YesNoOk

Optional Trip Anim Standards? (Read 1197 times)

Started by felineki, September 30, 2012, 06:40:23 pm
Share this topic:
Optional Trip Anim Standards?
#1  September 30, 2012, 06:40:23 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
As I'm sure many of you know, Mugen's default CNS code contains handling for optional alternate post-fall animations (bounce, liedown, etc.) to be used specifically after the "up" or "diag-up" type hit animations. There's nothing in place to handle similar alternate animations for after the "trip" animation.

However, it would appear that such animations actually do exist in some commercial games. That is, alternate post-fall animations used after the trip animation. For example, this lovely frame from Morrigan:

Or this one from Akuma (which may look the same as his normal bounce frame at a glance, but the legs are actually positioned differently):

So, even though Mugen's default behavior doesn't support it, does anyone think it would be worth trying to come up with a community standard for such animations for use in custom states and such?
Re: Optional Trip Anim Stamdards?
#2  September 30, 2012, 06:48:28 pm
lolz crushed anims
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
Re: Optional Trip Anim Stamdards?
#3  September 30, 2012, 07:38:03 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Actually, SFII does have an alternate trip system. M.Bison also has a different lie down trip animation, much like how he lies down after Akuma beats him up in SSF2T. All you really have to do is add a new statedef for getting tripped to tell the character to use the new tripped liedown frame. My sf2 mbison WIP shows this, unlike some of the others I've seen.

Unless it's for a full game, probably just go and modify the whole tripped states in the common1.cns. ;)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Re: Optional Trip Anim Standards?
#4  October 01, 2012, 03:45:27 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
#5  October 12, 2012, 07:20:33 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
That is somewhat easy to achieve, if you know what you are doing, you can mess with common1.cns and use a free sysvar (or another in use, but reseting the value whenever possible and not needed)

In my case, when I need to handle an alternate hit ground animation (that's the example you are showing here) I do that, for example, in state 5071 (hit trip, HitshakeOver) I set sysvar(1) to 1 (enable alternate hit ground anim), then in state 5110 you just adjust your change anims to react to this, for example, using anim 5100 + sysvar(1) (this is 5100 if not tripped, 5101 when you are) and after that, you can reset your sysvar to zero if not needed anymore by your hit states. In same cases using this you may want to reset this sysvar whenever you enter a hit state (5000, 5010, 5020, 5080...) so if you do a knockback move after a trip attack, you don't get the same 5101 anim froma  non-trip move...

For example... if you wanna setup this, you first add a varset in states 5000, 5010, 5020 and 5080 with sysvar set to zero, then, in state 5071, you set this var to 1, in state 5110 you set your animation accordingly to the value (5100 + sysvar(x), or Cond/Ifelse(Sysvar(x), 5101,5100) or Cond/Ifelse(Sysvar(x) && SelfAnimExist(5101), 5101,5100)) and in the same state, just after dong your anim thingy, reset the sysvar to zero...

You can alter anim values to whatever you may want, but using standards makes it easier. Also, I would reccomend to have your own common system file for your char so you don't mess with the default mugen one. Another advice would be to NEVER rely on state 5110 as it uses button mashing to getup faster, most capcom games or maybe all of them NEVER use such a feature, instead you can automatically redirect from state 5110 to a new one handling all your hit the ground stuff (changestate to your new state with trigger = 1 should suffice).

I'm not an expert or a guru or something like that, but this could help you a bit... hope so.

See ya!!!! :D

P.S. Forgot to mention that, if you modify this to your char, you can force enemies to enter this by using target state and redirecting to your states, just be sure you have selfstates for any state changing to 5120 or even better, state 0 or 11...
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:32:20 am by FerchogtX
#6  October 14, 2012, 12:19:24 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
What I was trying to ask was should we come up with a community standard for the anim numbers? For example, following the precedent from the official Elecbyte docs, something like this:

Optional Trip Animations:

5083 - LieDown hit (stay down)
5103 - Bounce from ground into air
5163 - Bounce into air
5173 - Hit ground from bounce
5113 - LieDown
5123 - Get up from LieDown
5153 - LieDead (first rounds)
5158 - LieDead (final round)