YesNoOk

I NOW IDENTIFY AS A HAM SANDWICH OR SOMETHING: MAZEMERALD 2 (for ID purposes) (Read 27533 times)

Started by Inactive user, July 07, 2018, 09:27:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: I AM NOT AN AUTHOR/CREATOR.... NOW I AM ONLY A MUGEN EDITOR
#101  July 10, 2018, 02:47:48 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
If you're asking what would be considered an edit, I move topics based on how much can be perceived as your work. Even if you used a template, I won't mess with it.

If you're asking whether we're gonna crack down on you if you don't credit for the stuff you used, nah. But you get found out that's on you.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#102  July 10, 2018, 03:56:01 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
This guy is not talented at all. Making half assed characters, and leeching off the hard work of other creators like Gennos said.

Does that mean his Mack the Knife (assuming it is his) is actually crap and no one just had the heart to tell him?
#103  July 10, 2018, 04:29:13 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Indeed. In defense of Mazemerald/Capcomnator/Whatever he calls himself, I have to say that this guy is DEFINITELY not talentless. As my evidence, I use his "Street Fighter 1" screenpack I still like, even though now I prefer 16:9.

That was one of his screenpacks before he went too deep in his later Templated screenpack streak. As you can see, it was really good, even though not flawless. And I sure if he'll want to- he will do something like this again. But it seems he just got TOO lazy- it's easier to make other people stages yours, to make screenpack identical to each other and STILL being praised [Looking at MMV...].
#104  July 10, 2018, 10:06:02 am
yeah, no. While I don't understand his stance regarding authorship of fanart (I assume it has to be cultural thing or maybe a result of machine translation) but calling him talentless is straight out wrong. His Mack the Knife spritesheet is some of the best sprite work I've seen released here over the years. Very faithful to the original game and beautifully animated.
#105  July 10, 2018, 02:21:04 pm
His Mack the Knife spritesheet is some of the best sprite work I've seen released here over the years. Very faithful to the original game and beautifully animated.

From what I can see the animations have some issues; lack of frames, weird transitions and positions of things like hands and feet, etc. It's not incredibly terrible work, but don't let one thing take away from the driving point:

but calling him talentless is straight out wrong.

This isn't wrong. You're wrong. Being talented would include crediting where credit is due, if you lack the talent to create from scratch. Being talented means being able to own up to the things you do instead of arbitrarily saying "everything was made by one company anyway, so no one else deserves credit."

lui

#106  July 10, 2018, 02:38:04 pm
    • USA
His Mack the Knife spritesheet is some of the best sprite work I've seen released here over the years. Very faithful to the original game and beautifully animated.

uh. its a frankenstein edit with alot, and i do mean ALOT of animation errors. it's animated like crap with very stiff, awkwardly edited anims with bad positioning and so forth.

not alot of effort put into it.

saying his stuff is the best stuff you've seen in years is really overselling it ESPECIALLY when there's been amazing spritesets that are LEAGUES better than his stuff released on this forum. CvS Gouken, CvS Mina Makijina, Cyber Blue, Axel Stone, Tiffany Lords from Rival Schools, Spider-woman, Electro, Michelle Heart, Pure and Fur, Saki, Jubilee, fucking Dormammu, Deadpool, All of Sean Atltly's stuff, Jin Kazama, etc. are soooo much better.

if that's really the bar you set for yourself, you really gotta look into these other sprite sets alot more.

DW

#107  July 10, 2018, 05:36:49 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I've seen a fair amount of authors quit due to people doing exactly this. Taking their work, barely editing it, deleting the original authors' name from the work and plastering their own name all over it, then try some cop out bullshit like this to justify it. People like you hurt this community more than anything. You act like you can't take a fucking second to include the original author's name. Yet you can take the time to delete their name and mass edit a bunch of shit. No, there's no rule against it, though it will NEVER be accepted. So, fuck you and anyone else who thinks they're so entitled to the hard work people put in to this.
#108  July 10, 2018, 08:18:43 pm
Maze... These guys were 100% right.
I used to like your chars, but now they aren't just good.

You have lost many fans and that's a problem.

Good luck on your own and one day, you will understand why.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#109  July 11, 2018, 01:18:59 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
His Mack the Knife spritesheet is some of the best sprite work I've seen released here over the years.

You must have not seen a lot, then.  Because even over a decade ago, there are characters with sprite work more amazing than that.

Like her:

You know what the best part is?  She's a completely original character; a very talented person made all her sprites from scratch, there's no editing and frankenspriting any existing company assets here.

On a side note, I guess she'd be one of the exceptions where Mr. Anonymous MUGEN Editor will actually credit her to her author instead of a company.
#110  July 11, 2018, 01:53:57 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
I remember him stealing my Gundam BA2 lifebar, don't know if he stealing more fromm me, but since his "work" didn't draw my attention and I don't follow the releases as I used to, I cant say. But when I said to him, "hey man, that's my lifebar and you just recolored it and you erased the author name" he replyied "I don't want the glory of being a creator". I realized he's a lost cause. Fuck, it's just about recognization like was told here before. If you're using someone work as base, what's the problem of a fucking mention? If he says he don't want the "glory" should be even easier to say "hey, it's that guy's work". What a sucker.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#111  July 11, 2018, 05:58:23 am
    • USA
And let's not forget when he uploaded an incomplete Edward Falcon. Incomplete because the spriter stopped working on him, but that didn't stop Mazemerald from making another half-assed character out of it.
#112  July 11, 2018, 06:51:22 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
His Mack the Knife spritesheet is some of the best sprite work I've seen released here over the years.

You must have not seen a lot, then.  Because even over a decade ago, there are characters with sprite work more amazing than that.

Like her:

You know what the best part is?  She's a completely original character; a very talented person made all her sprites from scratch, there's no editing and frankenspriting any existing company assets here.

On a side note, I guess she'd be one of the exceptions where Mr. Anonymous MUGEN Editor will actually credit her to her author instead of a company.

Other example: Dragon Claw, by Reu Ben Kee.
#113  July 11, 2018, 08:39:09 am
Baby Bonnie Hood, Walruslui, I agree that my post was a bit hyperbolic after checking fanart made by other guys mentioned in this topic. There are tons of awesome spritesheets released on this site that I wasn’t aware of. Still I like Mack the Knife sprite work and hope he won't give up on Ginzu sprites due to (hyperbolic, imo) criticism of his work on Mack.

This isn't wrong. You're wrong. Being talented would include crediting where credit is due, if you lack the talent to create from scratch.
Including credit is "not being an asshole". Can't see how being one makes you talentless.

Being talented means being able to own up to the things you do instead of arbitrarily saying "everything was made by one company anyway, so no one else deserves credit."
Again, that's what we call "not being weird/awkward" rather than being talented.
Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:32:36 am by K4thos
#114  July 11, 2018, 09:13:02 pm
Don't see why you guys just bashing this guy for non credit, especially since you know it's an edit.
It's not like you can just create a character with a few programs and  clicks. Also, how can he just go hunt for the source especially when starting out??
That's not how you start creating a character.

All of the creators/editors stole most of what's out there, to get where they are now. The Guild even gave Elecbyte a hard time. So, why bash this guy for his edits? It's there for you to use in his section. Good or not. You can use it.

Mugen Guild did a damn good job sorting all the fun stuff founded and created. So don't ban the guy, that's just BS.
Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:17:18 pm by Iori730
#115  July 11, 2018, 09:20:32 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
He knew the source, actively removed the credit, and tried to pass the entire work as his own
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#116  July 11, 2018, 10:25:37 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
No one cares about the permissions argument. if you are going to say, like he did, that he would actively remove the credits of anything as he reuploads it then you are just trying to muddy the waters and being an asshole to those before you.

Nothing prevents him from just admiting where his materials come from instead of acting as if its all a causality that just happens to not have readmes anymore.
#117  July 11, 2018, 11:39:33 pm
Nobody cares for the stealing/permissions part?? Iced? It was a big deal before though, Haha

-  Now we lost Chucho and Mazemerald.
  Guys, come on big deal. He tainted himself, but I still want to see editors/coders/Sounders,/cosplayers/M.Bison, making stuff here. And getting better.

Just the ban. No need, he was going to remove his name, and
Suggestion:
 Moderators put  a RED CAUTION tape near shady creators/artists?

Example:
"DR.DOOM REFUSES TO GIVE CREDIT, FOOT DIVE AT YOUR OWN RISK"

@Maze,
Just Add your name, not remove the original author name.
I want you to create, add more. MoARR. More power.

lui

#118  July 11, 2018, 11:57:58 pm
    • USA
permissions were removed as a requirement a long time ago, they led to some really toxic things going on.

again, credit ISNT required but if you're found out people will def egg on you for it,

maze wasnt specifically banned for either, he was banned for lying which IS against the rules and constantly talking down to people and basically just avoiding the actual issue, just like chucho
#119  July 12, 2018, 12:32:39 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#120  July 12, 2018, 12:40:28 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
And let's not forget when he uploaded an incomplete Edward Falcon. Incomplete because the spriter stopped working on him, but that didn't stop Mazemerald from making another half-assed character out of it.

Best was the time he ripped Beximus' Devilotte from his fullgame by cutting screenshots. Sloppily.