YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1557013 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3.0.1 Final
#1181  December 31, 2017, 02:59:24 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
You can convert CLSN1 to CLSN2 and vice-versa, yes.
#1182  December 31, 2017, 04:48:00 am
  • MK: Devastation Team Member
  • Just a youngster. :D
    • Argentina
How I'm losing this? Amazing news!!!
And yes, I would love to see a visual stage editor, because many of us need that. ;D

This program for me, is excellent for chars imo and deserves to continue development. Good luck in next version, VirtuallTek.
For MK MUGEN fans!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1183  January 02, 2018, 03:56:39 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Can there be a way to export all sprites from the sff besides duplicate/linked sprites? That'd make CS or edits a lot simpler!
#1184  January 02, 2018, 04:00:31 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Can there be a way to export all sprites from the sff besides duplicate/linked sprites? That'd make CS or edits a lot simpler!
Have you not tried "Sprites > Export" then "All"?

My character's CS was very screwed up after I had already made hundreds of sprites.  I exported them all this way and was able to bring them back in easily.  Fixing the sprites was the tricky part.  I used the Actions window frequently in Photoshop to automate as much as possible.  For instance you can create an action to select pixels of an exact color, recolor those pixels, or just duplicate them to another layer and then select other pixels, etc.

Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:03:44 pm by altoiddealer
#1185  January 02, 2018, 04:30:54 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I know this is a big one but I figured I’d at least post it.

This would be really great if Fighter Factory had sprite editing set up similar to photoshop, where you could directly edit animations and have them already be indexed. So you could do all the work right there, start to finish.

Maybe something like that will come out eventually.

In photoshop you can edit and add sprites while viewing them animated. It would be amazing if Fighter Factory could too.
Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:34:04 pm by ink
#1186  January 02, 2018, 04:33:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That will export duplicate sprites as well. What if I want to update the CS? If I used this method I'd risk CSing sprites I've already CS'd when I come across their duplicates.
#1187  January 02, 2018, 05:02:04 pm
  • Old works Web Down here ¥
    • Puerto Rico
    • http://dragolink1.webs.com/
Great news!!! hopefully it can be opened with wineskin in mac
#1188  January 02, 2018, 05:20:22 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
That will export duplicate sprites as well. What if I want to update the CS? If I used this method I'd risk CSing sprites I've already CS'd when I come across their duplicates.
I never had duplicate sprites that had identical axis positions, but I did duplicate many sprites and reposition them.
I exported all  these.  I knew they were duplicates, and as such I duplicated the updated sprites into them, so I could import them right back where I had them, positioned appropriately.
When importing, FF3 detected all of these as duplicate sprites and asked if I wanted to merge them, even though they were placed in different locations on the canvas.

I don't know, but it seems like it would be weird logic for FF3 to have detected these as duplicate sprites when performing the export, then only export one of the sprites, then update the sprites that had different axis positions, and which may or may not be cropped.

#1189  January 02, 2018, 05:52:00 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Last time I tried to cs a char I exported all it exported every frame in the sff. Many frames when added back in are linked. So I'd find myself having to check and recheck if I was updating a duplicate. I simply would like this option to save myself some time. The current export all can stay as well.
#1190  January 03, 2018, 06:19:38 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
#1191  January 05, 2018, 07:26:31 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
IKEMEN is an up and coming part of the MUGEN community, and I know since it's highly edited that it strays away from MUGEN's coding quite a lot. So any hope of getting more support or compatability for IKEMEN in the future?
Yes. I heard about it recently, but in the new design, we can add support to any engine the community wants.

Hey I use FF for color separations and some improvements in the sprites editor would be great, like more keyboard shortcuts, better handling of the cursor, and magic wand if possible
OK. In the first release, the cursor will be the same but I will try to improve it later. About magic wand, easy to implement.

regarding color sep, in the image editor can ctrl+shift+arrow keys not be set to pg up/down keys?
and this has been asked before i think, but more than 5 remap pen steps would be gdlk
Shortcuts will be customizable. Currently, the limit of 5 is more a space issue than technical. I will try to expand it.

I know this is a big one but I figured I’d at least post it.

This would be really great if Fighter Factory had sprite editing set up similar to photoshop, where you could directly edit animations and have them already be indexed. So you could do all the work right there, start to finish.

Maybe something like that will come out eventually.

In photoshop you can edit and add sprites while viewing them animated. It would be amazing if Fighter Factory could too.
I did not understand your suggestion.

Last time I tried to cs a char I exported all it exported every frame in the sff. Many frames when added back in are linked. So I'd find myself having to check and recheck if I was updating a duplicate. I simply would like this option to save myself some time. The current export all can stay as well.
I will check it, but this function is designed to save only one copy of shared sprites. Maybe there's a little difference between them.

SND editor is almost ready. I'm working on the scripting system now to make some improvements in the interface preset. When I finish these things, just the syntax highlight, palfx, offset and throw editors will be missing.

Thanks!
#1192  January 05, 2018, 08:08:14 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
 ;D

Neat
#1193  January 09, 2018, 04:31:13 am
  • "The Future is Now"
Oh man I cant wait for a update to FF3!

I love this all in 1 tool.

#1194  January 09, 2018, 11:55:11 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
VirtuallTek thanks yet again for this awesome tool. I've been meaning to make a tutorial on how to use FF3. I think when this releases I'll end up doing the tutorial for it instead. Seeing everyone saying they've wasted a ton of time not knowing the tricks is kinda funny to me. I still come across stuff I didn't know FF3 could do. That's why I'm kinda confused as what Just No Point's color separation issue is. I _think_ I made a simple tutorial about using 2 characters to move sprites back and forth from to swap palettes.

Basically you wouldn't put the new CS'd sprites in the old SFF but make a new one and import the other groups. THAT would be a great option.
Sprites>Import from another project>
All
Group
Only these indexes
Exclude duplicated groups

Working on the Mortal Kombat ninjas I've redone their sprites a few times. It'd be nice to be able to import the FX that I didn't have. It's not terrible to do it by using group and figuring out I need groups 6000-8750 to add or whatever.

So, my suggestions would be
  • Make it so the character list in "Run in Mugen" shows 3 full lines. Just so we can read the names. If other people's resolution shows the 3 full rows, can you make it so it remembers the positioning?
    https://i.imgur.com/NLOYvje.png
  • The icons in the Sound section would be better if the Add sound was a + instead of a note, and the "Load a new" sound said "Replace the current" sound and was a Recycle symbol.  I messed up one of my sounds not thinking. I just read, Load a new sound and thought it meant to Add it.
  • In the image editor, I would LOVE it if we could have the same type of slide bar the palettes do. Where I can drag it and it switches images instantly. Using ctrl+arrow keys is good for going from ones not too far away. But when I'm frankenspriting and I need to steal something from sprite 200,1 and I'm on sprite 1500,10, I have to exit. and I get the pop up...
  • It'd be nice if the Exit pop up box in Image Editor only popped up if you've edited the sprite and havent saved it. When everything is saved and you want to exit, it's a tiny bit annoying. Nothing bad, but if it wasn't there I would like it better.
  • Animations>Edit the current animation as Text pop up box. If it could remember the size and location that'd be great. Having it pop up dead center stinks. I end up resizing it and move it to the right so I can see the current sprite. If that's not possible, I'd prefer it if it popped up on the right side. Maybe replacing the Thumbnails box.
  • Add Exclude duplicated groups to the Import from another Project box.

----
I can definitely see myself doing at least a one time deal on Patreon for you.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#1195  January 09, 2018, 08:44:29 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
VirtuallTek thanks yet again for this awesome tool. I've been meaning to make a tutorial on how to use FF3. I think when this releases I'll end up doing the tutorial for it instead. Seeing everyone saying they've wasted a ton of time not knowing the tricks is kinda funny to me. I still come across stuff I didn't know FF3 could do. That's why I'm kinda confused as what Just No Point's color separation issue is. I _think_ I made a simple tutorial about using 2 characters to move sprites back and forth from to swap palettes.

Basically you wouldn't put the new CS'd sprites in the old SFF but make a new one and import the other groups. THAT would be a great option.
Sprites>Import from another project>
All
Group
Only these indexes
Exclude duplicated groups

Working on the Mortal Kombat ninjas I've redone their sprites a few times. It'd be nice to be able to import the FX that I didn't have. It's not terrible to do it by using group and figuring out I need groups 6000-8750 to add or whatever.
Already done something similar (Check conflicts and ask to replace), but with your idea I can improve it more (Replace or ignore will do the trick).

Make it so the character list in "Run in Mugen" shows 3 full lines. Just so we can read the names. If other people's resolution shows the 3 full rows, can you make it so it remembers the positioning?
https://i.imgur.com/NLOYvje.png
OK.

The icons in the Sound section would be better if the Add sound was a + instead of a note, and the "Load a new" sound said "Replace the current" sound and was a Recycle symbol.  I messed up one of my sounds not thinking. I just read, Load a new sound and thought it meant to Add it.
I will check it. With many interface preset to make it look like previous versions, is lot of work. On Classic and Ultimate ones, I will keep everything close as possible from the original version. I recomend using the Neo preset, as it's a lot better and can be the only one in the first release maybe. FF3 files like configuration, syntax highlight, preset, iconset, colorset will be incompatible with the new version. So, I'm redoing all this stuff.

In the image editor, I would LOVE it if we could have the same type of slide bar the palettes do. Where I can drag it and it switches images instantly. Using ctrl+arrow keys is good for going from ones not too far away. But when I'm frankenspriting and I need to steal something from sprite 200,1 and I'm on sprite 1500,10, I have to exit. and I get the pop up...
The image editor now is inside the main window, as another mode of the sprites editor, so you can navigate between sprites and palettes and edit them directly.

It'd be nice if the Exit pop up box in Image Editor only popped up if you've edited the sprite and havent saved it. When everything is saved and you want to exit, it's a tiny bit annoying. Nothing bad, but if it wasn't there I would like it better.
This does not exists anymore :D

Animations>Edit the current animation as Text pop up box. If it could remember the size and location that'd be great. Having it pop up dead center stinks. I end up resizing it and move it to the right so I can see the current sprite. If that's not possible, I'd prefer it if it popped up on the right side. Maybe replacing the Thumbnails box.
OK.

Add Exclude duplicated groups to the Import from another Project box.
Same as above.

I can definitely see myself doing at least a one time deal on Patreon for you.
Thanks! I can work a lot more on FF if people contribute to the project, so we can support more engines and make amazing new features.

The current development state is: 80% done. Missing only scripting system, vars in states editor, finish the syntax highlighter and some things on the interface management.

Thanks people!
#1196  January 09, 2018, 08:59:29 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Something that just popped back in mind, an option
to create my own template, like winane's temp that's included
In FF3 but giving me the option to create my own and save the
files as a template I can open up for creating new chars so I don't
Have to copy paste code from older chars.
#1197  January 09, 2018, 10:20:46 pm
it would be so cool if i could copy a group pf sprites and place them into another sff it saves time when getting sprites from other characters and make your own versions or anything else to make things a bit easy
#1198  January 09, 2018, 10:28:21 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
also would be nice to make Fighter Factory 3.0 can just drag and drop the sprites every time we index are images and just drag and drop the sprite to FF3.0 Instead of loading the sprite files, its sure would save us a lot times
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#1199  January 09, 2018, 10:50:48 pm
it would be so cool if i could copy a group pf sprites and place them into another sff it saves time when getting sprites from other characters and make your own versions or anything else to make things a bit easy

Import from another project -> choose the character you want to take sprites from.
#1200  January 09, 2018, 10:52:09 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com

this is already possible since ages. I've suggested this years ago...