YesNoOk

Progress (Read 676051 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#161  August 12, 2012, 09:11:44 am
how far is this game from being complete ?
#162  August 12, 2012, 09:18:27 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I use everything tbh,the bases for the most part are shinb, but I'll use arcade frames,pce,sb, and ssw. And in some cases, I'll use stuff from the actual show.

the game itself is probably about @ 40%? half the characters specials are done, most of the sheets are done. stages, screenpack,a few sheets and coding left.

Posted: August 12, 2012, 10:02:01 pm
8-12-12

Started on goku today,he's coming along very quickly should be finished with him hopefully by the end of the week.(Hopefully...)

also balth, for more frames (Which I'm going to do when all the sheets are done) I just use frames from the sheet itself, and either add them to a certain move, or frankensprite stuff together for more frames.

I might actually be finished with him faster than I first thought. finished a row in less than a hour so... yay
Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:13:23 pm by Neocide
#163  August 13, 2012, 05:59:01 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
Great! Good luck again!

Also here is my crappy i tried color pal for cell.. Sorry i didn't index it cause i suck...But i hope u still enjoy it.

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#164  August 13, 2012, 11:43:24 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
eh... no offense but I think I'll pass on that one :p

about 1/4th done with goku. should be finished by Wednesday I think.
#165  August 14, 2012, 07:20:32 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
:(

Fuck dat! Run it back! xD

Here is my second try! I will make sure you like one of them :P

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:47:35 am by thanewdude07
#166  August 15, 2012, 11:38:47 am
This looks so Awesome man. What stages will you use? Are you Spriting them too?
#167  August 16, 2012, 09:30:10 pm
I'll submit here two palettes like I told you.

First: Cell with Krillin Absorbed palette, from a what-if story in Budokai 1:

Second: Shin Butouden Cell palette:

While I was doing the Krillin/Cell palette I noticed there was a green pixel in the first stand sprite.
And did you get the sprites in MG? I'm sorry if they're not okay, but I only use AnimGet and the window was big (I don't play with small windows, I always enlarge them when I'm playing a game), so I forgot to resize it.
Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:33:20 pm by G.o.D.
#168  August 17, 2012, 08:46:05 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#169  August 17, 2012, 10:46:09 am
Well, I took almost the exact same colours as the Shin Butouden Cell for skin, armor and feet, but maybe I should have worked more on contrast about the feet.

I also did a small and quick edit on Piccolo sprites (Intro Pose/Taunt): I made him with eyes opened. If you need it here you are:
Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:49:07 am by G.o.D.
#170  August 20, 2012, 08:08:08 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
8-19-12

Just about done with goku, all that's left is some head swaps and some other minor details.
#171  August 20, 2012, 04:54:47 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Cell is looking awesome. Great job with that. :D
#172  August 20, 2012, 06:21:48 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
8-19-12

Just about done with goku, all that's left is some head swaps and some other minor details.

Headswaps from who? Goku is usually the 'headwappee' (he gets headswapped into other characters) :P
Looking very good, can't wait to see another bit of gameplay soon :)
#173  August 20, 2012, 09:35:16 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
he has in his namek outfit. So I had to get rid of the belt and switch his normal head to his ssj heads. Plus the frames I resized from other sprites that weren't on the shinb sheet needed swaps too.

Posted: August 21, 2012, 08:59:26 am
8-21-12

Finally finished goku, his palette is very separated. From his upper gi to his shoes, everything has a different color just about. So lots of fun options to try
#174  August 21, 2012, 09:13:37 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Fuck yeah ! Nice job, cant wait for you to do Super Buu. :datass:

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#175  August 21, 2012, 10:05:16 am
Fuck yeah !

Well, expect to me some palettes! Nice job!
Btw, if you miss some sprites SuperMystery ripped spritepacks from ShinB, check it in the shared sprites.

Normal and SSJ Goku will be two chars, am I correct?
#176  August 21, 2012, 10:32:25 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
normal might be one day, but for now he has a super and some win poses in normal. and don't need anything else for goku, his sheet is full. Super buu is up next, and is a lot easier than I thought
#177  August 21, 2012, 12:24:21 pm
Palettes for Goku :)

Goku vs Vegeta Buu saga:

Ultimate Battle 22 Alternate Palette:

High Resolution Goku by Toskomics palette:

Super Buu? Weren't you going for a DBKAI roster? With the last saga being the Cell one? Did you change your mind? :)
Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:38:33 pm by G.o.D.
#178  August 21, 2012, 03:10:36 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
DAt progress! Great job neo!

Hope  you continue at this pace!

Who is next up on the hit list?

#179  August 22, 2012, 12:18:45 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I changed my mind on keeping the roster to db kai in fact the game is no longer even dragonball kai allstars. It's just dragonball allstars. At some point if I don't totally quit mugen after this game is complete, I wanna add movie and db characters. Not too many from db tbh though. Probably the usual suspects. Chibi goku, tao pai pai jackie chun and piccolo daimao.

TND - Super buu is next, I mentioned in my last post, his sheet is being done from the db2k super buu sheet, he's actually a lot easier than I thought.

G.o.D. - Nice attempt on the palettes but, that buu saga one is completely off, his colors were never that bright. Your third palette ( the normal option) would be a good candidate for a manga palette. You should really try to branch out besides trying from the games and other people's palettes. The whole reason I split his upper gi and lower gi is to make as many creative options as possible (also to have a blue gi version) 

Here's a updated checklist for the first release roster

1.Goku           (Roken,Neocide)             - 100%      ------------------------
2.Vegeta        (Roken,Neocide,Ryuku)    - 100%      ------------------------
3.Piccolo        (Roken,Benhazard)           - 85%         few rows of extras left
4.Gohan         (Roken,Neocide)              - 95%         head swaps on extra frames left
5.Trunks         (Roken,Neocide)              - 60%         Extra moves,sword case and sword left
6.Kurrin          (The Dark sayajin,Ryuku)   - 75%         skin area (head arms face) left
7.18               (Neocide)                        - 100%       --------------------------
8.Frieza          (Roken,Benhazard)           - 65%         Extra moves left
9.Cell             (Neocide)                        - 100%        Yay!
10.Super Buu                                        - 10%         Sheet resized, in progress

atm I'm debating adding yamcha, as he would be an easy sheet, basically head swap + minor editing. Also I am considering adding
another bad guy. as of now my choices would have to be someone who's either in shinb already, a resized sheet, or made from a sheet already done. the choices I'm thinking of and how much of a chance they are to me adding them.

Broli               - Very Likely
Bojack            - Likely
Kid Buu          - Almost Likely
Radditz          - Almost Likely
Rickum           - Likely
17                  - very Unlikely
Fat Buu           - Unlikely
Jiece               - Almost Likely

I left ginyu out because someone is making him, and I have him off the roster now because I haven't heard from the person working on him but he'd be in if he finished. Although I hate broli, he would be somewhat easy to make, and would look wonderful in AP. Same idea goes for bojack.

When Super Buu is done, I'm considering taking a break from spriting, and focusing on the stage aspect of the game. I want to use frames from the actual show as stages. It's just going to take time finding ones that are just right. If anyone has an episode or can help out with finding good backgrounds from the show be sure to let me know.

#180  August 23, 2012, 07:41:18 pm
It could be his japanese name. Or one of his alternate names.
That Frieza! :yippi:

More palettes:
Custom:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Night:
Strange:
I will make a Namek one as soon as possible; are you sure that could work? And I will put more effort in them.

Is Roken working on the sprites? Sorry if I ask so many questions! ;D

Goku vs Vegeta Buu saga:
This was the reference:

I would go for Kid Buu as a bad guy, since there aren't so much sprites, only Hyper Dimension and Final Bout, so that could be a new char.
For this matter I think a poll could be used.

If you were going to make Fat Buu, how should you scale it? Ub22 sprites and ShinB? (%) I would give a try.
Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:31:20 pm by G.o.D.