YesNoOk

Zenith - SHADEs 3 Updated Release by SeanAltly & Kamekaze (Read 3604 times)

Started by Sean Altly, November 29, 2018, 08:40:36 am
Share this topic:
Zenith - SHADEs 3 Updated Release by SeanAltly & Kamekaze
#1  November 29, 2018, 08:40:36 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Zenith - SHADEs 3 Version
by SeanAltly & Kamekaze
Voice by Jared J. Lee

This version has updated, more detailed sprites, a few new animations, and an overhauled gameplay system for SHADEs 3

More screenshots in the spoiler:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download HERE (updated 11/29)

Enjoy!

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:33:55 pm by Sean Altly
Re: Zenith - SHADEs 3 Updated Release by SeanAltly & Kamekaze
#2  November 29, 2018, 10:00:15 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
When I saw you come back to the MugenGuild forums, I was excited to see you back after all these years. After doing some testing on the character, I honestly feel like I must say this. Seeing Castle and this character, this is not like you to release something this unfinished. Here's my feedback on why do I feel this way on the character (Which some of them also applies to Castle):

-All basic attacks have no swing sounds.
-Hit and block sounds are from the default fightfx instead of the old ones (Not all screenpacks would sound better with default hit sounds. Don't know why would Kamekaze say that).
-There's no jumping, landing or running sounds.
-Makibishi still has the old guard sounds.
-The guard breaker feels unbalanced (I don't like the idea of this attack. Since it uses no power, it can be abused and the opponent has no way to protect themselves if they're close since they can't guard from it. Just continue spamming z and it's an easy win).
-The damage for Doku Sasori Shippou and Chuu Kiri Musha feels weak (It doesn't do enough for how much of the meter they use).
-The old readme is still inside the character folder (I almost looked at the wrong one and was about to post that half the moves were missing, but turns out the new readme is in the zip file, but outside the character folder).

I did remember Kamekaze said that people should use their screenpack's stuff for your character, but I never recall swing sounds part of the screenpack (I don't think it ever was). Overall, I feel disappointed with this character alongside Castle.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#3  November 29, 2018, 10:47:43 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
When I saw you come back to the MugenGuild forums, I was excited to see you back after all these years. After doing some testing on the character, I honestly feel like I must say this. Seeing Castle and this character, this is not like you to release something this unfinished. Here's my feedback on why do I feel this way on the character (Which some of them also applies to Castle):

-All basic attacks have no swing sounds.
-Hit and block sounds are from the default fightfx instead of the old ones (Not all screenpacks would sound better with default hit sounds. Don't know why would Kamekaze say that).
-There's no jumping, landing or running sounds.
-Makibishi still has the old guard sounds.
-The guard breaker feels unbalanced (I don't like the idea of this attack. Since it uses no power, it can be abused and the opponent has no way to protect themselves if they're close since they can't guard from it. Just continue spamming z and it's an easy win).
-The damage for Doku Sasori Shippou and Chuu Kiri Musha feels weak (It doesn't do enough for how much of the meter they use).
-The old readme is still inside the character folder (I almost looked at the wrong one and was about to post that half the moves were missing, but turns out the new readme is in the zip file, but outside the character folder).

I did remember Kamekaze said that people should use their screenpack's stuff for your character, but I never recall swing sounds part of the screenpack (I don't think it ever was). Overall, I feel disappointed with this character alongside Castle.

-To add to the feedback, His jumping HK does not work at all.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#4  November 29, 2018, 05:32:38 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Looks like it was a simple case of FF not saving changes so the wrong version was put up, Kamekaze is working on it now and I'll have an update posted later

Download Last Bout now!
#5  November 29, 2018, 05:38:10 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Let me start with, Fighter factory apparently saved nothing I did before I send it to sean so that's fun to know. That being said I'll address the not bugs

-The guard breaker comes out so slowly(36f to be exact) that you can easily avoid it by jumping usually. That or if a character has a roll/invul attack it easily beats it. Even if done on your wake up any i frame move or roll will beat it clean
-the first one is also a bug. As for the lvl 2, it does roughly 300-315 which is on the lower end of lvl2s in the full game but still consistent.

That being said the bug fixed versions of both will be out later on today. My apologies for the mishap

Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:59:33 pm by Kamekaze
#6  November 29, 2018, 07:34:21 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Okay guys, the link in the first post has been updated!

Download Last Bout now!
#7  December 01, 2018, 08:05:26 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Wow, I'm impressed. He is even better than before!
Now, Zenith will be more used for sure in my book. The concept was nice, but this update really showed what the character was capable of, same with the creator, who keeps on impressing me! Awesome work Sean, this is pretty epic!  A much needed update.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.