YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1027976 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#481  May 10, 2014, 08:35:29 am
  • Fuck You.
i liked it (da2), gameplay aside cuz fuck copypaste environments, the narrative and storytelling was dope; having a choice of dialogue directly affect a course of action so linearly threw me off i guess. having it determine your personality for the remainder of the game is cool and that it can be changed is cool as well, but that also requires those changes in course of action. so always choose the top right option unless there's a special bottom left star or top left companion option, bah
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#482  May 10, 2014, 08:42:18 am
  • Nothing is impossible if you believe
    • Philippines
    • tier-1.co/madlax
#483  May 10, 2014, 01:45:20 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
Sorry to say that I never played DA-Origins, and... We have different likes in gaming.

no no I didn't mock your choice of game, I played DA2 too in high hope since it was the successor of DA, but I couldn't bring myself to finish it, after I got a mansion, and sorta clear my family name, I quit, repetitiveness was too much to ignore in my case.

if you never played Origins before you played DA2, I can understand that you like how the storytelling and multiple options you can choose from, but that style was already in DA Origins. DA2 was more toward more fluent combat and zoom in and out effect, and animations. imo. 

Comparing the two games:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#484  May 11, 2014, 05:14:08 am
    • Philippines
    • tier-1.co/madlax
Origins has a wide map various cities to explore while DA2 you're stuck in somekind of slum island.
I agree with you, there's no really an adventure in DA2. It only focuses to the City of Kirkwall which is also one of the things that made me disappointed.

in Origins, you can dress each of your team mate differently, change their armor, weapon, etc. in DA2 you can only dress your main character. in Origins you can sculpt your character much better than in DA2. DA2 has more seamless team combo than DA origins, DA2 has more/ farther angle for the camera than Origins. But everything else, memorable characters and all, I prefer Origins. and also being in the role of Grey Warden gave me more dutifulness .. to finish the game and kill the Dragon,  it is like being a crow in Game of Thrones.
This seems interesting.
#485  May 11, 2014, 06:13:18 am
  • Fuck You.
yea, the reason da2 was so limited in that regard is because it had a singular narrative device, the inquisition of varric on the champion of kirkwall (your pc) nothing more, nothing less

everything that happened in game was literally a story being told, which is cool, if limiting, and because of that (among other things) it really seemed more like a gaiden game than anything because of it, but it seems da: inquisition will remedy that

#486  May 12, 2014, 02:42:52 am
da: inquisition will remedy that

its plan description at wiki sounds very tasty indeed...

hopefully with this more ambitious goal, they would also thoroughly test and eliminate game breaking bugs before selling it. 
#487  May 12, 2014, 10:35:40 am
    • Philippines
    • tier-1.co/madlax
#488  May 24, 2014, 08:01:45 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dynasty Warriors 2 Gundam
I have 0 knowledge of the series I just like the game
So last time I played as Master Asia and became a cyber newtype and was Domons sensei
This time I played as Loran Cehack who seems to be a member of the moon moon race.

Loran likes to talk gibberish that I don't understand at all (As long as I am in the cockpit the white devil is my angel) and loves to yell about peace while killing people,also hates his commander who has some kind of Black History or prophecy or whatever is it called.
Anyway his commander Ghingham is an asshole of sorts and wants to fuck up everyone and follows some crazy warriors code that seems pretty suicidal to me,and also likes to call Loran Laura,which I didnt get at all until I unlocked his alternate costume...a dress.
The leader of the moonrace is also a weird looking chick that likes to make Loran crossdress and go by the name of Laura Rolla.
Also,the finale of his storymode was really awesome since I had to fight Domon and Master Asia to get to Ghingham who,after losing his Turn X Gundam,gets a motherfuckin Sengoku looking Gundam with a tri spear oh my god it was so awesome how do I unlock it
Also I cut Domons gundam in half and told him to go fuck himself....not literally,but in Lorans special little way.
Also I pilot a fucking robot with butterfly wings.
And beams,and laser swords,a large ass tower shield and a spiked ball on chains.
Also for some reason I am being incredibly hated by the 2 Puru sisters,and am also a BFF with Yazan Gable,a guy who doesn't know how to say thanks and just keeps screamin I DONT NEED YO HELP
#489  May 25, 2014, 12:19:57 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Your lack of knowledge about the intricacies of Gundam canon is absolutely infuriating! >:[

Spoiler: Jmorphman drops some Gundam knowledge (click to see content)
#490  May 25, 2014, 10:38:04 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Butterfly wings that destroyed the world.
Ok.

Anyway,thanks for taking the time to clear some things up
#491  July 07, 2014, 09:25:03 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Dust: An Elysian Tale

One of the games I grabbed from the Summer Sales. The gameplay is fun, but... well, it's just too easy, honestly. The most disappointing thing so far in the game is the parry/reflect option. It's waaaaaaay too easy to time. I mean, you're supposed to be holding the left click or equivalent when an enemy attacks, and the frames in which that parry works last too long. Parrying is supposed to be something involving timing, not holding the button to be sure you don't take damage. Another cheap gameplay mechanic is the Dust Tornado (aerial version mostly), which literally makes fights consist on just flying around the stage, as the cooldown for that attack is too short and you're way too fast for enemies to hit you, which ends up in you being untouched. Of course I avoid doing that, but even without that move the enemies are just too easy to fight, even in the hardest difficulty.

Include the fact that so far the bosses have been a total disappointment, and I got bored of this game. Since I have plenty more games to play from Summer Sales, I will skip this one for the moment and try others.
#492  July 16, 2014, 02:52:26 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

there are no words. It is just fucking awful. Worse than RE6 and Gaiden, I daresay.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#493  July 16, 2014, 03:06:45 am
Saboteur

nazi and parkour felt strange blended together like that.
#494  July 28, 2014, 05:16:05 pm
  • Fuck You.
murdered soul suspect

piece of shit glitched out on me near the end of the gane and i can't do shit because it autosaves, can't beat it and have to restart

fuck this game

#495  July 28, 2014, 05:39:02 pm
  • SNK is life
#496  July 28, 2014, 06:31:41 pm
  • Fuck You.
.......which means that we'll likely never get a patch for this absolute abomination of a glitch that ruined an otherwise refreshing experience...

i should probably take it back before i snap it in two

DMK

#497  July 30, 2014, 01:20:58 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Man that sucks it happened to you. I had two run throughs, both last gen and current with my only game breaking glitch of me falling through the floor to the middle of the earth. I enjoyed it I just wish it had something more. Closer to past point & clicks.
#498  July 30, 2014, 07:28:29 pm
  • Fuck You.
yea man i really enjoyed it for what it was and that's what sucks because it was refreshing and all it took was one unlooked bug to cripple it

i guess ill have to get it on the pc and edit some saves or something

#499  August 02, 2014, 05:11:59 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Chibi Robo: Photo Finder:

A surprisingly fun casual game for $10 at the e-shop. I know that it it is not much, but I liked it. My only complaint is that I wish the camera is much better at taking pictures, but that is the 3DS's fault and none of the game (maybe).
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#500  August 02, 2014, 04:05:45 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dino D-Day
World War 2 and you're a nazi dinosaur with a cannon on his back that can pee whenever he wants
10/10
But no seriously,the game is kinda crappy and boring and it brings nothing new to the table except...well...dinosaurs.
It also lets you kill defenseless goats.
Poor goats.