YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1578720 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#1141  May 24, 2014, 02:33:21 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I really hope it does. Moreso I hope new systems spread into the other DW games.
Hah, I kinda hope some of this transfers to future Zelda games too :P

Warriors is mostly just point-A-to-point-B, plow through waves of enemies ; at most, it's in several parts as the story unfolds in the middle of the map (go there, then stuff changes, go here, repeat). However, there's still this one screenshot of Link opening a chest, so it's still possible they incorporated some of that, but I'm not betting on it - Warriors is almost never indoors.
I do expect the possibility to pick up weapons (or weaponized items), so that Link can sort of "change class" and use a caster moveset, a grappling hook moveset etc. On that alone I think it's doable, but keys and compasses and heart pieces, I don't think so.

The chest is what's giving me hope. That and I hope Nintendo may guide them a bit with some direction. I would get bored with just beating up hordes of baddies for hours on end. I'm not even expecting a full on Zelda game inside a DW game. Just a little bit of puzzle and exploration in an outdoor"dungeon" would be nice. As long as it's not just point A to point B mash buttons and kill stuff all game long.
#1142  May 24, 2014, 02:37:07 am
I would get bored with just beating up hordes of baddies for hours on end.
I was always very wary of getting into the Warriors series, but I played Orochi 3 and the way the story advances while in battle makes it kind of work (don't stay on it for too long at a time though). Since Zelda can easily be story heavy if Koei puts its heart in it, it's doable. I do expect more Warriors action than Zelda action. (I edited my previous post BTW)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1143  May 24, 2014, 02:40:12 am
Team Ninja is involved so of course there has to be the lolboobs character, I am just happy that it isn't Zelda.

Where Ralph at though?
#1144  May 24, 2014, 02:41:08 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1145  May 24, 2014, 02:44:11 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
(I edited my previous post BTW)
Your edited info would be a nice addition. Yeah, block pushing is highly doubtful. Guess it'll be a rental 1st. It looks amazing though.
#1146  May 24, 2014, 06:37:18 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Team Ninja is involved so of course there has to be the lolboobs character, I am just happy that it isn't Zelda.

Where Ralph at though?

*Sigh*

Team Ninja has never been behind any DW game since the merger past guest characters. Omega Force has been doing that for the females in it's series since the start.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1147  May 24, 2014, 07:27:23 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I'm perfectly fine with Shia, all things considered she's no worse then Twinrova was, she just has more Polygons.
Eh, to me, she looks like she's gone way too over the top compared to Twinrova.

And also her design in general is just dumb.
#1148  May 24, 2014, 04:17:17 pm
characters can change their weapons and have a completely different fighting style. Since it’s a Warriors game, he also revealed that there will be weapon enhancement and character growth systems implemented in the game.
Similar to other Zelda games, weapons and other important in Hyrule Warriors are acquired through treasure chests. Hayashi also said that the iconic treasure chest opening animation has been prepared for all of the playable characters.
Knowing the Warriors version, it doesn't sound like you'll be able to switch weapon in the middle of a fight, but at least you'll get the weapons by finding the chest (in Warriors you just buy them at a shop outside of battle and you select your weapon before the battle)
Instead, they’re giving the boss fights a Warriors touch, by having instances where you’ll face a bunch of smaller enemies to charge up your meter, then unleash a special attack on the boss. There will also be more Zelda-like features, such as strategically using items that can be found around stages to take on the boss.
YES. So you probably pick up items on the ground in the middle of the fight and you use it against your target. It doesn't automatically mean it'll also be possible to do something similar for exploration, but that's a start, and at least there's a decent chance it'll go this way.
#1149  May 24, 2014, 08:21:36 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
characters can change their weapons and have a completely different fighting style. Since it’s a Warriors game, he also revealed that there will be weapon enhancement and character growth systems implemented in the game.
Similar to other Zelda games, weapons and other important in Hyrule Warriors are acquired through treasure chests. Hayashi also said that the iconic treasure chest opening animation has been prepared for all of the playable characters.
Knowing the Warriors version, it doesn't sound like you'll be able to switch weapon in the middle of a fight, but at least you'll get the weapons by finding the chest (in Warriors you just buy them at a shop outside of battle and you select your weapon before the battle)
Instead, they’re giving the boss fights a Warriors touch, by having instances where you’ll face a bunch of smaller enemies to charge up your meter, then unleash a special attack on the boss. There will also be more Zelda-like features, such as strategically using items that can be found around stages to take on the boss.
YES. So you probably pick up items on the ground in the middle of the fight and you use it against your target. It doesn't automatically mean it'll also be possible to do something similar for exploration, but that's a start, and at least there's a decent chance it'll go this way.

Since Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce, you can switch your weapons mid battle.

http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1150  May 24, 2014, 08:30:55 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Strikeforce was an entirely different system. I know this cus I broke that system very early in the game.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#1151  May 24, 2014, 08:45:38 pm
I've only actually played Warriors Orochi 3 but I've been eyeing the series for a while (I've been scared of the repetitiveness and the difficulty of remembering the story, characters, and weapons). I assumed the weapon system was mostly the same as in Orochi 3 because I never noticed that feature in any video or gameplay explanation I've come across, even the Koei Wiki barely mentions it, what the hell. Now that I'm looking for it, apparently 7 and 8 do have a secondary weapon system, but it's impractical (Strikeforce switches with a button press, while 7 and 8 seem to require going through a pause menu), that's probably why I never noticed it. Okay, maybe there's a chance Koei will adapt that system and make it much easier. Hopefully. Especially since I doubt they'll include the system with multiple characters and the ability to switch character in battle, they can replace that with a quick weapon switch system. There's a chance, then !
#1152  May 24, 2014, 10:14:52 pm
  • (Slowly) Teaching myself to make games with MUGEN!
    • USA
Never played a Warriors game. Are they any good?
Mains:
Brawl: Marth, Ike, Snake, Toon Link, and Lucario
Super Street Fighter IV: Juri
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Deadpool, Wesker, and Zero
Mortal Kombat 9: Stryker, Scorpion
Injustice: Harley Quinn, Superman, Scorpion

Umezono said, 24 minutes ago
im sure jason flailing a rusty machete into luigis midsection will be okay just as long as we remove the blood

We can do that with a beam saber already. I don't see the problem with that! :laugh2:
#1153  May 24, 2014, 10:20:06 pm
  • "The one who lurks."
snip

Just going to say that actually in dw7/8 you can change to your other weapon with a single input, no menu. Though you went through a switch attack/counter depending on when you did it.
"Always watching, but never showing."
#1154  May 25, 2014, 06:50:47 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
#1155  May 25, 2014, 10:42:03 am
Never played a Warriors game. Are they any good?

They're more or less button-mashing light shows. They can be fun, I suppose, if you've never played one before. I have played just about all of them and it starts to get monotonous after a while. I heard the most recent DW finally offers some variety in the gameplay, I haven't checked it out though.

Don't bother with the Anime spin-offs.
#1156  May 26, 2014, 10:45:19 pm
I have read that they used the One Piece Pirate Warriors crossover game as an example of how Hyrule Warriors would feel. I can say that this becomes a more unique crossover game everyday.
#1157  May 26, 2014, 11:06:35 pm
  • (Slowly) Teaching myself to make games with MUGEN!
    • USA
I think I'll start with Hyrule Warriors.
Edit: Are there any Warriors games for PS4 or Wii U?
Mains:
Brawl: Marth, Ike, Snake, Toon Link, and Lucario
Super Street Fighter IV: Juri
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Deadpool, Wesker, and Zero
Mortal Kombat 9: Stryker, Scorpion
Injustice: Harley Quinn, Superman, Scorpion

Umezono said, 24 minutes ago
im sure jason flailing a rusty machete into luigis midsection will be okay just as long as we remove the blood

We can do that with a beam saber already. I don't see the problem with that! :laugh2:
#1158  May 27, 2014, 04:12:27 am
  • or "#%?'M@%&+!" for short.
Yep, on the Wii U there's Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper. Although if you feel like waiting, the PS4 is getting Ultimate sometime this year.

If it counts there's also Ken's Rage 2 which is pretty much Dynasty Warriors meets Fist of the North Star. Although from what I heard about it it's pretty bad.
#1159  May 27, 2014, 04:50:59 am
    • USA
I'm perfectly fine with Shia, all things considered she's no worse then Twinrova was, she just has more Polygons.
Eh, to me, she looks like she's gone way too over the top compared to Twinrova.

And also her design in general is just dumb.

Yeah, I agree to an extent. I REALLY hate her design too. Though no one else I know is making a fuss about it.... But then again, over sexualized characters tend to annoy me (I'm looking at you, Bayonetta.)

Though that said, there IS a Zelda villain who was on par with that design, not named Twinrova... Veran, look her up on a Zelda Wiki... her proportions are WAY out of whack....
#1160  May 27, 2014, 04:55:48 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Veran isn't too bad.

And also her design isn't terrible.