YesNoOk

SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy (Switch / PS4) (Read 335259 times)

Started by Titiln, January 11, 2018, 03:26:53 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Re: SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy (Switch / PS4)
#241  August 02, 2018, 07:16:26 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Alright, so I'mma go ahead and give my opinion on this:

While it isn't the worst thing, I find it odd that a universe with so many female chars to chose from, had to result to a gender swapped male char. TBH, it feels to me like they didn't have enough faith in their female chars alone. So, they decide to throw in a very popular male char, but was like "Oh! It's a all girl thing!", though just went with it anyway.

Judging from the beginning dialogue and all, I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that there will be some mock reasoning(plot) behind Terry being gender swapped. Like the big bad hosting the tourney or w/e has power over everyone involved, so he gender swapped Terry...? It's kinda fetish-y too IMO. I'm a bit disappointed in it. I know this was already confirmed with the trophy thing and all, though still. With so many good, attractive, interesting females already in the SNK universe, why did they have to resort to gender swapping a male char? Terry is the flagship char of KoF(FF)/SNK though mainly. Like Ryu is to Capcom/SF. So I get that angle. The brand recognition with your MVP char.

Though it's a all female tournament... I mean....idk man. I guess.
#242  August 02, 2018, 07:24:12 pm
Seriously... I prefer Alice or Fio or any female than Terry as female.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#243  August 02, 2018, 07:36:08 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I was expecting it and i'm still disappointed. What's next, he changes Iori into a girl and make Miss X make sense......OH NO.
#244  August 02, 2018, 08:00:36 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am kinda bummed that we did not get a garou outfit

from the fanart topic;

DW: a "gender" swapped male character is kind of a tradition judging by the previous game.
#245  August 02, 2018, 08:05:09 pm
    • Germany
I was expecting it and i'm still disappointed.

I can live with Genderswapped Terry, maybe not the most creative way to add a new character but it could be worse.

What's next, he changes Iori into a girl and make Miss X make sense......OH NO.

They would not be the first ones to do do something like that, I remeber the KoF Zillion Comics had a Female cousin of Iori who would be identified as the "real" Miss X if I remember it right.

#246  August 02, 2018, 08:27:15 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Is SNK going to make sequels of this and gender swap every SNK character in existence?

I'm actually just fine with that for sprite base resources.  :mthumbs:
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#247  August 02, 2018, 09:18:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

They would not be the first ones to do do something like that, I remeber the KoF Zillion Comics had a Female cousin of Iori who would be identified as the "real" Miss X if I remember it right.

snk gals fighters for the neogeo pocket was th efist instance of missX.
#248  August 02, 2018, 09:59:26 pm
    • Mexico
The omission of KING is what’s most disturbing. She’s always been one of their lead female heroines. Did I miss some sort of recent spike in her popularity or is she just not waifu enough or something?

DW

#249  August 02, 2018, 10:23:40 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm actually surprised by that myself. Why is King not in this? That's just one of many females they could have added instead of GS Terry. It's not even limited to just KoF, it's SNK Heroines. Pretty much any female char from their universe is fair game. I'm 99% sure if Capcom did something like this, they wouldn't put a GS Ryu in it. They have tons of great female chars as well as SNK. I just don't get it.
#250  August 02, 2018, 10:35:34 pm
    • Germany

snk gals fighters for the neogeo pocket was th efist instance of missX.

You Missounderstand what I meant, Sure Miss X was first in the Game where "She" comes from, but what I ment was that the KoF Zillion Comics added a "Genderswapped Iori" who was reavealed to be his cousin or something, who was the "real" Miss X in that continuity.
#251  August 02, 2018, 10:42:29 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Looking at the final roster, makes me a bit sad. I want DLC now, but at the same time, there are a handful of females they could have used for the roster.
#252  August 02, 2018, 10:42:44 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
So does this mean Mina is not in the game and the badge thingies were just a red herring or what?

(I'm fine with Terryko even tho she turns into Sarah Bryant in one of her alts)
#253  August 02, 2018, 11:45:29 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Ya.

But that's what DLC is for.
#254  August 03, 2018, 01:21:25 am
Funnily enough, considering how many Mugen iterations of female Goenitz there are and his (and her) overall popularity within the community (she was even referenced in a pachislot game) I'm surprised they didn't just make that instead. Of course I don't mind the legendary booby wolf personally.
#255  August 03, 2018, 02:43:34 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Would have very much preferred Alice.
#256  August 03, 2018, 02:50:46 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Wow, I though they would make Terry a crossdresser for this game, but nope, it is rule 63 in effect.

Are people upset because R63!Terry have taken a spot on the roster that should've been given to someone else?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#257  August 03, 2018, 03:19:45 am
Wow, I though they would make Terry a crossdresser for this game
Have you never looked at the silhouettes they have showed since the beginning
As soon as Terry's name came out in the trophy list it was obvious what silhouette that was.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

lui

#258  August 03, 2018, 05:03:47 am
    • USA
Fun fact, her design is directly from SvC when demitri does midnight bliss on terry
#259  August 03, 2018, 11:47:46 am
he looks ok ...but like most girls in kof14 he suffers from flat ass syndrome.

i'm ok with this ... but would've been better to see Fio , we already terry's been in so many games i just want to see something new both in design and gameplay.
#260  August 03, 2018, 01:17:12 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Lasagna
Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:30:36 am by -Ash-