YesNoOk

What's the best Dark Souls game to start off with ? (Read 4325 times)

Started by PeXXeR, April 03, 2017, 07:19:39 am
Share this topic:
What's the best Dark Souls game to start off with ?
#1  April 03, 2017, 07:19:39 am
From all the screenshots you guys posted here and the videos I have watched, I just know the DS series is gonna be insane, so which one is the best to start with or the best all around I own 2 of them but never even activated the key, but now I really want to play them.
Re: What's the best Dark Souls game to start off with ?
#2  April 03, 2017, 07:37:24 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'd suggest the first, but then that's how I like to approach anything really.  Start from the beginning, learn how it evolved over time and appreciate its beginnings.  Especially anything with a story.  Which is why I will never probably play the Tales of series.  In this case however, I'd also suggest it as to get a better understanding of later references inside and out of Dark Souls, since that's the one that blew up and everyone got into.

Can't say how the online scene is anymore, though.  That's something you'll be partaking in whether you want to or not, due to how Dark Souls works you can choose to invade or not but you will also be invaded by other players due to some quests requiring items that you obtain by killing other players in their worlds and just generally ruining their good time.

Ok, it's not that bad, I think I only died like three times from unexpected invaders outside the forest, but it is memorably annoying when you're trying to get stuff done to be honest.

lui

#3  April 03, 2017, 07:42:00 am
    • USA
nioh

I personally enjoyed 3 the most
#4  April 03, 2017, 12:33:11 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Well it depends. If you want to get the whole package, essentially to see how the series evolved as a whole you should go from Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3. If that's a bit much just play the DS games in order. Or if you don't care about the story and the history of the series and just want to play and maybe get in to the online scene while it's still around, you can jump straight to the third game. Cause it's kind of a "best of collection" of stuff from all the other games.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:39:08 pm by Mechy
#5  April 03, 2017, 01:55:45 pm
Thanks for all the comments, I do own a ps3 so I can try the 1st game, the rest though imma play on PC. I love rich lore, so I decided to go in order, thanks.
#6  April 04, 2017, 11:59:18 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I recommend the 1st since in the 3rd you'll see a lot of references to the first game, and you won't get them if you haven't played it first.