YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17381677 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#1881  July 29, 2018, 03:17:59 am
    • USA
#1882  July 29, 2018, 03:20:07 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
None of this matters, but the questions are fun

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1883  July 29, 2018, 03:37:41 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I mean, typically you have a comparative point to contrast two characters.  If not within the confines of their actual lore in-universe then further beyond in scope of their type of media or portrayal, like Scorpion to Ryu as fighting game mascots.

But no, it doesn't really matter.  I would just assume if they took the time to line up combatants thus far with others that are similar, then this would follow suit.

Also thank you for that Carl reference.  I needed that laugh.
#1884  July 29, 2018, 06:12:20 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#1885  July 29, 2018, 06:25:16 am
    • USA
Both their moms are dead and had secret jobs they didn't really know about, for that matter
This time
This time
#1886  August 01, 2018, 09:27:59 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I can't think of a good pun for Carnage.

#1887  August 02, 2018, 01:19:31 am
    • USA
Carnage-y Hall? (Man, now I'm doing them too)

I'm going to be revisiting the anime for Elfin Lied in the meantime leading up to this match-up, both for this match and it's just been a long time since thinking about the series.  But for now, my initial assumption stands.  Obviously, the symbiote that rivals Spider-Man is going to show off the better stats, but his lacking means to prevent Lucy's offense at all, never mind getting anything near her, makes it exceedingly hard for him to do much.

Welp, binge watched the show and now I'm even more confused than before.  I think I know Elfen Lied's key problem, though.  They made the psychopathic mass murderer more human and relatable and likable than the main duo.  And the homeless girl with the predator step-dad and abusive mother was better than them too.  And all the Diclonius, actually.  Kouta and Yuka are terrible characters.

But as per Death Battle, I am now questioning the vector force field's power, seeing it in action.  On the one hand, up to a certain strength of resistance, it can stop anything from any angle.  But then they come along with pistols with a higher piercing strength than armor-piercing, and it kills Diclonius instantly and can't be blocked.  So maybe they'll find reason to compare Carnage's rocket fingers having a higher piercing capability than armor-piercing rounds?

Second realization, uh, what do they plan on showing the audience during the breakdown to display her powers?  All fights, feats and displays of powers either are performed in the nude, quite uncensored at that, or end as such.
Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:54:57 am by Long John Killer
#1888  August 04, 2018, 09:52:19 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
DBX
#1889  August 08, 2018, 08:21:54 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Lefty Lucy

:EDIT:  Looks like this is going to start being a thing.
Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:25:19 pm by Person Man
#1890  August 12, 2018, 08:53:00 pm
    • USA
Yeah, they showed those models off in a previous Cast episode.  Speaking of which, here's a new one in which they have a preview for the upcoming fight as well as announce that episode 99 will be live action.

Huh.  Oddly, the way they animate Carnage reminds me an awful lot of Invader Zim.

I dunno, still haven't seen anything convincing yet from Carnage to give him a win beyond piercing strength versus an unknown caliber of specially designed bullet.  Alongside end of manga stuff, unless there's a comic run where Carnage spread his symbioite across the entire globe and infected everyone to control them, he still seems outclassed.  I still think it's as simple as picking him up and throwing him off the Earth.
#1891  August 13, 2018, 02:41:03 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
This battle has curb stomp written all over it. I mean, did you see what she did to those assholes who killed her puppy?

This is going to be like that... times 100.
#1892  August 15, 2018, 08:41:05 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
It's out

#1893  August 15, 2018, 08:53:02 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1894  August 15, 2018, 11:39:40 pm
    • USA

But oh boy, the next one is one I've been wanting for ages.  Optimus Prime versus the original Gundam.  It's more a fight between icons that a fair fight, I mean, Optimus has been around for how many eons again?  But man, I hope it's 3D and like the Megazord/Voltron fight.
Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:45:08 pm by Long John Killer
#1895  August 16, 2018, 01:26:49 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Weakness to Fire and high frequency/really loud sound is just an inherent weakness of the Symbiote species.

#1896  August 16, 2018, 01:57:23 am
    • USA
Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:11:00 am by Long John Killer
#1897  August 16, 2018, 02:32:31 am
    • USA
There's a quote I always fall back on when it comes to a question of mech versus mech, from Zone of the Enders 2:

Lloyd said:
The performance of these two bodies is even. But to match Anubis, Jehuty lacks one thing: a program to bring out the full performance of Jehuty.

That depends on the skill of the runner.

In terms of weaponry for vanilla Gundam they can go to toe: Prime has his ax for melee (or any number of melee weapons depending on how far they want to go to grab feats, I mean if they give him the Star Saber from TFPrime gg kthx no re)

If it was nu-Gundam it would potentially be a win, but even then at the end of the day: Prime is not a Mobile Suit. He does not have to wait even a half second for pilot input because it is his body. He is the runner, operating himself at his own full performance. I think he wins.

Also, yeah the sparks are the souls of the Transformers there was a ghost Starscream floating around
This time
This time
#1898  August 16, 2018, 02:54:38 am
    • USA
I would have to imagine they would use G1 Optimus.  Besides the obsessive popularity of it over any other incarnation, it likely also has the most material to work with, not just by being the first but also being the star series to pick for video games and more recent comic book reboots.  So no Star Saber or Minicons or whatnot.  But yes to the trailer just showing up out of nowhere and Amuro being unable to read where it came from.

I wonder if they'll take the Cybertron games into account?  It's not quite G1, but it's based on it and close enough to it.
#1899  August 16, 2018, 04:31:13 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Well if ScrewAttack does it's usual shtick of "anything relevant is relevant" then G1 Optimus himself had a Matrix in Beast Wars. It was the same Optimus as Gen 1 but they were in a time paradox, blah blah.

Anyway, what kind of weapons does Optimus have? In Mobile Suit Gundam, Amuro has to know what weapons he needs before heading out into battle but in various video games he simply has all of his weapons at once. He's got

Vulcan Cannons
Beam Rifle
Hyper Bazooka x2
Hyper Hammer (giant flail)
Beam Saber
Beam Javelin
and Super Napalm, packs he can throw around and detonate manually.

#1900  August 16, 2018, 05:25:02 pm
    • USA
That's also completely dependent on what they want to include, but commonly his Ion Blaster (a powerful handgun commonly remembered as what he uses to straight merc those 'cons in the beginning of the original movie), his Energon Axe (a axe made out of the titular energy that he can just pop out of his hand) and his famous trailer

Now here's where it can get murky

The trailer can: appear and disappear seemingly at will, drive itself with the use of an autonomous roller, fire powerful energy blasts from a turret that can be swiveled and targeted either independently or manually by Optimus, shoot missiles, do repairs on him or other Autobots and, depending on the version, combine with Optimus to make a super version that can fly and use all said weaponry while in flight
This time
This time