YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1557188 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 4 + Linux)
#81  December 19, 2011, 06:53:17 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Leon, I think you aren't getting the whole thing....
Maybe my english sucks so I will ask to a native english speaker to explain it to you.

Man, you just don't understand that not everuyone use SFF#2 even with MUGEN 1.0.
I think utilite should be backward compatible.

Indeed. But WHERE you see that FF3 isn't backward compatible?  --;

I don't care about this message anyways, because I'm creating stages.
If you don't care about, why bother with that feedback? I don't get it.
Plus, as I said, I've released many stages using FF3 and I never get that message. If you get it, you are doing something wrong.

You probably didn't know that MUGEN 1.0 has compatibility with SFF#1.'(
Are you serious?  ;P

Not agree, because I still don't want to use SFF#2.

But you don't needed too. And, AGAIN, you aren't getting it right.
The need for grouping sprites based on its palettes ISN'T SOMETHING FROM SFFv2, its from SFFv1
It were added on Winmugen. For God sake.

we need to focus on the newer versions
And they even more bugged in my opinion.

This is your opinion.

Sorry to be rude, but please, at least try to inform yourself about the tool (and the mugen) before report something which you don't know about it.

#82  December 19, 2011, 07:04:06 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
The primary format used by Fighter Factory 3 is SFF v2, but you can save a SFF v1 with some automatic adjustments, except the sprite order (in previous Betas this was done automatically by FF3, but  changed to give more control to the user as requested).

In SFF v2, all palettes are inside the SFF, and you don't need to follow a certain order to make sure that all sprites will receive the right palette.
1) What occurs when you want to save a SFF v1 and this order doesn't match?
Answer: the first window you posted. In SFF v1 if an image uses the same palette as the previous, the "shared" options is enabled.

2) If all palettes are inside the SFF, we have no reference to external .act files, then how I can save the character .act palettes?
Answer: One by one, manually or automatically by choosing Yes in the second window you posted.
And, you're wrong, this windows is only necessary on SFF v1, that depends on external palettes. The only thing I need to do is to enable it only for chars.

3) If all palettes are inside the SFF, and the sprite palette is defined by an index to one of the internal palettes, we need an "shared" option to use the same palette in more than one sprite?
Answer: No, you just need to use one of the "Apply palette to" functions in the Sprite's palette editor on the right.

I hope this answer any question about it  ;)

EDIT: But you are right in one thing, these windows doesn't need to be shown when making stages.
Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:11:17 pm by VirtuallTek
#83  December 19, 2011, 07:11:00 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Something else I noticed:

Attempting to use the HitDefAttr trigger in the CMD or CNS and typing in value = SCA will cause the program to freeze up. I'm fairly certain that using more than two letters for the first parameter of the trigger is incorrect syntax but it shouldn't make the entire program malfunction this way.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#84  December 19, 2011, 07:18:09 pm
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
@_Josue_:

About the animation, the error is the end of the specified line, not the end of the animation.
About the Intro, is very uncommon to have it inside the DEF of the char. FF3 detects if the def is a stage, intro, char, ... and the detection of intro is before char. Then you know what happened here. I will try to detect both char and intro at the same time and load them as separate projects.
Do you can send me one of your chars?

Thanks!

You're welcome!
Well let's see, I just copied that line, I don't see what's wrong with it.
Neither MUGEN 1.0 nor FF classic seem to complain about it , only FF 3.0
About the chars, they're are available at my site (link in my signature) so you can download them and try them.
#85  December 19, 2011, 07:35:04 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
@Zero-Sennin: Do you can send me a case that it occurs? I tried to reproduce without success.

@_Josue_: OK, I will test one of your chars, thanks!
#86  December 19, 2011, 07:47:45 pm
  • "Ciel! India."
Very nice!  This will make my life 10 times easier, I thank you.

Quick question:  The OP says something about a compression/filtering option - does this actually filter the sprites to simulate "HD", like the 2QX and such?  Does this only appear in Fighter Factory, or does it actually save it to the SFF for MUGEN as well?  And finally, how do I go about doing this?

oh also, not really a bug, but:

In the "Options" window (namely the Interface tab), hitting the apply button closes the window; kind of defeats the purpose of having an "OK" button, huh?  :P  Make it so that the Apply button will, well, apply the effects without closing the window.
Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:56:21 pm by Mugen_Overlord
#87  December 19, 2011, 09:35:39 pm
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
@Zero-Sennin: Do you can send me a case that it occurs? I tried to reproduce without success.

@_Josue_: OK, I will test one of your chars, thanks!

You're welcome... oh, by the way, just tried to open KFM720 and got not one but five similar errors!!!

they say...

kfm720.air(963): Unexpected token 'Clns2'
kfm720.air(1567): Unexpected token 'Clns2'
kfm720.air(1568): Unexpected token 'Clns2'
kfm720.air(1574): Unexpected token 'Clns2'
kfm720.air(1575): Unexpected token 'Clns2'

Whaaat?  :???:

of course, everything seems to work normally afterwards...
hmm, strange sprite ordering... did Elecbyte made it that way?
Sprites 9000,0 and 9000,1 at first as usual, then sprites from group 0 to 122, everything seems fine till here...
from here it seems Elecbyte began with the get hit sprites since all I get is the 5000 group series, and only afterwards we have the rest of the moves... strange.

The "text mode" option at the animations menu doesn't seem to do anything...
the "Edit current animation as text" is a nice option to have there, but I can't check the mentioned lines because I can't seem to find the whole file in text mode.

And another question... considering my works are still SFFv1... just saving them with FF3.0 will make them SFFv2?
#88  December 19, 2011, 09:42:05 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Quick question:  The OP says something about a compression/filtering option - does this actually filter the sprites to simulate "HD", like the 2QX and such?  Does this only appear in Fighter Factory, or does it actually save it to the SFF for MUGEN as well?  And finally, how do I go about doing this?

no. Its the compression of the SFF (for SFFv2)

And another question... considering my works are still SFFv1... just saving them with FF3.0 will make them SFFv2?
Only if you save it that way. I can't remember it right, but I am almost sure about it. And you need to set the palettes.
#89  December 19, 2011, 10:27:41 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Very nice!  This will make my life 10 times easier, I thank you.

oh also, not really a bug, but:

In the "Options" window (namely the Interface tab), hitting the apply button closes the window; kind of defeats the purpose of having an "OK" button, huh?  :P  Make it so that the Apply button will, well, apply the effects without closing the window.
No, the filtering means cache stream filtering. Is a technique to improve performance and reduce the memory usage by filtering the source data before compression/store in the cache.
But if you look at the image editor you will note that FF3 supports HQ and EPX scaling filters. In the future you will be able apply it to all sprites using Lua.

About the Apply, yes, it closes the window.

You're welcome... oh, by the way, just tried to open KFM720 and got not one but five similar errors!!!
Look at the specified lines and you will see that Elecbyte defined the Clsn in a wrong form. Mugen ignores, but is a syntax error anyway.

The "text mode" option at the animations menu doesn't seem to do anything...
the "Edit current animation as text" is a nice option to have there, but I can't check the mentioned lines because I can't seem to find the whole file in text mode.
I said tons of times that the full text editor is disabled for now, read the Dev topic in the projects section.  ;)

No, you may specify the version to be saved clicking in the version on the statusbar or with save as.

Thanks!

EDIT: New update on the first post.
Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:29:52 pm by VirtuallTek
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 5 + Linux)
#90  December 20, 2011, 01:13:20 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
This is a nice piece of work!

But, do I need ALL of the updates, or just the latest one?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#91  December 20, 2011, 01:30:12 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
No, you need the first version (full version) and the last update. Previous updates are optional but some contains additional files. You decides.
#92  December 20, 2011, 08:52:42 pm
  • I've finally got a yellow star!
    • UK
    • txpotstuff.wordpress.com/
Feedback on Fighter Factory 3:

1. When clicking the "X" near the "Project #" while there is only one tab, it instantly goes to the next project number instead of closing that tab. It gives the illusion of a project not closing properly. It should close entirely with a blank screen, including the removal of the tab, like in Ultimate.

Pic:

2. In the .cns of a character, the "Edit Selected" on the right does not have an icon if the Preset is set to "Classic" or "Ultimate" (in the "Interface" tab of the options window).

Pic:

3. Also, out of all the states, "Trans" is missing from the right pane.

Pic:

4. On the left pane while viewing language victory quotes, some of the quotes are displayed as an actual statedef, complete with the icon which tells you whether you're standing, crouching, or in the air. This also happens in the command file on left pane.

Pic:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

5. When looping a sound from the .snd file, it pauses for a few miliseconds and then loops again. It gives the illusion that the sound has a gap within it, when it doesn't. Also, it doesn't stop looping if you press the stop button during the sound until it reaches the end of the sound. It should stop the sound entirely.

6. A crash can be achieved with the following actions:

i. Open any character.
ii. Go to the character's states or .cns
iii. Click on States > View Variable Usage List.
iiii. Click on any variable on the left pane (even the Integer/Float text itself).

iiiii. Click on States > View Variable Usage List again.

This is all from a quick-and-eager test from update pack 5.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 6 [full])
#93  December 20, 2011, 11:25:14 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
New full version in the first post, with more bug fixes and all updates included.

Then, answers to the illusion-man  :P

1. When clicking the "X" near the "Project #" while there is only one tab, it instantly goes to the next project number instead of closing that tab. It gives the illusion of a project not closing properly. It should close entirely with a blank screen, including the removal of the tab, like in Ultimate.
Do you can have no tab on Firefox? No document on Word? This is totally useless.

5. When looping a sound from the .snd file, it pauses for a few miliseconds and then loops again. It gives the illusion that the sound has a gap within it, when it doesn't. Also, it doesn't stop looping if you press the stop button during the sound until it reaches the end of the sound. It should stop the sound entirely.
I can't fix third party code. The sound reproduction is done by the Qt library. In some future version I will change to add more things.

All other things are fixed now.

Thanks for the nice and detailed feedback!
#94  December 21, 2011, 02:07:51 am
There is even a Linux Version?  :o :o :o
I love U!
#95  December 21, 2011, 03:16:15 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/gabe687?feature=mhum
Hey, looks like I found another problem.  I'm testing my character with mugen, launched from FF3 version 3.0.740

I can update the character with ctrl+F4, and the changes seem to take place "some times", and the Dbug info doesn't update.

I use the same folder for the basic files of all my characters.  I have this code in a basics .cns which is in  this general folder. 

I want to see if my character is reading the variables correctly.  When I change the  information in this Sctrl, it doesn't update in mugen if launched through FF3.

[State -3, DisplayToClipboard]
type = DisplayToClipboard
trigger1 =1
text = "var(9) = %d,var(38) = %d"
params =  var(9),var (38)

For example, if I change
params =  var(9),var (38)
to
params =  var(10),var (26)

After saving and pressing Ctrl+F4 in mugen, the Dbug still says "var(9),var (38)"

Maybe it's not reading the info from the Basics folder?
;---------------------------------------------------------

This is how I have my files set up if it matters.

Mugen \ Chars \ My chars\  Contents of this folder are as follows...

Basics folder = all my characters general use codes.

Character 1 folder = specific files for this character.
Character 2 folder = specific files for this character.
Character 3 folder = specific files for this character.

.def for character 1
.def for character 2
.def for character 3

;----------------------------------------------

Another thing is minor, but the search doesn't search if I press the Enter key.
#96  December 21, 2011, 06:53:19 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
shift+f4 is the reload. ctrl+f4 is the same as pressing f4 on its own.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#97  December 21, 2011, 07:19:43 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/gabe687?feature=mhum
sorry yeah Shift+F4, I do it without thinking...

I checked again to make sure, shift+F4 and same thing happens, the Dbug doesn't update.
#98  December 21, 2011, 11:22:25 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
What happens if you cycle through it again?

Exporting sprites is not conducive to quick editing rather sadly. You've gone very long form here, the old one was more condensed.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#99  December 21, 2011, 01:26:56 pm
big congratulations to all involved project. Ramon a hug
#100  December 21, 2011, 03:16:07 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
@Bleed: Fighter Factory 3 doesn't edit temporary files. If you modify a char and save, the original file will be saved, not the temporary. To do it you need to edit the char in the Mugen folder and launch Mugen manually.
About the search, you need to pass the focus to the next control with Tab. To hit the focused button use Space, not Enter.

big congratulations to all involved project. Ramon a hug
Wow, one of the Fighter Factory founders. Nice to see you back. Thanks!