagami?
6 (7.6%)
Update Dhalsim?
2 (2.5%)
Raiden or Maki Update?
9 (11.4%)
Captain Commando?
38 (48.1%)
5th Option?!
24 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 31, 2019, 03:34:00 pm

Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Crazy Guy Update)
#761  December 27, 2019, 02:56:06 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I'm pretty sure you just gave us an old beta because it's from July.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#762  December 27, 2019, 03:23:56 pm
  • Was it something I said?
#763  December 27, 2019, 04:16:20 pm
    • UK
Ok, here's what I've got:
1. Bombshell Badda-Bing is weird without hitsparks/sounds.
2. What is the benefit to using EX Spray Sand?
3. Level 1 Guillotine is a bit disappointing with the rather weak launch at the end.
4. MAX Drill Level 3 looks kinda off.
WIP Schedule:
#764  December 28, 2019, 12:27:30 pm
1. Will add them in.
2. So far, it's a bigger hitbox for it, but I may add something more to it. Not sure what though.
3. That's what Yamazaki does for it originally.
4. Yeah, trying to replicate this, and it does look quite awkward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxyIzkjXEVI
Time at 12:08

Also, I forgot to switch two of them around (the stomp and the first Level 2.)
#765  December 28, 2019, 02:52:49 pm
Video of some of the moves wiffing
https://streamable.com/j7thp

the new EX kick cannot be chained after a jumping HK then standing HP to the new EX kick the normal kicks work however after  them if you try to chain to the EX snake hands the second hit will wiff and you cant finish off your combo.

I suggest taking a look at some of the push back of the moves nad adjusting it also I feel giving the EX version a bit more range with the sand trailes  is a good idea, this was done in one of the KOF games but fuck me if I remember which one.

The new EX kick can be a good tool for when you need a tad bit more range to go into EX snake hands, however its verty situational.
With the new EX kick it goes (an example) jumping HK standing HP the new EX kick (currently wiffs most of the time) the EX hands ( second hit also wiffs and you are unable to finish a combo) to a level 1 thats a 2 bar requirment.

Second one would be.
Jumping HK to standing HP the normal kick to ex hands ( second hit wiffs and you are unable to finish a combo) to a level 1 that's 1.5 the bar requirment. The one above is not worth it in my eyes.

Granted, I have not tested the cancels that the new EX kick has which I have to go over and check.
Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 03:32:41 pm by PeXXeR
#766  December 29, 2019, 11:51:38 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since I did some feedback for Falcon Rapper's Iori, I might as well post them here for yours to fix:
-Standing MP has a light slash sound instead of a medium one.
-Close standing HP has a medium slash sound instead of a heavy one.
-100 Shiki: Oniyaki can be canceled with another one during Custom Combo.
-Sakahagi takes a second to hit after being grabbed (This bugs me as it looks like the characters freeze for a second).
-The effects on 100 Shiki: Oniyaki, Tsumagushi and Shiki 311: Saku Tsumagushi has shadows.
-The dust effect of his dash has no sliding sound effect.
-Shiki 1201: Ya Otome has no dash sound effect during the startup, light slash sounds instead of heavy ones and no envshake except for the last hit.
-Shiki 100: Oni Homura has no effects except for the last hit.
-San Shingi no Ni has no envshake on the final explosion.
-Chi No Bousou has no envshake on the hits, medium slash sounds instead of heavy ones and can still Iori's afterimage right when the screen goes dark.
-Orochi Iori's level 1 Shiki 1201: Ya Otome has no strong shockwave sound effect on the strong ground shockwaves.

Most of it is taken from his since his originally shared similar issues to yours. Since you plan to update him still, I don't believe I posted any feedback when you released him as I wasn't serious about it back then.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 12:07:54 am by SolidZone 26
#767  December 30, 2019, 08:40:21 am
Video of some of the moves wiffing
https://streamable.com/j7thp

the new EX kick cannot be chained after a jumping HK then standing HP to the new EX kick the normal kicks work however after  them if you try to chain to the EX snake hands the second hit will wiff and you cant finish off your combo.

I suggest taking a look at some of the push back of the moves nad adjusting it also I feel giving the EX version a bit more range with the sand trailes  is a good idea, this was done in one of the KOF games but fuck me if I remember which one.

The new EX kick can be a good tool for when you need a tad bit more range to go into EX snake hands, however its verty situational.
With the new EX kick it goes (an example) jumping HK standing HP the new EX kick (currently wiffs most of the time) the EX hands ( second hit also wiffs and you are unable to finish a combo) to a level 1 thats a 2 bar requirment.

Second one would be.
Jumping HK to standing HP the normal kick to ex hands ( second hit wiffs and you are unable to finish a combo) to a level 1 that's 1.5 the bar requirment. The one above is not worth it in my eyes.

Granted, I have not tested the cancels that the new EX kick has which I have to go over and check.

I'm still kind of experimenting with Sand Spray. Maybe I'll take Jmorph's advice long ago on making the opponent's hit time longer for EX, and probably the rest will probably be brought down so they can be hit properly. And maybe I'll do the same for the Serpent Slash too.
I'll also make EX Sand Spray's hitbox a bit bigger than regulars.

Since I did some feedback for Falcon Rapper's Iori, I might as well post them here for yours to fix:
-Standing MP has a light slash sound instead of a medium one.
-Close standing HP has a medium slash sound instead of a heavy one.
-100 Shiki: Oniyaki can be canceled with another one during Custom Combo.
-Sakahagi takes a second to hit after being grabbed (This bugs me as it looks like the characters freeze for a second).
-The effects on 100 Shiki: Oniyaki, Tsumagushi and Shiki 311: Saku Tsumagushi has shadows.
-The dust effect of his dash has no sliding sound effect.
-Shiki 1201: Ya Otome has no dash sound effect during the startup, light slash sounds instead of heavy ones and no envshake except for the last hit.
-Shiki 100: Oni Homura has no effects except for the last hit.
-San Shingi no Ni has no envshake on the final explosion.
-Chi No Bousou has no envshake on the hits, medium slash sounds instead of heavy ones and can still Iori's afterimage right when the screen goes dark.
-Orochi Iori's level 1 Shiki 1201: Ya Otome has no strong shockwave sound effect on the strong ground shockwaves.

Most of it is taken from his since his originally shared similar issues to yours. Since you plan to update him still, I don't believe I posted any feedback when you released him as I wasn't serious about it back then.

-Fixed.
-Fixed.
-It now has regular hitspark and sound instead of slash, close to source material.
-Fixed.
-Should be fixed now.
-I'll take another look at those.
-Added.
-Gonna need a better dash sound for it, and funny since some games (EX. 2002 um) has the running steps,  but the rest are fixed.
-I'll fix that since I'm doing Normal Iori and fixes for Orochi will be transfered for the most part, but I'll remember to fix the issues.
-Fixed the envshakes and slashes, and I'm using MUGEN 1.1, and the afterimages don't appear after the screen goes dark. Maybe I fix it by accident, or I'll take a look at MUGEN 1.0?
-Same as Answer 9.

Yeah, I looked at Falcon's Iori, and I'm seeing he mostly copied my own Iori (which I'm both amazed and a bit embarrassed since he was my first character released)... which is ironic since I'm using Karma's as sort of a idea for updates, so... I guess that's double irony? I do want to keep my own ideas though, but it's hard since most of his recreation from CvS2 mostly works for Iori (some things I don't agree with, but hey, I'm not here to cause trouble or nothing.) I was planning to do maybe a XIII version, but he beat me to the punch. A XIV version would be a nice add, but there's extra work (aka Sprite work) to be done for that to happen.
#768  December 30, 2019, 11:17:36 am
    • USA
Yeah, I looked at Falcon's Iori, and I'm seeing he mostly copied my own Iori (which I'm both amazed and a bit embarrassed since he was my first character released)... which is ironic since I'm using Karma's as sort of a idea for updates, so... I guess that's double irony? I do want to keep my own ideas though, but it's hard since most of his recreation from CvS2 mostly works for Iori (some things I don't agree with, but hey, I'm not here to cause trouble or nothing.) I was planning to do maybe a XIII version, but he beat me to the punch. A XIV version would be a nice add, but there's extra work (aka Sprite work) to be done for that to happen.
Falcon's felt like a combination of yours and Quickfist's. He merged certain aspects of both versions into one and added a little bit of his spice to it. That's how I noticed the similar issues with your Iori and why I decided to post the feedback. At least he credited both of you on his readme, so there shouldn't be anything wrong. Looking at your first character today looks more aesthetically polished than Quickfist's take in my opinion (Don't think he's going to do updates on his characters anymore since RagingRowen is now updating his Yuri on his behalf). Aside from the aesthetics, there's no major bugs with your Iori. Look forward to his official update alongside everyone else's.

Also, turns out I did post feedback for him on your Iori release topic back on page 3. But it's not much as my eye for detail wasn't sharp back then and has gotten much better now as I've been testing for other people.
#769  December 30, 2019, 12:42:18 pm
Nothing wrong with Falcon's Iori, just like I said, just feels weird that my own is still being used, despite my weird oddities. Just feels pretty nice to feel appreciated of it. As for mine, I wanted to update some things (like your feedback, and how Kototsuki In functions for example). But I feel I should do something special for Iori, but I just don't know exactly what I want, since others have done well with him, like KarmaChameleon's Iori for example.
#770  December 30, 2019, 05:57:28 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Nothing wrong with Falcon's Iori, just like I said, just feels weird that my own is still being used, despite my weird oddities. Just feels pretty nice to feel appreciated of it. As for mine, I wanted to update some things (like your feedback, and how Kototsuki In functions for example). But I feel I should do something special for Iori, but I just don't know exactly what I want, since others have done well with him, like KarmaChameleon's Iori for example.

There’s a lot of stuff you can do with Iori to make him different from the others. For example, Falcon gave Iori the ability to launch with his crouching HP to preform air combos.

Maybe you could give your Iori different mechanics that the others don’t have, such as giving him DivineWolf’s Max Mode, or making him a 3 button character (Like some of Sennou Room’s & Cruz’s characters) or a 4 button character (Like CrazyKoopa & Dark-Shade’s Mai Shiranui).

You could also give him specials that the others don’t have, such as:

*The KOF XI version of Saika (where he just does the big fire pillar without any extra attacks)
*The KOF XIV version of EX Yami Barai (where he does the 2 short ranged fiery slashes from the XIII version of Saika which crumples the opponent
*The KOF 2002 UM version of Homurabotogi (where he does Saiki Tsumagushi after grabbing the opponent)
*Yashiori from KOF XIV (You could probably use the slash animations from Saika as a throwing animation for it)
*Yatagarasu from KOF XIII (You could probably use the slash animation from his throw for it)
*Maybe some air specials? (He had an a air version of Tsumagushi had one in Million Arthur: Arcana Blood, & there’s this MVC2 style Iori which gave him an air version of his fireball)
#771  January 02, 2020, 11:39:28 am
Maybe you could give your Iori different mechanics that the others don’t have, such as giving him DivineWolf’s Max Mode, or making him a 3 button character (Like some of Sennou Room’s & Cruz’s characters) or a 4 button character (Like CrazyKoopa & Dark-Shade’s Mai Shiranui).

You could also give him specials that the others don’t have, such as:

*The KOF XI version of Saika (where he just does the big fire pillar without any extra attacks)
*The KOF XIV version of EX Yami Barai (where he does the 2 short ranged fiery slashes from the XIII version of Saika which crumples the opponent
*The KOF 2002 UM version of Homurabotogi (where he does Saiki Tsumagushi after grabbing the opponent)
*Yashiori from KOF XIV (You could probably use the slash animations from Saika as a throwing animation for it)
*Yatagarasu from KOF XIII (You could probably use the slash animation from his throw for it)
*Maybe some air specials? (He had an a air version of Tsumagushi had one in Million Arthur: Arcana Blood, & there’s this MVC2 style Iori which gave him an air version of his fireball)

I'm not a fan of the 3/4 button style on Iori. I feel he has more than enough to not limit him down like that. (I'm sure others would disagree with me, but who am I to judge?)

And I don't like air version of his fireball. I do like the rest of the ideas, but I'm still thinking about it. I would like to do a XIV version of him, but without making some of the animations look... awkward (for example, MvC2 Iori has the Yatagarasu with the slash animation you mentioned, but I don't know how he stands still for it.) I'm sure most of the others wouldn't be too bad of a problem (besides Yashiori's sparkles, where to get those, I'm not 100% sure).

Anyways, Round 2 of Yamazaki's Drill test, along with other minor updates here and there. I still need to get that Lvl. 5 in there, and I'm doing damage for the Level 1 Drills to know how much I'll need for the Level 2 Drills.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lycl1yw2280kp4s/Yamazaki_-_Beta.rar/file

Let me know if anything's wrong.
#772  January 02, 2020, 12:05:53 pm
    • USA
The Yamazaki-Beta rar file has nothing inside it. Why is it empty?
#773  January 02, 2020, 01:17:31 pm
Whoops! Must've undid something before. Link updated.
#774  January 02, 2020, 10:33:31 pm
Whoops! Must've undid something before. Link updated.

All right, it looks like it's fixed. Beta update seems pretty good. Any plans on adding a Poison/Health Drain effect for Pit Viper, like in KOF XIV?
#775  January 03, 2020, 10:28:56 pm
Really enjoying the tune up to the combos, sometimes the kicks still wiff but I think its my sloppy excetuion more than anything or its just a bit do tight of a cancel.

I have to do a couple of arcade runs to check it out.
Good stuff Knucks, thanks !
#776  January 03, 2020, 10:51:03 pm
    • UK
My only nitpick rn is that his MAX Drill LVL3 doesn't have a hitspark/sound on the Headbutt.
Also EX Serpent Slash is still weird with the Grab sound on the last slash, because that sound only really works without the hitspark but I'm not asking you to remove it.
And what will the command be for the LVL5s seeing it's 6 buttons?
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 10:56:57 pm by RagingRowen
#777  January 04, 2020, 02:09:03 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Yamazaki's Update Beta feels pretty nice. Still love playing the original, but this is definitely adding some of that classic flavor to him. I did still notice a couple of things though, as well as a few suggestions and nitpicky things:

- The blood effects on EX Judgment Dagger come in a bit late, about a frame after the attack itself hits.
- On the note of EX Judgment Dagger, though this might just be the result of using the new custom animation, but it feels like it's missing something without the blade trail behind it. I know he didn't have it in the games that used that animation originally and I'm not sure if there's anything you can really do about it, but I still thought I should bring it up. Edit: He actually does have a motion blur trail on EX Judgment Dagger, but the combination of the yellow glow effect from using EX moves and the hitspark made it a bit harder to see. However, that blur trail is missing completely on Level 2 MAX Drill.
- The start up of Level 2 MAX Drill has a blank frame at the end, which makes Yamazaki disappear right before he pulls the knife out.
- I still feel like Level 4 L1 Drill is too slow as it is. The speed that Level 4 MAX Drill has is perfect though.
- I dunno how to feel about Drill not being able to connect from EX Serpent Slash. Fair enough, it makes the combination of the two just *disgusting* and I completely understand that, but it's still kind of odd to me lol
- On the note of EX Serpent Slash, I'm not sure if this was intentional but using it in the corner or close to the corner makes Yamazaki kind of snap forward to where the opponent was standing. It looks very awkward and sudden.
- I agree with Rowen about the finish of L1 Guillotine feeling kind of weak. With the new animation used for EX Sand Spray, you could use that as the finish, appropriately adjusting for damage of course, since that was how Guillotine ended in the KOF games.

Really loving how this is coming along, Knux.
Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 02:12:38 am by Project.13
#778  January 07, 2020, 12:16:13 pm
Yamazaki's Update Beta feels pretty nice. Still love playing the original, but this is definitely adding some of that classic flavor to him. I did still notice a couple of things though, as well as a few suggestions and nitpicky things:

- The blood effects on EX Judgment Dagger come in a bit late, about a frame after the attack itself hits.
- On the note of EX Judgment Dagger, though this might just be the result of using the new custom animation, but it feels like it's missing something without the blade trail behind it. I know he didn't have it in the games that used that animation originally and I'm not sure if there's anything you can really do about it, but I still thought I should bring it up. Edit: He actually does have a motion blur trail on EX Judgment Dagger, but the combination of the yellow glow effect from using EX moves and the hitspark made it a bit harder to see. However, that blur trail is missing completely on Level 2 MAX Drill.
- The start up of Level 2 MAX Drill has a blank frame at the end, which makes Yamazaki disappear right before he pulls the knife out.
- I still feel like Level 4 L1 Drill is too slow as it is. The speed that Level 4 MAX Drill has is perfect though.
- I dunno how to feel about Drill not being able to connect from EX Serpent Slash. Fair enough, it makes the combination of the two just *disgusting* and I completely understand that, but it's still kind of odd to me lol
- On the note of EX Serpent Slash, I'm not sure if this was intentional but using it in the corner or close to the corner makes Yamazaki kind of snap forward to where the opponent was standing. It looks very awkward and sudden.
- I agree with Rowen about the finish of L1 Guillotine feeling kind of weak. With the new animation used for EX Sand Spray, you could use that as the finish, appropriately adjusting for damage of course, since that was how Guillotine ended in the KOF games.

Really loving how this is coming along, Knux.

-Fixed.
-Added the blur trail. (Still fast, but it's there now.)
-Whoops! Fixed.
-Adjusted it.
-If I can figure out how to do it, then that may happen.
-It was intention for when the opponent's against the wall, but not the other way around! Fixed.
-I have an animation idea, and it'll be the same as for the MAX version of Guillotine, selecting which animation you want.

Is this okay?

And many thanks! Glad you like my work. :)
#779  January 07, 2020, 05:28:34 pm
Looks pretty good, Knuckles. What’s left to add to Yamazaki?
#780  January 08, 2020, 11:18:44 am
-EX Shadow Serpent (the alternate). I did have it, but I overwrote it before. (Whoops.)
-Level 5 Drill. (Need to decide how to activate it after Level 4 animation.)
-Freak-Out Fist.