YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1071951 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (inspired)
#601  July 27, 2015, 06:52:49 pm
    • Canada

I hope this helps you out, Flashshello. Still lots of work needed. Try and keep one of Balthazar's sprites next to your sprite while you're drawing.

Jimbosan, perhaps this sprite by Daeron can help you:
#602  July 27, 2015, 07:31:05 pm
    • USA
    • jamesbochanski@gmail.com
Wow. Yea, that's really good. Uh... I wonder then if maybe there's no point in me working on the piece I was if this already exists....
Just one thing tho, Krilin's got Beedy eyes. The "whites" of his eyes usually match his skin tone. Otherwise, I've got nothing on this guy.

Do you guys keep production for HDBZ exclusive to a set slew of artists?
I'm interested in contributing to the project, but if the kitchen's got enough chef's. It won't hurt my feelings & I'll just move on.

Ultimately, I understand that these things take time, I love the work so much that I'm willing to contribute some of my own to your efforts. If there's ANY thing that you can think of that my skills can add to the work. Consider my abilities at your disposal free of charge. I'd say overall that I'm an animator first and a spriter second... Idk if the animator has to be the spriter too, but if not. I wouldn't mind contributing key poses, breakdowns, OR even just doing cleanup for the key frame artists.

If not, that's fine. Maybe I'll start my own project or something.
#603  July 27, 2015, 07:50:20 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
jimboSan

tone. Otherwise, I've got nothing on this guy.
Do you guys keep production for HDBZ exclusive to a set slew of artists?
I'm interested in contributing to the project, but if the kitchen's got enough chef's. It won't hurt my feelings & I'll just move on.

I don't think you should have that mindset. I think any full-game project is willing to take any contribution. With a bit of practice and advice from the HDBZ elders, you'll be cooking something up for this project in no time. :)

Ultimately, I understand that these things take time, I love the work so much that I'm willing to contribute some of my own to your efforts. If there's ANY thing that you can think of that my skills can add to the work. Consider my abilities at your disposal free of charge. I'd say overall that I'm an animator first and a spriter second... Idk if the animator has to be the spriter too, but if not. I wouldn't mind contributing key poses, breakdowns, OR even just doing cleanup for the key frame artists.

Most of the time, a pixel artist needs spriting and animation under hi sleeves, but I think you can contribute with animation by making sheets of animations, similar to these:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Think about this way. By creating these wireframe poses, you basically assisting in cutting the amount of time it takes to create an animation by... half maybe? That would make a great contribution regardless.

If you're super interested, why not talk to Iced or Balthazar or HQ via PM? I even tagged them for you so they can see this.

In any case, if you do join the HDBZ project, I can't wait to see what you do (maybe Broly or Beerus, oh please God Almighty ;D)

Best of luck. :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#604  July 27, 2015, 08:08:46 pm
    • Canada
-

Practice practice practice. This is how much I improved after a couple months with the guys on this forum:
---->

Put your heart into this and maybe you'll get similar results. There's lots of people here willing to help you improve.
#605  July 27, 2015, 09:03:00 pm
    • USA
    • dc2001@charter.net
Just one thing tho, Krilin's got Beedy eyes. The "whites" of his eyes usually match his skin tone. Otherwise, I've got nothing on this guy.

Krillin's eyes are suppose to be like the manga's design of the character.

#606  July 27, 2015, 10:03:57 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Well, how did I do? Also, if possible, I'd love me some critique on the hair, it was a huge pain in the ass for me, thanks.
#607  July 27, 2015, 10:15:35 pm
    • Canada
I'm not great at doing the SSJ hair, but I will point out that some of your outlines should be closed off (especially on the lighter shades).

Also you could post the original sprite to help with the comparison.
#608  July 27, 2015, 10:42:20 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm not great at doing the SSJ hair, but I will point out that some of your outlines should be closed off (especially on the lighter shades).

Also you could post the original sprite to help with the comparison.

Will remember that part for next time.

I used these two as refs for certain parts:

1. Almost 99% of my Broly:

2. The left (viewer) arm:

The only parts of my sprite I actually like are the gauntlets, hands, torso, and feet. The rest, I feel like I messed up somewhere.
#609  July 28, 2015, 01:54:40 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Broli looks good with the God Rugal stance XD
#610  July 28, 2015, 04:43:19 am
  • Amature Spriter, Voice Pack Maker, Friend.

couldn't ignore his silent screams of agony lol. fixed his head postion and his eyes.
as for the lighting on his left side try using a less bright blue shade.
goodluck man :)

I hope this helps you out, Flashshello. Still lots of work needed. Try and keep one of Balthazar's sprites next to your sprite while you're drawing.

Man, both are impressive, especially you Barker. But I guess I'll be sticking with editing capcom style sprites. lol

@Gennos- I actually used the same colors Balthazar used for his Superman sprite/

@Barker- I did use a reference in size, I had a sprite of Goku standing shirtless in SSJ mode, to compare the two sizes.

Well, time to get back to my Reverse Flash WIP. Thanks guys, take care. Good luck with your projects. :)
#611  July 29, 2015, 11:25:53 am

It looks good. Not too Z2 styled, it would actually make for a different style of its own.
Be careful about the shading on his right (viewer's left) knee, it gives a wrong impression: his knee is facing us, but the foot is facing left.
#612  July 29, 2015, 11:54:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Well you have talent but you need training. Focus on improving yourself adn im sure you could pull off most things you aimed to.
#613  August 07, 2015, 11:44:21 pm
    • Canada

An attempt at a Broly conversion. No resize here (except for his little baby feet they gave him), as I think this size works for Z2 quite nicely.
Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:52:20 pm by Barker
#614  August 07, 2015, 11:56:01 pm
i see you're using the palette of the Z2 Sprite balth did, it looks really good but the hair here is too bright IMO. and i like how you gave him big facial features, very fitting of the Z2 style.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#615  August 08, 2015, 12:07:49 am
    • Canada
#616  August 08, 2015, 12:22:24 am
im not sure if bright is the right word, but it doesn't look green, it's more like pale blonde.
in the sprite balth did:

the bright green color is more noticeable.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#617  August 08, 2015, 12:28:04 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hmm that looks better than my conversion Barker. Great job!! :)
#618  August 08, 2015, 04:36:37 pm
    • Canada
Thanks ^.^   My conversion is more basic, I stuck very close to the original EB sprite. Maybe this comparison is more fair? :

#619  August 23, 2015, 05:20:06 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
I made Android 17

the head was made by zero de armentis

lui

#620  August 23, 2015, 06:34:57 am
    • USA
his hands and feet are too small for it to be Z2, but still, nice work indeed.