YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1556996 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 2)
#41  December 17, 2011, 11:44:21 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I've using this tool for almost one year, to make chars, stages, addons. Everything you've downloaded from me on this year was made on Fighter Factory 3.
So...please, try the tool before to judge.

I will point some new cool stuff:

- SFFv2 support for mugen 1.0 and for the Mugen 1.1 (PNG 24bits - and with alpha transparency - will only work on Mugen 1.1)

- Layered image editor, like photoshop

- Split 24bit color images into 8 bits RGB channels, to create stages using the RGB method

- Code syntax check

- You can say to FF3 use the same CLSN everytime it encounters a specific frame, for example. So you draw CLSN for the frame 0,3 and everytime you use this frame, FF3 will copy its clsn if you want

And many more. You should try it :)

I hope this will increase the number of Mugen 1.0 stuff.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 2)
#42  December 18, 2011, 12:23:39 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Holy shit I had no idea about the image editor being THAT advanced.

You might as well be making us pay to use this ;P
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 3)
#43  December 18, 2011, 12:45:12 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Yeah, you can edit stages too, but:
Fighter factory is not for editing mugens source code allowing stages to have functionality that they don't have.

Holy shit I had no idea about the image editor being THAT advanced.

You might as well be making us pay to use this ;P
I'll post the pay pal donate link soon  :P
It lacks some functions but seems to nice. I'm planning to make a function that generates/update a group of sprites, one for each layer. I think it will be useful for pixel art animation, all frames as layers.

New update in the first post. Now everyone can test that Gill inside FF3.  ;D

Also, That Gill is filled with duplicate palettes for an incomprehensive reason.
Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:50:51 am by VirtuallTek
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 3)
#44  December 18, 2011, 12:57:44 am
  • I shall give mah kids an equal amount of gifts
    • Mexico
    • www.youtube.com/ShinMagusMUGEN
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Oh god, fuck yeah, that's amazing, so I don't need to use PS for the goddamn RGB method! ^^

Burn to fight!
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 3 + Linux)
#45  December 18, 2011, 03:34:57 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Linux version? yeah.
And do you still think to release a Mac version?
#46  December 18, 2011, 05:13:35 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Can you still edit the things in the sctrl list on the fly? It's not a quick button but i might be missing something. Pulled over my stuff from FFC.

Also, i have recreated the oldschool MCM like crosshair that has been dropped if anyone is interested.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#47  December 18, 2011, 05:20:53 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
- You can say to FF3 use the same CLSN everytime it encounters a specific frame, for example. So you draw CLSN for the frame 0,3 and everytime you use this frame, FF3 will copy its clsn if you want

Okay this is fucking amazing!

I will test the tool now that I'm coding a couple of things.

Question. In FFC I was able to quickly switch palettes using the tool bar on the right, changing the palette also allowed me to work using that palette in the air editor.

I can't seem to find such a function here, and I use it a lot to double check proper coloring on effects. Will this be added in the future?
Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:45:00 am by Vans
#48  December 18, 2011, 06:01:21 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
Can you still edit the things in the sctrl list on the fly? It's not a quick button but i might be missing something. Pulled over my stuff from FFC.

Also, i have recreated the oldschool MCM like crosshair that has been dropped if anyone is interested.

Yes, you can.

And you can do even more: you can use the script editor to do your on block of codes:

on VIEW menu, click on TEXT TOOLBAR (it will be avaliable just if you open a char, not a stage).
You can use a premade code:

or make/edit your own

Question. In FFC I was able to quickly switch palettes using the tool bar on the right, changing the palette also allowed me to work using that palette in the air editor.

er...isn't at the right?

to see all the sprite with this palette, you need to uncheck the "switch to the sprite palette" option
#49  December 18, 2011, 06:06:35 am
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
and we have a full script editor tool, under tools, which uses Lua:
#50  December 18, 2011, 06:22:45 am
I'm a fucking moron.  :'(
#51  December 18, 2011, 06:24:13 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
to see all the sprite with this palette, you need to uncheck the "switch to the sprite palette" option

? Maybe I am not doing it properly?

Whenever I change to the air editor the palette always changes back to palette 1. SFF editor shows whatever palette I selected, but the air editor does not change.

The only option I see here is hard palette remapping on the sprites, which is out of the question for me.
#52  December 18, 2011, 07:15:23 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/gabe687?feature=mhum
Oh... I had to make a custom Sctrl before the Create new, edit and delete buttons show'd up in the Sctrl list.

I don't know why they weren't there by default but ok.
#53  December 18, 2011, 02:23:44 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I forgot to unlock the sctrl edit buttons, I accidentally linked it to the Text toolbar. Will be available in the next update.

About the palette in AIR, use the palette remap function in the Palettes menu (or SFF palette editor). This function is for preview purposes only, it not will redirect any palette.
Eg.: Add an item in the remap list, edit src to 1,1 and dst to 1,2. Then, all sprites that uses the 1,1 palette will be viewed in the SFF and AIR with the 1,2 palette. And all save functions will use the remapped palette too, like GIF.
#54  December 18, 2011, 02:49:49 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
wow this is just amazing: i'm just gonna not sleep anymore with this genius program!

thank you
#55  December 19, 2011, 12:11:18 am
The search function in the AIR editor is not working for me, it just changes to the next anim each time

Also, I haven't found the way to reproduce it, but sometimes ff3 has removed the default param for the clsn boxes (the thing to make the clsn to be repeated in the whole anim)
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 4 + Linux)
#56  December 19, 2011, 01:20:34 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
New update in the first post.

Fixed some things including the AIR search. About the CLSN def I can't reproduce too.
Unlocked a thing that will make Rajaa happy  ;D

Thanks Juano  :sugoi:
#57  December 19, 2011, 03:09:58 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Also, how about instead, when you hit the - on the left for Statedef, it instead collapses the entire state? I think that'd be more useful than just collapsing the statedef in itself...
#58  December 19, 2011, 03:17:51 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Yeah, was supposed to be so, but I probably changed something  ;D

I'll take a look.

Thanks!
#59  December 19, 2011, 05:40:13 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Well, just finished this semester and came back here to check what was going on, and...

Oh, this is great, finally we can have the open beta!!!

Yeah, was supposed to be so, but I probably changed something  ;D

I'll take a look.

Thanks!

No... thank you!!!

Now let's see... my very first impression of this:
Just unzipped it and patched it... it works out of the box, great! I bet this is also very portable as I'm using Windows XP. I'll give the linux version a try once I have time.  Quite an awesome work!
Hey, help is in HTML format, so... FF 3.0 reads HTML like a web browser?  :S wow.
Just noticed it when closing the help menu: Since I didn't open anything yet, every time I click it, the tab that says "Project 1" increases it's number. I've been clicking it for fun, now it says "Project 45" I wonder if I can overflow the value if I get beyond 100... wait no, it still goes up.
OK now some serious test:

Yes! it can load my chars... but... what's this strange error message? it looks like this:

uzero.def (1140): Unexpected token "- code ends before line.

in both cases the last line of the animation looks like this:

-1,0, 0,0, -1

Besides of that, well, the animations section doesn't load the char's .air file, it only loads the intro animation in their .def files, and for some chars it doesn't show the correct sprites for those (when the intro takes sprites from another SFF file that isn't the char SFF), it shows the char's SFF sprites instead. Also, in those cases, the states and all CNS code is nowhere to be found.

The palette quick switching is awesome, but has a small bad flaw: it doesn't stay in the current selected palette like FF classic would, so you have to change it for each sprite or animation. I guess that's it for today. probably I still need to get used to the new FF.
#60  December 19, 2011, 12:08:01 pm
Also thing which I don't understand. For example Y-coordinate, in MUGEN positive values move the sprite below.
But in Fighter Factory it's reversed, not very comfortable to work. May be you can add option to reverse X,Y axes like in MUGEN?
Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:32:19 pm by Le@N