YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1562647 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/21/12)
#481  March 23, 2012, 09:50:13 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
That thumbnail viewer is for Windows 7 and Vista only, right?

Anyways, open the image editor, rotate something by 90.00 with "Nearest Neighbor" selected, press okay. Hold down ctrl and press z.
I'm sure it's if you undo anything, but that's exactly what I did.

I didn't download the latest update yet, so you might of already fixed it, but...
About that earlier bug I posted about, the tiny clsn. In case you didn't get the error, choose a clsn (I'm always using the blue when it happens), click to draw one, but just move the mouse by as little as possible, making the smallest clsn you can. And crash.
I just did it now, but for some reason it took a LOT longer than usual. I had to click around like crazy making a bajillion clsns.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:53:44 pm by Noctis
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/21/12)
#482  March 23, 2012, 10:07:41 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Don't worry about this but just letting you know.

Update 5 broke my sff. I fixed it and saved. Now i've moved onto update 7. My sff was reclassed as broken. To fix i imported to another sff file. (export gave me all black sprites when imported) i then had to remove and recreate the second palette. I also had to reapply palette 1,1 to a variety of sprites, mostly duplicates in the required which had picked up palette 1,2 for some reason (probably update 5's fault)

It's all working now but for anyone else who may have had a broken sff file from update 5, the above will resolve it.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/23/12)
#483  March 23, 2012, 11:03:11 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
PCX viewer, HUGE improvement! For the majority, it's great, but there are still some issues here and there:
Some programs creates a non-standard PCX file. Then I'm using some tricks to decode it properly. If you have an image with problems, send it to me.

Yeah, the thumbnails sometimes appear in black for me, for an unknown reason.
Install the version 3, you are using an older version.

Anyways, open the image editor, rotate something by 90.00 with "Nearest Neighbor" selected, press okay. Hold down ctrl and press z.

I didn't download the latest update yet, so you might of already fixed it, but...
About that earlier bug I posted about, the tiny clsn. In case you didn't get the error, choose a clsn (I'm always using the blue when it happens), click to draw one, but just move the mouse by as little as possible, making the smallest clsn you can. And crash.
I just did it now, but for some reason it took a LOT longer than usual. I had to click around like crazy making a bajillion clsns.
1) Yes
2)  :???:
3) Fixed now.

Update 5 broke my sff. I fixed it and saved. Now i've moved onto update 7. My sff was reclassed as broken. To fix i imported to another sff file. (export gave me all black sprites when imported) i then had to remove and recreate the second palette. I also had to reapply palette 1,1 to a variety of sprites, mostly duplicates in the required which had picked up palette 1,2 for some reason (probably update 5's fault)

It's all working now but for anyone else who may have had a broken sff file from update 5, the above will resolve it.
Yeah, any SFF broke in the update 5-6 can be recovered in the update 7+. You just need to reapply some palettes.

Update 10
- Fixed all known crashes.
- Changed the file menu of the Image editor to be more intuitive.

Thanks!
#484  March 24, 2012, 03:45:34 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Update 10
- Fixed all known crashes.
- Changed the file menu of the Image editor to be more intuitive.

Thanks!
Yes!!!!!!!!! Updating NAO!!!

Good to take into account, I had a similar issue, but very llitle (just some sprites not palletized correctly, just reaplied pallete and everything goes fine...

I must say that the way I can handle and create palletes in this version of FF is just GORGEUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#485  March 24, 2012, 03:52:14 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I got about a hundred or so "palette not linked to sprite" errors on open. Fixing took a little more effort as the sff file is almost complete.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#486  March 24, 2012, 07:00:12 am
    • Thailand
- I still get the replace all error. When I try to use replace all, the name of the state's file turns blank. I can click another state and then click back on the state I used replace all on, and its name will return, but if I try to save the file and reload the character, anything that was done by the replace all is not saved.

- Also, in the state editor, the inner states of statedefs are still shown automatically in the left panel. The statedef jumping works, but it's rather annoying when one just wants to jump around the statedefs and not the inner states. Everything is always moving, it's too inconsistent. I suggest just making the inner states only visible with a double click or something. Perhaps just set an option to toggle between the two behaviors.
#487  March 24, 2012, 07:54:09 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/

1) Yes
2)  :???:
3) Fixed now.ecreate the second palette. I also had to reapply palette 1,1 to a variety of sprites, mostly duplicates in the required which had picked up palette 1,2 for some reason (probably update 5's fault)

Sorry. I thought I said that it crashes FF... Actually, I'm almost positive I did. Wtf?
Anyways, rotate an image, undo it with ctrl+z and it should crash.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

#488  March 24, 2012, 01:29:11 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
- I still get the replace all error. When I try to use replace all, the name of the state's file turns blank. I can click another state and then click back on the state I used replace all on, and its name will return, but if I try to save the file and reload the character, anything that was done by the replace all is not saved.
OK, fixed now. (I probably undo the fix in the last broken updates  ;))

- Also, in the state editor, the inner states of statedefs are still shown automatically in the left panel. The statedef jumping works, but it's rather annoying when one just wants to jump around the statedefs and not the inner states. Everything is always moving, it's too inconsistent. I suggest just making the inner states only visible with a double click or something. Perhaps just set an option to toggle between the two behaviors.
Go to Options -> Text and disable the Current line navigation.

Sorry. I thought I said that it crashes FF... Actually, I'm almost positive I did. Wtf?
What version are you using? I tested on four different computers (with different systems as well) and no problem. It occurs with all images or a specific one?

Thanks!
#489  March 24, 2012, 01:54:29 pm
    • Thailand
Whoops, I didn't know what option was. =p

- Another annoyance, not a necessarily a bug: When I switch between characters, the position of the state file that I was viewing for every specific character is not remembered, it resets back to the first loaded state file. So, If I'm like comparing states or copy-pasting something, it's inconvenient because I have to keep re-navigating.

- Let us paste into the calculator, and show us the equation as we make it!
- Any chance for a radian/dergee converter/mode?
Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:02:39 pm by Seincat
#490  March 24, 2012, 02:16:49 pm
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
- Another annoyance, not a necessarily a bug: When I switch between characters, the position of the state file that I was viewing for every specific character is not remembered, it resets back to the first loaded state file. So, If I'm like comparing states or copy-pasting something, it's inconvenient because I have to keep re-navigating.

This was annoying me a lot too, namely when editing sprites or animations, if i switched characters it would go back to the first image/animation.

...now I can't honestly remember what I was doing with it, but I would like to see a memorization get implemented.
#491  March 24, 2012, 06:09:57 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
What version are you using? I tested on four different computers (with different systems as well) and no problem. It occurs with all images or a specific one?

Thanks!

I can't get it to crash anymore. I'll just assume it was my fault and be careful next time. If it happens again, I'll try to be more specific about what I did.

#492  March 26, 2012, 08:49:21 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Is it possible to make the collision boxes semi-transparent?
This way when the two types are stacked identically the colors change to let you know both types are present. 
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#493  March 26, 2012, 09:42:01 am
    • Thailand
Great idea, Odb, but I hope you're not going by that infinite priority stuff! ;P
#494  March 26, 2012, 10:41:26 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I was just saying for projectiles/helpers mainly. I'm not sure what you mean by infinite priority.. still kinda new to coding.

Another idea I just had is adding an update button to "Edit Animation as Text box". I _usually_ remember to open and close it when I need to copy and paste something I just edited from an earlier duplicate. But it'd be nice if I could just hit a button next to the help [?].

When I do forget to close and reopen, copy, paste, I have to re-edit the previous frame. Making my attempt to do a short cut backfire.  --;
#495  March 28, 2012, 09:01:24 am
    • Thailand
Here's a bug with the animation text editor:

- Say I have this:

[Begin Action 2]
Clsn2Default: 3
  Clsn2[0] = -6, -92, 10, -72
  Clsn2[1] = -20, -75, 20, -27
  Clsn2[2] = -28, -40, 28, 0

- And then I copy-paste everything below "Clsn2[0] = -6, -92, 10, -72"

- When I do that, Fighter Factory's auto update does this:

[Begin Action 2]
Clsn2Default: 3
  Clsn1[0] = -28, -40, 28, 0
  Clsn1[0] = -20, -75, 20, -27
  Clsn2[2] = -28, -40, 28, 0

- Notice the change from clsn2 to clsn1 and the alteration of the first clsn.

Modification:

- If I manually move the clsn2 with the mouse, the text changes to clsn1.

- I have no more information on it, but while I was using ctrl + Z, Fighter Factory Crashed. It happened after I was testing for the above mentioned bugs.

- When I going through each animation, FF3 tries to remember the frame positions as it transitions to other animations. That's annoying. It should either start from the first frame as it transitions, or it should remember each animation's frame position separately.
Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:15:43 am by Seincat
#496  March 28, 2012, 11:46:48 am
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
- When I going through each animation, FF3 tries to remember the frame positions as it transitions to other animations. That's annoying. It should either start from the first frame as it transitions, or it should remember each animation's frame position separately.

I found this useful. I'd rather see it be a toggleable option than to be removed entirely
#497  March 29, 2012, 08:46:43 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Is there a way to get the animation organizer on the right to jump to the animation when you double click an animation number?
For some reason I've been trying to do that for the last half hour; Over and over like a confused monkey, but it doesnt work.
#498  March 29, 2012, 10:46:24 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Because its not suppose to jump to the animation, it only organizes it. ._.
#499  March 29, 2012, 12:05:38 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Well it'd be nice if it could do that.
I'm working on an Ultra that can change directions depending on what buttons are pressed. Each button has 4 animations. They all use similar animations. I keep having to take the beginning from one animation, make the middle, and copy/paste a 3rd part of the animation from a 3rd source. All of the sources are close, so I can see them all listed in the organizer.

I think it'd be a lot easier than searching for the animation using the find, or pressing the arrow buttons to manually search.
Just like the lists in States, and Commands. Heck, it'd be nice in Sprites too.
I have no clue how hard it'd be to implement it. It just _seems_ easy since there' two sections that do it already.
#500  March 30, 2012, 09:20:13 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
There is a Find & Replace button, you got the slider... many options there.

BTW, discovered just a minimal and insignificant bug, when moving sprites using the arrows, somethimes using the X axis arros to move causes the Y axis value indicator to take X axis value... ths DOESN'T override the real value, but looks kinda weird for the values to change in the incorrect boxes XD...

Other than that, this is looking way more stable than older releases ;D

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork