YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1557199 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC2 + Update 1
#541  April 13, 2012, 10:53:25 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I was getting that bug some time back when the sff files were all buggered up. I don't suppose you were creating this sff file at that point too? I had to recompile and fix the sff to get rid of it. (export, import, alter palettes to reapply pal1, readd all other palettes that were character specific)

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#542  April 15, 2012, 06:27:16 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
That's nice ;D most of the missing work are things from the User Interface, that means a more Solid Application, thanx and congrats Virtuall. I hope to see it advanced soon, and how about the translation system? Is abandoned? :P
I will make more things before the release of another translation source. Thanks!

Vtek: I put the opacity slider all the way to the right and Onion Skin still is not working; re-downloaded RC2 and applied Update 1, it still does not work.
Can't reproduce, the same with the Jz's problem. It occus with all chars? Do you can send-me your configuration file?

If I decided that I want a bunch of the same palettes inserted in my .sff, Fighter Factory allows me to do so, however, when I reload the character, the sprites are somehow messed up. I don't know exactly what's going on. It's palettes 1, 0 - 1, 12. The duplicated palettes within that range adopt the palette that is directly after that group. So:

1, 1
1, 12
6000, 0

All the palettes between 1,3 and 1,12 become the same as 6000,0, assuming that the first two palettes (1,1 and 1,2) are different.

Let me know if I have an option disabled and am a dumbass. But I don't know why it would get rid of duplicate character palettes and then make those same palettes duplicates of another palette. =p
Can't reproduce. Do you tried this in the Update 1? Because this case produces linked palettes, that is the problem of the RC2 without update1. Tested here and no problem. Let me know if you find anything.  ;)

Thanks!
#543  April 15, 2012, 11:06:46 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Oh. I can guarantee i am having no problems with Onion Skin. Works perfectly well. On off and scrolling.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#544  April 16, 2012, 03:12:33 am
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
Onion Skin is working great here too!
#545  April 17, 2012, 02:15:17 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
For everyone having problems like Onion Skin not working, you need to reset configuration, use the button in the config window... if that doesn't work, delete the config file and history file and try again.

See ya!! :D

P.S. I had no problems so far, but just realized that this could help...
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#546  April 17, 2012, 02:20:19 am
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
The only problem i had was that the fonts got gigantic again...
But like the other time it happened, restarting the computer solved the problem ^^
#547  April 19, 2012, 06:49:09 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
What does the image in the spoiler below mean? I've had it ask me this for a lot of characters but I eventually did something that made it go away, but this time it won't go away and my palettes won't work either. I'm doing the same thing I did for my other 1.0 characters with an SFFv2 which usually works.
I'd search through the pages for an answer, but there's almost 30. --;

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#548  April 19, 2012, 08:10:07 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
What does the image in the spoiler below mean? I've had it ask me this for a lot of characters but I eventually did something that made it go away, but this time it won't go away and my palettes won't work either. I'm doing the same thing I did for my other 1.0 characters with an SFFv2 which usually works.

For me, this happen when i open a character made with SFF V1 and palettes in .act
It always converted the SFF V1 and palettes to the MUGEN 1.0 version without errors here
#549  April 19, 2012, 10:49:53 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/

For me, this happen when i open a character made with SFF V1 and palettes in .act
It always converted the SFF V1 and palettes to the MUGEN 1.0 version without errors here

Oh yeah, thats what always fixed it!! It used to ask me to save the SFF with three options. Beta, 1.0, and that other one....why isn't it asking me now? >:(

Edit:
Alright, I found that 3 options thing. Instead of just saving, I did a save all and now it's fixed.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:27:48 pm by Noctis
#550  April 20, 2012, 12:04:37 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
This message is exactly what it means, asking you to save the palettes of the .def.

Why FF3 does it?
FF3 is designed to provide all features of SFF v2, and we know that in this version ALL palettes are INSIDE the SFF. If you're working with SFF v1, how FF3 will save the .act palettes of your char?
In the v1, if you edit one of these palettes, even if you save the SFF, the palettes will not be saved, ONLY the SFF.
This message is an option to automate this task, without the need to save the .act palettes one by one.

About the 3 options, it appears ONLY when you use save as (that means a new file), or the newly created file wasn't saved. Otherwise, FF3 will save in the source version.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC2 + Update 2
#551  April 22, 2012, 04:30:33 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Update 2 on the first post.

Changes:
- Fix for the Jz and Zero-Sennin problem (they already have the fix).
- Cut, copy and paste (image editor).
- Select, deselect and invert (image editor).
- Move selection tool (image editor).
- Some improvements in the image editor.

An icon is missing, in the next RC it will be present.

Enjoy!
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC2 + Update 3
#552  April 22, 2012, 09:30:57 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Time to add new features as the bugs are out for now. Update 3 on the first post.

Changes:
- Add new layer from a sprite (image editor).
- Draw lines using click, shift + click (image editor).
- Sprite selector in the advanced palette editor (the commit sprite now changes the current selected one).
- Palette selector in the advanced palette editor (the commit palette now changes the current selected one).
- The advanced palette editor is resizable now.
- Option to choose the center of the zoom (axis [current] and center of workspace).

Enjoy!
#553  April 22, 2012, 09:53:09 pm
I didn't see it so here is my suggestion.

maybe the possibility to crop a group of sprites ? at the moment i only saw the possibility to either crop everything OR crop sprites one by one.

Also, I am not sure of how to use the rescale function. When I rescale an anim, it rescales it in FF but not in the game. What's happening ?
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#554  April 22, 2012, 11:14:48 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
What is the advantage of cropping individual groups over all sprites? The crop function is reasonable fast, unless you have a special usage to "non-cropped" sprites.

About the scale, angle, interpolation in the AIR editor, it's new features of Mugen introduced in the version 1.1. 1.0 users must ignore it now.

Thanks, and your stages are awesome!  :sugoi:
#555  April 23, 2012, 10:56:22 am
    • Thailand
I still find it annoying that the animations don't reset to the beginning when I switch through the in the animation viewer. I think it should remember the position on an individual basis, not from a transitional basis. =p

Great updates so far and bugs are disappearing. Thank you for the program and the hard work you put into it.
#556  April 26, 2012, 01:16:26 am
What is the advantage of cropping individual groups over all sprites? The crop function is reasonable fast, unless you have a special usage to "non-cropped" sprites.

Sometimes I have to wait over 40 minutes just because I wanted to crop one anim (therefore one group) because FF will go through the 3000 images  (jiggsaw) and the 10 x 200 frames anims preceeding the group i wanted to crop.
On the top of that, the crop all can fuck up some of the 3000 images jiggsawed by deleting some of them. It already happened to me a few times.
And if I update the stage later, I have to wait another 40 minutes or plus, since I added a couple more anims for the update for example.

thanks for the answer about the scale. would have been awesome if we could use it with the 1.0 :)

and thanks for my stages comment  ;D
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:27:37 am by jeanbureau
#557  April 26, 2012, 09:22:34 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Why not add them cropped? I'm sure you're not numbering as you go with that many sprites, you'll be using the incrementing feature. Place a sprite, crop it, put it in the right spot, then add all the others, same place but cropped as you add them. You wouldn't have to go back and forth that way.

This would only not be feasible if the sprites changed size, but you said jigsaw so i imagine they're all the same size square as well.

#558  April 26, 2012, 09:28:31 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'm pretty sure he's using uncropped anims with high resolution from particle illusion. Therefore he needs to add them uncropped at first to keep the alignment correct.
Although FF3 now has the option to crop after adding to the correct axis, so that should do it.

Otherwise, learn how to use the combo sffextract + sprmaker to re-extract sprites from the SFF, crop them at lightning speed and recompile them.
VirtualTek, wouldn't there be a way to include sprmaker in the back-end, as an option, and when using the cropping tool, it would give you the option to use sprmaker. FF would then do all the decompile/recompile stuff without having the user do anything more than pressing a button ?
#559  April 27, 2012, 03:43:58 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Sometimes I have to wait over 40 minutes just because I wanted to crop one anim (therefore one group) because FF will go through the 3000 images  (jiggsaw) and the 10 x 200 frames anims preceeding the group i wanted to crop.
On the top of that, the crop all can fuck up some of the 3000 images jiggsawed by deleting some of them. It already happened to me a few times.
And if I update the stage later, I have to wait another 40 minutes or plus, since I added a couple more anims for the update for example.
If you have an uncropped SFF, send to me please. Then I will profile the crop function to improve the performance. And in the next versions I will include the crop groups function.

VirtualTek, wouldn't there be a way to include sprmaker in the back-end, as an option, and when using the cropping tool, it would give you the option to use sprmaker. FF would then do all the decompile/recompile stuff without having the user do anything more than pressing a button ?
I will test this. The big problem now is the FF3 cache system. It compress all data to reduce the memory usage. When cropping all sprites, FF3 need to recompress the new image to store in the cache. The decompression/compression takes 90%+ of the cropping time.

Thanks!
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC3
#560  April 29, 2012, 02:43:57 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
RC3 on the first post.

Changes
  • updated all presets and iconsets to the new changes
  • added new options and functions (latest suggestions)
  • fixed small bugs

We are going to the final 3.0 version. After this, i will start to work on new things like:
  • BG editor (using the same AIR text system)
  • Suggestions?

About the crop, we have just one function now, with option to choose the current, group or all sprites. I can't optimize this function more for 3 reasons:
  • Cache system (one load/decode/encode/store per sprite)
  • Undo system (many undo operations to be stored in the undo stack cache)
  • Implicit sharing (data comparision with all sprites per crop)

Thanks!