YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1556916 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/17/12)
#421  March 18, 2012, 01:38:41 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
thx for the update !  ;D
but the img is 32 bits not using palettes  :o
Yes, then read the fourth fix I made in this update.  ;)

for the Windows PCX Thumbnail, the thumbnails of large files are black but it shows up fine in the preview
OK, I will check.

I forgot some answers:

you might want to refine the way to introduce new sprites into the sff file:
let's say i have 27 sprites im going to introduce into the sff file, as one group (example: group 2305), if i insert them the way they are, sprites 10-19 will be inserted after sprite no. 1 and sprites 20 -27 will be inserted after sprite no. 2
Just insert 10-19 at a time, and 20-27 later. No need to add more useless functions and complexity.

Im having problems downloading it :/
it keeps telling me unexpected end of archive..
Can anybody help me out with that?
Try to redownload or use Internet Explorer (yes, it works  ;D).
#422  March 18, 2012, 01:39:28 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Sff for 1.0 doesn't work with 32bit. Sff for 1.1 will work with 32bit. Mugen currently does not work with 32bit images.

Are you making a 1.1 sff file? If not, you have to use indexed sprites.

Even if this is not the cause of your problem things are going to look wrong or not show up in game.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#423  March 18, 2012, 01:56:21 am
    • USA
I'm not sure if this is a useless function but if you try to edit a sprite via fighter factory's image editor and try to insert a palette, instead of offering how to apply it (reversed or not) it instantly applies and...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It's POT's Shin Gouki: http://mugenguild.com/pots/

Palette => Open => "GoukiCvSGrey" palette
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:00:19 am by Froz
#424  March 18, 2012, 02:12:20 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
FF will ask if you want to adapt the palette to the image or not, then choose No.
Looking at the palette and the colors I'm sure you chose Yes.
#425  March 18, 2012, 02:27:12 am
    • USA
:omg: your right... sorry about that
#426  March 18, 2012, 04:12:36 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Palette management seems to have gone funny in this release. Previous sprites i had added with the equivalent of "Unshared" no longer seem to know what their palette is meant to be and are just picking the last one in sequence. I have corrected it by applying the palettes again using the inbuilt function.

In addition, if you add NEW sprites, they do not autochange to the right palette. They have it, but the program doesn't swap to it automatically like it did in the last version.

While trying to use the function to apply to a group it was also failing.

Choosing group meant all of them. Setting start and end was having no effect. Had to do current for a specific set.

This is most likely only a problem for sff's built prior to this release but the "swap to the added palette" function probably needs to come back.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#427  March 18, 2012, 04:35:52 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I noticed something similar, but only affects the preview.
If possible, send me one of these SFFs that a sprite points to the wrong palette to test.

EDIT: Fixed the problem with the preview ("swap to the palette"). New update in the first post.
But all sprites of all SFFs that I tested show up with the right palette. I see no SFF with the problem you reported.
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:14:31 am by VirtuallTek
#428  March 18, 2012, 05:27:19 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Can't now cos i fixed it. It may have been something going funny in my last save prior to updating. I had imported some sprites but on the second load today they were gone.

I potentially made it worse by trying to correct the problem i was having if it was the preview that was busted =P

#429  March 18, 2012, 05:45:42 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
It fucks up something with regards to linked sprites. Totally fucking RUINED my SFF. God. Dammit.

EDIT: Shit it's not even today's update... I don't remember which I have. 10th?
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:25:02 am by Jesuszilla
#430  March 18, 2012, 09:58:31 am
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
Forgot if I posted this, but I can't get the 7 PCX thumbnails thing to work on a 64-bit system. It registers pcxthumb32.dll just fine, but says theres an error with pcxthumb64.dll. I'm more than positive these files are in the right location.
#431  March 18, 2012, 01:54:32 pm
    • Thailand
I'm not sure if it's the encoding or not, but the tab button functionality isn't standard.

It seems that if the cursor is after a point on any line, the tab button automatically jumps to a specific column. I was expecting fixed behavior.

This is an annoying problem when one is trying to make their code more readable. =p

Any way for ANSI encoding? I don't know what that is, but it's what Notepad++ uses and I'm used to coding in java and stuff in it. =p

Crashes when sifting through the animations in the animation list.

When I used the latest version, I got this error after a reload from the crash of the animation bug:

It's not our fault, it's the program's fault.  The bug doesn't go away because the .sff is literally ruined and literally does have bugs because the program put them there.

If I hold enter and click through the errors, I can get to using the program, but it doesn't load anything besides the animation, the def, and the ruined sff.

Also, ruined a couple of sprites in my .sff. I need to remember to start backing these things up. Rogue is canceled. It fucked my .sff up. Linking sprites and stuff. I don't even know how to explain it. :freak:

Reminder for people to only test programs with Kung Fu Man. Any other character and you're risking your work. Either that or just back stuff up.
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:54:25 pm by Seincat
#432  March 18, 2012, 03:03:26 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
It fucks up something with regards to linked sprites. Totally fucking RUINED my SFF. God. Dammit.

EDIT: Shit it's not even today's update... I don't remember which I have. 10th?
Send me the file.

Forgot if I posted this, but I can't get the 7 PCX thumbnails thing to work on a 64-bit system. It registers pcxthumb32.dll just fine, but says theres an error with pcxthumb64.dll. I'm more than positive these files are in the right location.
What is the error?

I'm not sure if it's the encoding or not, but the tab button functionality isn't standard.

It seems that if the cursor is after a point on any line, the tab button automatically jumps to a specific column. I was expecting fixed behavior.

This is an annoying problem when one is trying to make their code more readable. =p

Any way for ANSI encoding? I don't know what that is, but it's what Notepad++ uses and I'm used to coding in java and stuff in it. =p
Some problems appeared after I updated to Qt 4.8.0 that seems to be very buggy. Probably I will switch back to 4.7.4.

Steps to reproduce please.

When I used the latest version, I got this error after a reload from the crash of the animation bug:

It's not our fault, it's the program's fault.  The bug doesn't go away because the .sff is literally ruined and literally does have bugs because the program put them there.

If I hold enter and click through the errors, I can get to using the program, but it doesn't load anything besides the animation, the def, and the ruined sff.

Also, ruined a couple of sprites in my .sff. I need to remember to start backing these things up. Rogue is canceled. It fucked my .sff up. Linking sprites and stuff. I don't even know how to explain it. :freak:

Reminder for people to only test programs with Kung Fu Man. Any other character and you're risking your work. Either that or just back stuff up.
Stop crying and send me the file.

Please, when posting a bug, try to provide more information as possible. "Ah, my SFF is ruined!!": I can't do anything, I'm not psychic.

EDIT: Anyone with SFF corruption used undo/redo in the Sprites editor?
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:08:29 pm by VirtuallTek
#433  March 18, 2012, 03:19:45 pm
    • Thailand
Steps to reproduce please.
Sift through the animations in the animation list of the animation interface. O_O

Stop crying and send me the file.
I wasn't crying, I was reporting the bug. I thought I'd post about the issue because I read your previous post to -True- and you thought it was his problem. I don't have the file anymore, I replaced it with a back up.

Please, when posting a bug, try to provide more information as possible. "Ah, my SFF is ruined!!": I can't do anything, I'm not psychic.

EDIT: Anyone with SFF corruption used undo/redo in the Sprites editor?
We can't go back because it only happens when the program crashes and we have to restart it. I provided all of the information I had, I don't know what else you want me to say. It simply ruined the .sff. =p
#434  March 18, 2012, 03:25:43 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
OK, no problem. I'm trying to find something wrong.

About the AIR bug, you mean that it crashed when changing between animations? If is it can be related to the SFF issue. The SSF's problems is with palettes, not linked sprites as people are thinking.
If it occurs a next time, send me the file, we have a big chance that I can recover it.

Thanks!
#435  March 18, 2012, 03:34:48 pm
    • Thailand
In my case, the animation crash happened first. I was going through the animations (the area right below where it says "animations"), and it crashed after a few clicks.

Then I restarted the program, reloaded the character, and got an error that looked like the image -True- posted.

The error looked like this: www.justnopoint.com/lithues/shots/ff3error.png

I held enter until all of the errors were displayed, then when I was allowed into the program, I saw that the .sff had sprites linked everywhere, palettes were weird, etc.

When I use replace all in the state editor, the name of the state in its corresponding tab disappears. So if I was in the tab" fighter.cns," and then I replaced all E's with A's, the text "fighter.cns" would disappear, but the tab and stuff would function as it normally would.
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:50:09 pm by Seincat
#436  March 18, 2012, 04:04:35 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Found the problem. New update in 3, 2, 1, .....  ;D

EDIT: New update in the first post.

More info about the problem

If you saved a SFF v2.x in the Update 6, all 5bit images (32 color palettes) are targeted to a nil palette. Don't worry, the SFF isn't corrupted. In the Update 7 you can fix the problem by re-applying the palette in these sprites.

Important!!!

People, please, be less impulsive. I'm sorry if I post stupid answers, but just for stupid questions. If you found a problem:
  • Post "your" problem. Don't try to connect with another bug report that seems similar or anything you "think" that is the same thing.
  • Post what you made prior to the bug. Seems stupid, but this way I can fix it in a few minutes.
  • Don't overwrite files that you think corrupted, because in many cases the file is recoverable after the fix. I'm more your friend than God :P, and you will save hours of work to remade a thing that isn't fully broken.
  • Pay attention to any message the program displays. Many of the "bugs" I've seen here begins with user mistakes.
  • Don't start to say "Ah, the program ruined my work. I recommend to everyone stop using this". You can ruin the program, not your work, because most people will start to think the same thing, and a hard work of more than one year go to the ***. As in the case above that a problem has been fixed in a few hours turned into a scandal unnecessarily in one exalted post.

To be clear, I'm not trying to blame the users, just avoiding future mistakes. And this isn't to someone in particular (like Rajaa, I already talked with him by PM, and he is a very nice guy that I have great respect and appreciation for the great help in the first betas).
The program is quite stable (except the update 6), the chance of loosing your work is low, the chance of recover a "lost" work is high. Because of it the first Betas were private, to avoid scandals and limit the "extent" of a data loss to just a few users. Thanks this mainly to Jesuszilla and O Ilusionista, that lost a bunch of files and hours of work in earlier Betas.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:28:46 pm by VirtuallTek
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/18/12)
#437  March 18, 2012, 07:14:33 pm
  • Enigma
the FF not detect parameters of 1.1,ff counts as syntax error  :o

Como Hacia Hitler Mijo
#438  March 18, 2012, 08:03:02 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I don't understand the surprise, I stopped to work with Mugen 1.1 because Elecbyte doesn't seems to release it soon (read the FF topic in the projects sections and you will find it).
Only a small group of people has this version, then I'm focused on bugs and other features for the current public versions.
Posts about Mugen 1.1 will be ignored unless it's a serious bug.
#439  March 18, 2012, 08:09:36 pm
  • Enigma
I don't understand the surprise, I stopped to work with Mugen 1.1 because Elecbyte doesn't seems to release it soon (read the FF topic in the projects sections and you will find it).
Only a small group of people has this version, then I'm focused on bugs and other features for the current public versions.
Posts about Mugen 1.1 will be ignored unless it's a serious bug.
I imagine,
but it would be more comfortable for those who use 1.1
but as it is not serious : P

Como Hacia Hitler Mijo
#440  March 18, 2012, 08:42:23 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Aside from the SFF manipulation, no not really. 1.1 is unreleased. If you have it or not you shouldn't be releasing anything for it yet. If the program designed for 1.0 gives you syntax problems for an unreleased version i disagree completely with VT updating to fix them.