YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1556943 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3.0 Final Release Preview
#941  August 25, 2013, 02:43:51 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Oh, that is nice to hear!
#942  August 25, 2013, 09:43:06 pm
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Hi again! More than a bug I think this issue is a design problem. I think we need a "Center canvas" option in the view menu.

I was editing an image and after zooming in I moved the canvas (the image was 279x81) and when I zoomed out the canvas was outside the area and I could not find it anywhere to move it back.
Unable to see anything I closed the image editor and when I opened any image, the canvas was outside the viewing port, so it was impossible to know where to drag (nor even if I was actually grabbing it) to see anything again.

Then, thinking all was lost I was about to close FF3 then I thought: "What if I maximize the window?" and this happened:

Terran BattleCruiser said:
I'm seeing double! shoot them both!

I know it's just an issue but I think it might be important. I think it's good to be able to move the canvas outside the viewing port, but not being able to undo that situation with a "center canvas" button is what worries me. And the little bug that happens afterwards: sprite is shown twice, two canvas are shown and if you move it, the viewport edge is in the middle.
#943  August 25, 2013, 10:42:41 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I agree with the option to center the canvas, but the other issue isn't a bug. Go to View and uncheck "Original".
The "Original" option under view displays another viewport fixed at the original size of the image, so you can work on the zoomed version and check the results in the original size at the same time, useful for pixelart artists.

Thanks!
#944  August 25, 2013, 10:58:28 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Final Release preview on the first post.

hoho amazing, I doubt I would find a use for OpenGL stuff so the 3.0 version is a must get for me. All this hard effort put in this is really appreciated :)
Chilling
#945  August 26, 2013, 12:04:48 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Watch this video:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w5m5nw7yfnxc6xw/ff3.wmv

I open 5 chars so that they can be added to the "Open Recent" option.

Then I remove one of them so that I can ask FF3 to erase him from the history.

I choose to delete Alex from the "Open Recent", but after it, he still can be seen in that field.

I open Geese and he becomes Felicia.
Haggar becomes Geese Howard.
Rare Akuma becomes Haggar
Alex, whom was supposed to be removed from the Open Recent, becomes Rare Akuma.
#946  August 26, 2013, 01:36:18 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Fixed. Thanks!
#947  August 26, 2013, 04:32:49 am
  • "The Future is Now"
I was told this by a friend.

but he said when patch 2 was made, the crop error from patch 1 , returned with it.

is this fixed or not yet?

(im using patch 1)
#948  August 26, 2013, 10:05:29 pm
Hi all, I've just discovered this nice tool as I've never tried to create or mod a character before.
But I've discovered that the new trend is to change character portraits to match a screenpack. And for this, I have to directly modify a character .def using Fighter Factory. This can be quite annoying if I have to modify a lot of characters.
So, is there any batch mode to apply new custom portraits to several characters at once? If no, I'll be quite happy to help by adding this mode myself to Fighter Factory. I'm a professional developer proficient in C++ / C# / Java. But in order to do this, I need the source code.
#949  August 27, 2013, 02:14:02 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I was told this by a friend.

but he said when patch 2 was made, the crop error from patch 1 , returned with it.

is this fixed or not yet?

(im using patch 1)
Yes, it's fixed. Try the Final release preview that's the latest version, with more bug fixes than RC7.

Hi all, I've just discovered this nice tool as I've never tried to create or mod a character before.
But I've discovered that the new trend is to change character portraits to match a screenpack. And for this, I have to directly modify a character .def using Fighter Factory. This can be quite annoying if I have to modify a lot of characters.
So, is there any batch mode to apply new custom portraits to several characters at once? If no, I'll be quite happy to help by adding this mode myself to Fighter Factory. I'm a professional developer proficient in C++ / C# / Java. But in order to do this, I need the source code.
I'll release the source under GPL later. But it's better to use the built-in Lua scripting system than relying on a custom build. This way we can share Lua scripts so everyone can enjoy the new capabilities added to FF3.

Thanks!
#950  August 27, 2013, 09:12:34 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Thanks for all your hard work. This tool is fantastic. I doubt half of the characters made for mugen would be so good with out fighter factory.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#951  August 27, 2013, 09:21:01 am
I'll release the source under GPL later. But it's better to use the built-in Lua scripting system than relying on a custom build. This way we can share Lua scripts so everyone can enjoy the new capabilities added to FF3.
So there's a scripting facility within FF3. Nice to hear that.
But after some thoughts, I realized that a batch mode won't do the job at all as custom portraits and characters don't necessarily share the same filename... I'll probably try to do a drag'n drop plugin for Windows Explorer based on FF3 engine, this way you'll just have to drag your portrait pcx on the character def and after dropping it'll override the character portrait automatically. It'll still be a kinda slow process but less painful than doing the full edit within FF3 ;)
I'll still try to add a batch mode though, it can still be useful.
Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:24:42 am by xinyingho
#952  August 27, 2013, 09:12:49 pm
    • parsemugen.webnode.com.br/
When I try to change the color of line highlight, I get an xml error:
Attribute redefined. at line, 3, column 74 on'...custom.xml'

And all colors turn to black.
#953  August 28, 2013, 12:22:05 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/napoleonjonamite
New bug in the animations section. If you try to copy the CLSNs from previous frame (Either drop down menu or button), frames of the animation get dropped.
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#954  August 28, 2013, 02:36:30 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
@parse: Fixed.
@ThatIdahoGuy: Fixed. Note that the frames are still here (see in text mode). No data loss.

Thanks!
#955  August 28, 2013, 06:14:41 am
    • norragak@yahoo.com
When you paste a copied selection from one sprite to another, the new layer is not automatically activated (set to "current"), which is counter-intuitive and inconvinent for instance when you need to adjust the alignment.
#956  August 28, 2013, 01:23:23 pm
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
Yeeeeah, I'm still getting a strange error where hitting the 'copy all clsns of previous frame' causes the entire AIR file to be completely scrambled. Animations get moved around, and have their frames moved to other animations.
#957  August 28, 2013, 05:14:43 pm
  • Hey!
    • USA
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/napoleonjonamite
Yeeeeah, I'm still getting a strange error where hitting the 'copy all clsns of previous frame' causes the entire AIR file to be completely scrambled. Animations get moved around, and have their frames moved to other animations.

That was the same error I mentioned. Maybe I didn't explain it very well in the beginning?
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#958  August 28, 2013, 05:21:43 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
When you paste a copied selection from one sprite to another, the new layer is not automatically activated (set to "current"), which is counter-intuitive and inconvinent for instance when you need to adjust the alignment.
Yes, I will change this.

The bug is already fixed as I said in reply to the first report of it. But as you see, I never released any fix I made after the Final release preview, so is obvious that the problem persists.  --;
Just wait. I'm doing some things here that will require a full recompile to produce the new "fixed" version. Until the end of this week I will release the fix for all bugs reported here plus some things I'm implementing right now.

Thanks!
#959  August 28, 2013, 07:04:43 pm
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
But as you see, I never released any fix I made after the Final release preview, so is obvious that the problem persists.  --;

oooh, my b, didn't really realize that! (also it sounded a lot different than the issue thatidahoguy mentioned but either way yay it'll be fixed thx)
#960  August 30, 2013, 05:22:34 pm
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
I agree with the option to center the canvas, but the other issue isn't a bug. Go to View and uncheck "Original".
The "Original" option under view displays another viewport fixed at the original size of the image, so you can work on the zoomed version and check the results in the original size at the same time, useful for pixelart artists.

Thanks!
I see. I guess I checked the original option when I was trying to get the canvas back. Hmm the "Original" option needs some way to know the bounds of the viewports, maybe it should show a delimiter line between them, otherwise it's hard to tell.