YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1515201 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#1261  June 12, 2014, 06:07:53 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
The Nintendo Twitch is just transmitting Morse Code at the moment, either just saying U or D all over again. Though contextually its obviously saying U

Also it stopped as i was typing this, nvm.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#1262  June 12, 2014, 06:08:40 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1263  June 12, 2014, 06:10:10 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
There have been atleast two female Robins (Batman). Though one is japan only, and not really notable at all.

No I;m stupid the japan one is just a different version of Carrie Kelly.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#1264  June 12, 2014, 06:12:05 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
#1265  June 12, 2014, 06:18:19 pm
  • SNK is life
You know what would be fucking great? If you could choose the gender of your Link character, and no matter what you pick, you get the same character model
#1266  June 12, 2014, 09:07:20 pm
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/12/hyrule-warriors-lets-summon-moon-majoras-mask/
The demo of Hyrule Warriors they played on the stream in the Twilit stage. Didn't see Midna's "fused shadow" giant form last time, I expected it and I love it. It's also quite original to see other characters like Midna use classic items like the hookshot.
Also, in addition to item power-ups with the Great Fairy, there still are secret places hidden behind rocks you have to blow up (not included in this demo) and using the hookshot to get around, so the Zelda style is definitely safe.
Oh, something I wanted to say when they first showed the other stage (with King Dodongo), the map completely looked like some others from Warriors Orochi 3 (the only one I played) with very similar textures and objects so I was a little worried, but the Twilit stage made up for that, it's a lot more like the actual place from TP.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:25:55 pm by DKDC

Bea

#1267  June 13, 2014, 12:15:31 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
You know what would be fucking great? If you could choose the gender of your Link character, and no matter what you pick, you get the same character model

This... THIS would be brilliant!
The current Link model is androgynous enough to allow that perfectly. :D
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1268  June 13, 2014, 01:02:37 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
#1269  June 13, 2014, 02:46:22 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Nintendo planning future for new 2D and 3D Metroid
We might not have heard about a new Metroid at this year’s E3, but Nintendo is having internal discussions about where to go with the series, and wants to “take care of” both the series’ 2D and 3D styles.

“So it has been a while since we released the last one and we’re having discussions internally about what we can do next,” Nintendo SPD group lead Shinya Takahashi told Kotaku. “So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we’ll be able to share something about them.”
#1270  June 13, 2014, 12:10:39 pm
That is great news. It is good to know that they are aware of using both Primes and the traditional Metroid game styles for this. I enjoyed the Metroid Prime and Metroid Other M games. I wonder if this will be a followup or a total new game with a new story. Metroid fans waited very long to get a new 2D game.
#1271  June 13, 2014, 12:14:06 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#1272  June 13, 2014, 06:00:04 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
OTHER Other M! :o
#1273  June 13, 2014, 06:15:33 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#1274  June 13, 2014, 11:11:14 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1275  June 13, 2014, 11:27:02 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Yeah, fuck those guys for wanting a game that plays well and isn't a mediocre run and gun platformer that exists not to provide an expansive world to explore on your own, like some kind of Metroid game, but instead a railroaded sequence of uninteresting environments that are only there connect the cutscenes together. What a bunch of idiots!
#1276  June 14, 2014, 12:21:08 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Yeah, fuck those guys for wanting a game that plays well and isn't a mediocre run and gun platformer that exists not to provide an expansive world to explore on your own, like some kind of Metroid game, but instead a railroaded sequence of uninteresting environments that are only there connect the cutscenes together. What a bunch of idiots!

Yep, good old fashioned rage.

Not saying whatever, but I'd rather they not BS around either and simply do the same crap Miyamoto has been doing with the Mario games since the dawn of time either.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1277  June 14, 2014, 12:24:26 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
You mean making stellar games that play really well like 3D World? Yeah what a shitty, antiquated way of doing things. They should just sell out and reinvent the wheel regardless of whether it's necessary or not. The "same crap" happens to be pretty universally acclaimed, so yeah, let them do that with Metroid.

Also you're damn right diggity down I'd be okay with another 2D Metroid. I'd actually prefer that, make it like Zero Mission too that game was amazing.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#1278  June 14, 2014, 12:43:50 am
    • USA
I enjoyed Other M. The only issue I had with it was that it was too easy but damn didn't that game look beautiful on the Wii? I also liked the fact that it had post end-game content and allowed you to go back to the ship and get any collectibles you may have missed without requiring you to start a new savegame from the beginning. I hope more Metroid games allow you to do that in the future.

But yeah, I'd rather take another Zero Mission-like Metroid over any other kind. Other M was an alright one-shot game for me to pass the time and I find the Prime series kinda boring (Must be The environment and music, I prefer something more colorful like the GBA ones. Guess that's why I liked Other M too).
#1279  June 14, 2014, 03:54:59 am
  • The Goddess Returns
You mean making stellar games that play really well like 3D World? Yeah what a shitty, antiquated way of doing things.

That....wasn't what I was talking about...

I was talking about basically not really having a story or really trying to make a character with the world or people in the setting.
Other M was a bad attempt, but it's still an attempt I'm on board of because it still has some stuff I liked about it.

Gameplay wise, it looked and played pretty good too and making the environments non-linear would be the best touch, but that wasn't what I meant.

#1280  June 14, 2014, 04:04:45 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Well no, Other M played like shit too. Sakamoto has no idea what made the series good and he should not be trusted with any further games in the series or be allowed to write character for Samus since we really don't need her to be reduced into a insufferable secondary character in the fucking game she stars in.

Fucking fuck fuck fuck.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."