YesNoOk

Supergirl, Dhalsim, Aoko, Arcueid (Updated 01/24/2013) (Read 23740 times)

Started by RajaaBoy, December 12, 2012, 04:34:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Supergirl
#21  December 12, 2012, 06:44:56 pm
    • Thailand
Thanks for the tip. Found some decent portraits that I like.

Also, that jump smoke looks horribly animated for Supergirl. Maybe I should expand the dust balls instead of shrink them? This is why I don't like going through Touhou effects, they tempt me into focusing on changing effects! At least the Touhou dash smokes looks better than the previous ones I used. One sprite saves .sff space.

I'll re-upload her with a newer portrait, a better command for Heat Oversight, and with better smoke effects. Cosmetics are important too.

DW

#22  December 12, 2012, 06:51:45 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I really like the feel of her. She plays great. I'm not too fond of MVC gameplay in MUGEN, so, I like you're decision to give her your own style. I do miss the ariel dive kick from Toni's version. Though I see you replaced it with Steel Kick. Also like how you gave Bullet Punch different properties, dependant on which button is pressed. Rather than it just being a single hit, non-knock down for all of them. I agree with JMan about the command for Heat Oversight. Feels sort of out of place with her overall gamer friendly command scheme. Other than that, she's awesome. Great job. I hope that Toni takes some pointers from your version and updates his. Mainly due to he's being Winmugen compatible. :P It's not like his version is too far off though. Some off those other DC chars are in much more need of overhauls like this. I saw you talk about that in that thread about good DC chars. Hopefully you have some more of them in your sights. Good job.
#23  December 12, 2012, 06:53:24 pm
  • Powered by Google Tradutor
#24  December 12, 2012, 07:01:18 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
So I'm useless here. Hope you find your joy for port, what i saw was not really fun for me in Google.
#25  December 12, 2012, 07:21:54 pm
This is most excellent. Most excellent.
#26  December 12, 2012, 07:47:27 pm
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
Awesome job with this Rajaa very impressive coding skills.
#27  December 12, 2012, 08:23:11 pm
    • Thailand
I really like the feel of her. She plays great. I'm not too fond of MVC gameplay in MUGEN, so, I like you're decision to give her your own style. I do miss the ariel dive kick from Toni's version. Though I see you replaced it with Steel Kick. Also like how you gave Bullet Punch different properties, dependant on which button is pressed. Rather than it just being a single hit, non-knock down for all of them. I agree with JMan about the command for Heat Oversight. Feels sort of out of place with her overall gamer friendly command scheme. Other than that, she's awesome. Great job. I hope that Toni takes some pointers from your version and updates his. Mainly due to he's being Winmugen compatible. :P It's not like his version is too far off though. Some off those other DC chars are in much more need of overhauls like this. I saw you talk about that in that thread about good DC chars. Hopefully you have some more of them in your sights. Good job.

Yeah, I changed the command to qcf*2+k, feels much better. I kinda got used to the weird command, though. :(

I'm glad you like the character. And yes, there are TONS more characters that actually need to be fixed, Toni's Supergirl was alright by me, aside from the effects. =p

Thanks for testing.

Thanks Rajaa for another decent and solid char. My opinions:
1. I guess you could remove the hard punch "loaded" for more CVS style and less Rajaa Melty Blood style chars.
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5205/sococarregado.png
2. The crouching strong kick could be more faster.
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3941/rasteira.png
I kinda like the charge moves as a mechanic. Plus, by the default, the character can't do a bunch of ridiculous system things anymore (I feel good about changing that in my new system), so I think they're safe to keep. I'll include them in the config editing program when I finish it. As for increasing the start up time for the crouching kick, I agree, but I kinda like it's slowness. It has a lot of range and start up priority. =p

Thanks for testing!

So I'm useless here. Hope you find your joy for port, what i saw was not really fun for me in Google.
Yes, you're useless! Get out of my thread! No, no! I'm just kidding! ;P

I'm actually including a bunch of portraits now. I'll choose the one I like and people can mess around int he .sff if they like another one. For some reason, doing portraits is fun, that's probably temporary. Maybe it's because Supergirl is hot.
#28  December 12, 2012, 08:34:55 pm
I'm glad you like the character. And yes, there are TONS more characters that actually need to be fixed, Toni's Supergirl was alright by me, aside from the effects. =p

Sounds too! Adding more sounds makes such a difference!
#29  December 12, 2012, 08:45:19 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
I wasnt expecting this so quick I remember you saying you were gonna work on supergirl but I never thought it was gonna be this quick, i really like what you did here, great gameplay as usual cause I wasnt really a MVC fan so the CVS style fits her pretty well also I like what you did with the running animation looks nice and smooth! overall is looking good, great job and thank you!
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#30  December 12, 2012, 09:30:43 pm
    • Thailand

Sounds too! Adding more sounds makes such a difference!

Yeah, that too. Well done gameplay, pretty effects, and fruitful sounds are a huge part of any good character! =P

I wasnt expecting this so quick I remember you saying you were gonna work on supergirl but I never thought it was gonna be this quick, i really like what you did here, great gameplay as usual cause I wasnt really a MVC fan so the CVS style fits her pretty well also I like what you did with the running animation looks nice and smooth! overall is looking good, great job and thank you!

I don't recall telling anyone besides Jmorphman, Toni, and Fernando, so you must be confused!

Posted: December 12, 2012, 09:32:36 pm
I reuploaded her.

- Changed the command of Heat Oversight
- Fix the jumping dust effect
- Fixed the ugly portrait and traded it for a better one (there are more in the .sff, but the "S" on her chest gets reversed, which is a problem.

Download
#31  December 12, 2012, 09:38:18 pm
    • Zimbabwe
I had the opportunity to use this port. :D
Maybe for the next time! :p
#32  December 12, 2012, 09:46:05 pm
    • Thailand
It's a free internet, you can use it too. :)
#33  December 12, 2012, 09:49:13 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#34  December 12, 2012, 09:49:27 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Very nice release. :)
Toni's Supergirl was one of the few custom comics chars I enjoyed, and you made her gameplay even more enjoyable to my tastes.
Can't wait for you to save some other comics creations and give them a complete overhaul.
#35  December 12, 2012, 09:51:03 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
YES please do. same with some of imts stuff. recoding badly coded chars with nice sprites good job.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#36  December 12, 2012, 09:52:48 pm
    • Zimbabwe
xD
#37  December 12, 2012, 10:00:44 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Another release I wish I had a working computer to try her out with.  Ah well.

I don't suppose we can have any hints who you have in store next?  Such as if it's only D.C. characters you had in mind?

Anyways, I'll be sure to test her out next opportunity I get, but from the previous posts and work you've done before, I'm sure she turned out great, so thanks for the release.
#38  December 12, 2012, 10:05:26 pm
    • Thailand
^Read reply to Cybaster below.

I don't recall telling anyone besides Jmorphman, Toni, and Fernando, so you must be confused!
And I don't recall being told anything! :S

I told you when you messaged me about my "permission-jerks" comment!

Very nice release. :)
Toni's Supergirl was one of the few custom comics chars I enjoyed, and you made her gameplay even more enjoyable to my tastes.
Can't wait for you to save some other comics creations and give them a complete overhaul.
Thanks. I'm looking at that Batman!

Did one last re-upload to get rid of lag when two geysers explode. I didn't receive any lag, but I got an email, so, yeah. I forget that not everyone has an Alienware computer. =p
#39  December 12, 2012, 10:07:47 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#40  December 12, 2012, 10:21:51 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/