YesNoOk

So Monster Energy Drinks (Read 19648 times)

Started by GDM, November 10, 2014, 03:28:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: So Monster Energy Drinks
#41  November 11, 2014, 03:17:24 am
    • USA
God punished your lack of faith on Him by making you bald. :angel:

Keep disrespecting him and he'll make you fat next! :devil:
#42  November 11, 2014, 03:18:19 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#43  November 11, 2014, 03:22:22 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
You're generalizing and being somewhat disrespectful. Just a heads up before this starts to escalate into something big.

I really don't see how I'm doing that. I'm just stating some facts. So instead of escalating this, I'm going to spoiler that pic. If anyone gets upset, I'll remove it.
youre not stating any facts and you are generalizing when you make the statement that people force children to believe in god. also that picture is wholly disrespectful of faith and its significance. we dont look for salvation and the answers to our meaning in spiderman, santa and the easter bunny (but if you want to do that good on you.) dont discount the power theism has in giving people the answers they seek but cannot find. faith can be a great thing.

ps. im agnostic
#44  November 11, 2014, 03:37:02 am
Last thing that will be said about religion, God made religion Simple, it's the people who complicated it, nowhere was it ever said in any religion book that you should go waste your time on what you speculate to be a satanist message.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#45  November 11, 2014, 03:41:57 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Last thing that will be said about religion, God made religion Simple, it's the people who complicated it, nowhere was it ever said in any religion book that you should go waste your time on what you speculate to be a satanist message.

Sadly, that is the case. :-\
This is a generic forum signature.
#46  November 11, 2014, 03:44:25 am
  • Raging Fist
Very valid point.
Life used to be so simple. Whats with the complications?
#47  November 11, 2014, 03:45:41 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#48  November 11, 2014, 03:47:25 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Living is the most complicated thing about life, and it gets more complicated by the day.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#49  November 11, 2014, 04:06:07 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
^ I actually had to google that to make sure it wasn't already a known quote. Well said.
#50  November 11, 2014, 04:08:42 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Does the substance still taste like the shit of a pig afflicted with rabies, or are you just talkin bout the cain the video from the first post.? :P

The shit of a Pig afflicted with Rabies!! Thing is, I enjoy the taste with its zero sugar content. Its really the only variant I can stomach.

And above, I was stating fact with the whole geographical comment along with skull and crossbones society. Was I generalizing about religion and how it's forced on children?? Yes. But factually, religion, or even simple ideals, are forced upon children in some circumstances. Like this:

Hell, there was one time where during my early Jr year in Catholic High school, there was a friend of mine that was forced to believe in God by his parents. He had everything done upon him: Toys burned or thrown in trash because it was devil's work, had coffee enemas because he tried dating, you name it. He ended up running away from home with nothing but the clothes on his back and cash both saved and stolen from his parents. Haven't seen him since then. and to this day I wonder about him.
I am not a religious person, never have been and probably never will be. As much as I can tolerate for what you believe in there is a fine line for that. So please, to any of whom I trust here, don't go to the extremes. You will only make a fool of yourself and what you believe in.

Theism is a wonderful thing in the right circumstances and belief is definitely powerful. My point would be believe in the right thing for the right reasons under good, intelligible guidelines. Otherwise, we get people like the woman in the video above.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
Dunno if that's the way a GMod should act, but that's just me.
#51  November 11, 2014, 04:11:19 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I really don't see how I'm doing that. I'm just stating some facts.
Yeah uh, exactly what Umezono said, and again you're generalizing, I could just post a similar example involving some extremist atheist and also call my argument "stating facts".
And for the record I'm not religious but those kind of arguments really rub me off the wrong way (And by that I'm talking about yours, the two or three posts before yours AND  the video posted in the opening post)
You're being passive aggressive, trampling on other people's beliefs and condemning a whole religion just because some crazy person came up with a theory about some goddamn awful energy drink
#52  November 11, 2014, 04:17:51 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I'm not being passive aggressive. I'm trying to stay in context with replies while keeping in mind with what others are also trying to say. Religion is a touchy subject and the last thing I want to do is offend anyone. But you also can't agree with everyone either, so factor in agreement with a sensitive, varied topic like religion, there's ultimately going to be a lot of debate regardless of who says what. I removed that image as well.

Carry on.

#53  November 11, 2014, 04:21:32 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
You're being passive aggressive, trampling on other people's beliefs and condemning a whole religion just because some crazy person came up with a theory about some goddamn awful energy drink

Now that's a bit too much. I think we both know Saikoro didn't mean harm with his comment, he's like one of the nicest guys around here. He made a comment without necessarily taking into account how it could be taken as offensive, and immediately took steps to rectify it as to protect sensitive ears. The harshness isn't really necessary.
#54  November 11, 2014, 04:22:49 am
#55  November 11, 2014, 04:23:37 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com

Now that's a bit too much. I think we both know Saikoro didn't mean harm with his comment, he's like one of the nicest guys around here. He made a comment without necessarily taking into account how it could be taken as offensive, and immediately took steps to rectify it as to protect sensitive ears. The harshness isn't really necessary.
say what you like about saikoro, his comments were pretty insensitive even if they are well meaning. the comic book shit was especially dumb and offensive.

one example does not constitute fact, going by saikoro logic the fact my hindu mother was okay with me not actively practicing the religion and eating beef would completely contradict the statement.

and the lady in the video is simply a bit nuts. different interpretation of religion does not guarantee a crazy bible thumper or islamic fascist. theres no guidelines for good or bad religion. it comes down to individual interpretation
#56  November 11, 2014, 04:27:26 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I LOL'd a lot when she said "the marks in M logo are the number 6 in hebrew, so that's a 666" *sounds Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast on background*

Considering the video, I think that woman is a mormon or a Jehova's Witness, there's no other options here. Also, I agree about stupidity doesn't connect with religion, there're smart religious people as well stupid religious people, same with atheists

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#57  November 11, 2014, 04:30:21 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
anti's threads always deliver don't they?
#58  November 11, 2014, 04:35:03 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
The hazing continues. >:(

In some cases, yes, it is highly frowned upon. From experience, Roman Catholics will freak out if you eat meat on Fridays or Christmas eve. These are old school examples, but yes, that is true to some extent.

Problem is, there are so many varied beliefs now, it's hard to nail one specific belief's etymology. Some people adhere to the new testament and others are strictly old testament. Some people claim that the King James Bible is the only version you should read. There are even people who do IN FACT follow Christianity but do not believe in god. Google it. There's a lot of search hits.

Problem is, you get one sided, simple minded people like that crazy woman who refuse to listen to someone's opinion and immediately freak out and disapprove your stance.

And I really don't see how my comments are insensitive. In that case, let's bash Basara for assuming she's a Mormon or Jehovas Witness without providing proof.

#59  November 11, 2014, 04:42:43 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
How about we not bash anyone and all bond over drinks

Monster Martinis all around, on me.
#60  November 11, 2014, 04:44:01 am
  • (´ー`)ノ