Stage Fit Mode (Read 3524 times)

Started by vyn, April 28, 2019, 03:25:56 am
Share this topic:

vyn

Stage Fit Mode
#1  April 28, 2019, 03:25:56 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Ive been playing with Stagefit set to 0 in my mugen (1.1b) cfg for a long time, just recently i forgot i had it so it messed up a background effect for everyone else not playing with this mode on or with widescreen stages, i had to put my configuration to the default 1 to fix the issue and honestly it instantly made mugen feel weird... like dated.

Its a simple screen ratio change but makes a huge difference IMO.

So anyway, I mostly wanted to post this to encourage people to try these two changes in the default mugen.cfg options and (IMO) improve their mugen experience. This aspect ratio focuses way more in the battle and the characters and looks more modern, default configuration seems to wanna show the background.

Sure this is a matter of opinion and stages already coded for widescreen are available, i know.

Default configuration is on the left of this screen and the changes i mention result in the screens on the right.

These two settings can be found in the Mugen.cfg file and these two values are what is necessary for all fights to look like the images on the right, not just the ones with a stage coded for widescreen aspect.

;Stage fit mode.
 ;0 - stage drawn to width of screen (may crop stages with tall aspect)
 ;1 - stage shrunk to fit into screen
 ;Ignored if RenderMode=System (forced to 0)
StageFit = 0

;Set to nonzero to force stages to have the specified zoomout scale
  ;factor.
  ;This option has no effect on stages that have either zoomin or zoomout
  ;parameter set to a value other than the default of 1.
  ;This is a debug parameter and may be removed in future versions.
ForceStageZoomout = .75
Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 03:30:47 am by vyn
Re: Stage Fit Mode
#2  April 28, 2019, 07:35:04 am
Hi Vyn

The stagefit = 1 is not an option for me.
It mean graphic can be displayed correctly or not for an author.

Here is what I understand this parameter really means.
when you make a stage your will code the stage as 16:9 or 4:3 in localcoord.
when others set stagefit = 1 they will see what you see.
when othere set to 0 they will see something unexpected if the game resolution didn't match the stage screen ratio.

For me since all my Char have zoom effect. the stage = 1 played a big role. if set to 0 and the game resolution didn't match the stage.
the Zoom Camera will be off target and won't able to display player correctly.
for me there is no way to tell if the player have this setting or not.

If you don't know what I mean you can download my Ryu or Ken or chun or ... to have a look
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/beterhans-edited-ryu-ken-updated-mugen-1-1-exclusive-175653.0.html