YesNoOk

Narom 1.2 (Finally eh?) (Read 3880 times)

Started by Darkstalker X, July 11, 2010, 05:52:01 pm
Share this topic:
Narom 1.2 (Finally eh?)
New #1  July 11, 2010, 05:52:01 pm
  • Hellspawn
    • darkstalker-x.newgrounds.com/audio

Click the picture for the download link.
-------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I know you're probably gonna be a little annoyed that I'm releasing a character you've already seen before, but I thought I was quite unsatisfied with only what I had to offer in the previous version, so I bring you a much better reinstatement of it. Trust me on this one, it's an extreme improvement.

You can check the movelist.txt file for details, but in case you don't wanna go through all that hassle:

-Character scale lowered to 1.5 (You win >_>) which should make the range lower and the character not too small.

-Overall boost in the feeling of realism (shakes when running, walking, effects while landing and dragging the axe, etc)

-Power bar diminished to 3000 (from previous 4000, to avoid two hypers in a row and thus losing some cheapness)

-Pictures for some hyper moves, and some even have voices(eye+ear candy. Also, I'm sorry if you don't like the way I pretend to speak japanese.)

-An AI has been installed, have fun. What this aims to be is a balanced overall AI that counts as a mix of agressive, power conservative close combat, and counter/grabbing when approached to, with slight influence on long ranged combat. As one's life bar goes down, the AI will consider playing from a bit more of a distance, and will be much less power conservative, thus switching to a more passive/defensive than before, "you'll never take me alive" kind of state (This basic code I call AI has room for a lot of improvement, though... *hint*)

-Character has been adapted to 1.0 only (Sorry old gamers)

-More palette colors (Especially an original knux palette for the lulz by holding start and pressing X)

-Narom falls a little slower, a few air combos are possible.

-Attacks take more juggle points, to make the character less abusive in mid air.

-Fixed "Rushdown" not locking the enemy in place.

-Flammant aura is now availible after fully having charged by holding x and a like when normally charging. Just like when the power charging loop is playing, in this state's up and down loop, you absorb all projectiles into 50 life per projectile

-Lowered projectile scale.

-Slower walk and run.

-"Unleash" upgraded and now availible on mid air with the same command but a different animation, this one has no followup though.

-Minor speed adjustments in basic animations, like blinking when crouching, and certain attacks.

-Pausetimes checked and touched, overall combos should feel more fluid.

-Character won't go below the axis by doing another attack instantly after fully charging power.

-Recovery after being thrown normally isn't possible anymore, and the distance of being thrown is not so far anymore.

-Projectiles now knock down if they hit on any occasion(I mean come on, you just took a giant axe to the face, you HAVE to fall.)

-Airborne strong kick is now a regular kick that can be chained as part of an air combo.

-Standing slash (normally pressing Y)now brings the enemy slightly towards you when it hits.
Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:05:58 am by Darkstalker X
Re: Narom 1.2 (Finally eh?)
#2  July 11, 2010, 05:54:15 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
screens in game please!  ;)
#3  July 11, 2010, 05:59:41 pm
    • Thailand
He meant a screenshot of the actual character being played in Mugen.
#4  July 11, 2010, 06:29:35 pm
  • Hellspawn
    • darkstalker-x.newgrounds.com/audio
*sweatdrops*

I fixed the first post to have in-game pictures, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Keep the downloads coming! you'll see it's much better.
Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:06:03 am by Darkstalker X
#5  July 12, 2010, 06:06:49 pm
Paul here. I like mugen, martial arts and pc games.
#6  July 12, 2010, 07:24:36 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Does it work with the old winmugen?

If he's in this section, then it probably means that it doesn't. Normally they would mention in the first post if they are compatible, and since he's not doing that, assume you need 1.0
#7  July 13, 2010, 01:07:25 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Well, from what I've seen in a couple minutes of testing this morning before I went to work (YUK YUK YUK), I noticed that some of this guy's sprites are pretty mis-aligned. Mainly his stance.
And this is just a personal issue, but you have KoF sparks and roll, but your combo-ability is leaning more towards Marvel VS Capcom, along with the super portrait, which is kind of low in quality.

This seems to be looking a bit decent, congrats on having the first non-cheap-broken fan character out for MUGEN.
:v
#8  July 13, 2010, 03:06:14 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Hey! Nice Char dude! recommended +1! ;P