YesNoOk

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC) (Read 998698 times)

Started by Moon Girard, June 09, 2017, 04:33:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball Fighters (Xbone)(PS4)(PC)
#101  June 13, 2017, 02:45:11 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
https://twitter.com/tatsunical/status/874199234274246658

I mean if we could stop making this about HDBZ that would be great. Both of them borrow references from the source material. That's literally the point. But to assume they are copying a fan mugen project, while not entirely far fetched, is still a bit presumptuous. Arcsys has yet to be caught with their hands in the cookie jar like snk and capcom did in the past so I doubt they'd start now.

Well either way it'd be pretty cool if some references were inspired by Hyper DBZ. But I wouldn't say copying more like influenced by, and some other DBZ fighting games. although that's just my Hype from seeing the stages, and what little references & comparisons I can find.

why would they take influence visually from a fan game when the source material is right there. Besides now that the button layout has been revealed it looks like its going to be a more competent EB. I think its safe to say HDBZ has nothing to worry about.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#102  June 13, 2017, 04:20:56 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
Preoder for the game already nice, yeah I'm getting that for PC. I wonder if we preorder we get some kind of bonus content special character or something?

ZX2

#103  June 13, 2017, 05:34:37 am
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~

I mean if we could stop making this about HDBZ that would be great. Both of them borrow references from the source material. That's literally the point. But to assume they are copying a fan mugen project, while not entirely far fetched, is still a bit presumptuous. Arcsys has yet to be caught with their hands in the cookie jar like snk and capcom did in the past so I doubt they'd start now.

Well either way it'd be pretty cool if some references were inspired by Hyper DBZ. But I wouldn't say copying more like influenced by, and some other DBZ fighting games. although that's just my Hype from seeing the stages, and what little references & comparisons I can find.

why would they take influence visually from a fan game when the source material is right there. Besides now that the button layout has been revealed it looks like its going to be a more competent EB. I think its safe to say HDBZ has nothing to worry about.

Why not? maybe not visually, but I mean a 2D DBZ fighting game is what fans have been asking for a very long time. and seeing as how the Champ's build trailer went they probably took notice to the feedback (Maybe even further back then that). But hey it looks great so I'm happy bout that. ^_^
#104  June 13, 2017, 05:42:51 am
  • God's Tongue
  • SEA (South East Asia)
Seem like Arc System Works play mugen too . It is very funny DB figther Z work almost Like HYper DBZ and SSJ3 by Sankiti .
#105  June 13, 2017, 10:16:40 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

lui

#106  June 13, 2017, 10:36:44 am
    • USA
the funny thing is, so many people are saying "oh I feel bad for the hdbz team the game is gonna kill hdbz" or some shit when really the devs are all for the game. theyre not competing at all and iced himself didn't even think of the game as being "competition". one is a big budget fighting game with a huge number of resources and the other is a fan-made indie game that has no set final roster or release date. jesus christ people can be pretty blind.
#107  June 13, 2017, 11:07:19 am
  • God's Tongue
  • SEA (South East Asia)
All DB fighter Z video have comment about Hyper DBZ  .  I didn't know Hyper DBZ have alot of fan . Wow !! Yes, Arcs systems already set final roster ,  I think 20 characters limit playable like ggxrd spend 3 or 4 years to finish the game since Hyper DBZ is no limited and people can made rare character that never play before if more people interesting join the team and made !
#108  June 13, 2017, 11:10:28 am
it's possible that the game being made a 2d fighter was because namco saw how popular hdbz is, but even that is somewhat far fetched and it was probably because of extreme butoden's sales or gulity gear's popularity.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#109  June 13, 2017, 02:32:10 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I am pretty damn sure it's because fighters are popular again and EB was received well enough to warrant and expansion on the idea. I get it, HDBZ for what it's worth is and has shaped up to be a promising display of what mugen is capable of but let's not get so ahead of our selves that we suddenly assume AAA companies are going to piggy back off of it. This was inevitable regardless of what our niche community has going on simply because DB is popular again and so are fighting games.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#110  June 13, 2017, 02:42:18 pm
Also, a lot of it is because Arcsys has historically shown (HnK, SBX, Persona) that they're the most qualified to take a third party manga/anime/game IP. And translate it into a traditional 2D fighter while maintaining said IP's artistic style. A project like this would never be given to modern Capcom, SNK, or any of Arc's imitators.
Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:53:46 pm by Niitris
#111  June 13, 2017, 03:56:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Why not? maybe not visually, but I mean a 2D DBZ fighting game is what fans have been asking for a very long time. and seeing as how the Champ's build trailer went they probably took notice to the feedback (Maybe even further back then that). But hey it looks great so I'm happy bout that. ^_^

they are obviously taking influence from the original animation and manga same stuff we did when we made hdbz.
This feels like a more worked on evolution of Extreme Butoden and I hope its really good because I would love for good dragonball games to become a thing.

has anything come out regarding movesets? I wanted to know how many moves each char had and how they were performed.
#112  June 13, 2017, 05:52:33 pm
HDBZ is a very professional looking fan Game. A service project for enjoyment with no payments involved. At the other side we have companies just making Games for cash. Some Games are good and some arent. We see many original games looking like shit but, they sell just because their names. HDBZ is a fire and a blast when you compare it with games made for money.

This new upcomming Game looks Great but, HDBZ will remain great as it is free and Excellent. Not Everyone owns a console but, almosy Everyone has a PC. So Z2 team pleases more people then anyone else.
#113  June 13, 2017, 05:58:24 pm
    • USA
This new upcomming Game looks Great but, HDBZ will remain great as it is free and Excellent. Not Everyone owns a console but, almosy Everyone has a PC. So Z2 team pleases more people then anyone else.

But this game is coming out on both consoles and PC  o_O
#114  June 13, 2017, 06:03:27 pm
I know that. I was refering about games which arent for the pc. I only said this new Game looks Great.
#115  June 13, 2017, 06:20:21 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Hyper Dragon Ball z has many views on youtube everywhere Art system could have taken note  anddesired to make their own DBZ fighting game.    and I so happy about that decition.xD
Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:35:00 pm by yaret
#116  June 13, 2017, 06:21:39 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
You don't know how this works, don't you?
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#117  June 13, 2017, 06:38:20 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com

They need to see they can get money, money alot of money :D youtube views is money and people liked what theyre watching and they can became that in real money, that´s the formula.xD Hyper Dragon ball Z is one of the best fighting game about DBZ in this moment but Art system appers.xD aaaahh we can do it better in 2.5D.´and we have the licence why not? the same happend with Mortal Kombat Rebirth it was a fan proyect by Kevin Tancharoen WB realized the popularity about Mortal Kombat Rebirth and decided to help about Mortal Kombat Legacy.
Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:55:43 pm by yaret
#118  June 13, 2017, 06:49:20 pm
None of the people claiming HDBZ had any impact on this have any fucking idea of how anything works ever.
and we have the licence
How the fuck do you think they even got the licence ? It's not like it magically appeared out of nowhere. And before you try to answer that question by shifting the narrative to Bandai Namco, how do you think Dimps got the licence for Xenoverse ? Did that get pushed by some fan game too ?

Also, remember Extreme Butouden was also made by Arc System Works. THAT is when they tested out the waters to see if there was any interest for a 2D (2.5D) DBZ fighter. Everyone saw it coming at the time.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:57:30 pm by Byakko
#119  June 13, 2017, 06:52:46 pm
I'm not seeing the similarities.
They both seem pretty different to me so is there just something i'm not getting or what?
#120  June 13, 2017, 06:56:41 pm
Dumb fan goggles. Dumb fan goggles is what you're not getting.