YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1081862 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (inspired)
#701  December 13, 2015, 02:23:57 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain

Goku ssj4
#702  December 14, 2015, 02:02:39 pm
  • Bad Personal Text? Nah...Bad you!
    • Canada
Dammmmmmmn that looks beautiful
#703  December 15, 2015, 03:06:03 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:10:45 pm by X-Sky-X
#704  December 15, 2015, 06:14:19 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Good Christ, calm down with your wishing. It's not cool to loudly request things out of nowhere like that.

But yeah, great sprite. His pecks just look a little bit flat and could use some more shading to give them more depth, but it's still really great.

Shit
#705  December 15, 2015, 06:29:42 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Hope you don't mind Daeron, I made some fixes of my own to practice sprite detailing, and to see if I can still nail this style.

Nothing much, but I think it makes a difference. ;)
This is a generic forum signature.
#706  December 15, 2015, 06:32:57 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The chest certainly looks better now. Although as far as I know, nipples are supposed to be lower than that, and you might want to make them a bit darker.

Shit
#707  December 15, 2015, 06:34:47 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
#708  December 16, 2015, 09:54:47 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Good Christ, calm down with your wishing. It's not cool to loudly request things out of nowhere like that.

But yeah, great sprite. His pecks just look a little bit flat and could use some more shading to give them more depth, but it's still really great.

i was kidding lol with slight seriousness
#709  December 29, 2015, 11:30:42 pm
    • USA
Well Im lazy so I did only 3 frames lol but Im proud for my first time doing animations taking my time :D I know the right hand is very weird. Oh and credit to Balthazar for the Concept Art of Krillin!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

EDIT:
I did some more I know the belt is a little too skinny and it feel like it need 1 more frame to  fix it up and run a little more smooth lol also after 4 loops he will blink!

EDIT:
Did a super Lazy Charge state lol I was going to do the pants thing but I cant Im trying to do This for the Krillin lol
Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:02:49 am by KomuruZukitaki
#710  December 30, 2015, 04:34:45 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Well Im lazy so I did only 3 frames lol but Im proud for my first time doing animations taking my time :D I know the right hand is very weird. Oh and credit to Balthazar for the Concept Art of Krillin!

EDIT:
I did some more I know the belt is a little too skinny and it feel like it need 1 more frame to  fix it up and run a little more smooth lol also after 4 loops he will blink!

What you did here is pretty good, though i fixed up a couple things for you

#711  December 30, 2015, 05:04:33 am
    • USA
Pretty Good man :D What program do you use? I used GIMP but it's still pretty confusing
#712  December 30, 2015, 05:06:42 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:13:27 am by likiji123
#713  December 30, 2015, 05:07:28 am
    • USA
Really? :o Oh and btw do u think u can do the Charge Animation?
#714  January 01, 2016, 12:23:21 am
    • Portugal
#715  January 01, 2016, 02:20:04 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Line art is still too rough, you got to to work on that mate, and shading as well. Since he's wearing some form of cloth, bends should seep into the lights.

Make use of all the colors you have, don't just limit one color to one job. For instance, use the mid-tones sparingly, like in CvS2 sprites, don't just limit them to an anti-aliasing job for the lights.

Certain body parts need correction, the hands, and feet most notably. And I believe he's missing some detail, such as the Asian emblem (IDK if its Chinese or Japanese, but I'm leaning toward the former, considering his name is Tao), are missing.

Take a look at this before/after, and see what you can apply to your future sprites. I'm sure with lots of practice/patience, you can do better:

#716  January 01, 2016, 04:07:01 am
    • Portugal
Line art is still too rough, you got to to work on that mate, and shading as well. Since he's wearing some form of cloth, bends should seep into the lights.

Make use of all the colors you have, don't just limit one color to one job. For instance, use the mid-tones sparingly, like in CvS2 sprites, don't just limit them to an anti-aliasing job for the lights.

Certain body parts need correction, the hands, and feet most notably. And I believe he's missing some detail, such as the Asian emblem (IDK if its Chinese or Japanese, but I'm leaning toward the former, considering his name is Tao), are missing.

Take a look at this before/after, and see what you can apply to your future sprites. I'm sure with lots of practice/patience, you can do better:

Thanks!

I tried to make some corrections based on your sprite:

I only used the midtones as anti-aliasing because I used Goku Z2 sprites as a reference, but looking at newer Z2 sprites I can see it's used more now
The emblem I didn't do because I though the kanji wouldn't look good in a sprite of this size, but I added it in and I think it came out decent =)
#717  January 01, 2016, 05:29:23 am
    • USA
This is my first time doing a trace. This is cooler from Dragonball Z Shin Budokai I shaded it all by myself except the Feet Hands and Tail (Those all came from Frieza) I know I cant do hands, feet, nor tails. But the outcome is really good to me I'm also not sure if it's Z2 Style so let me know what y'all think!

#718  January 01, 2016, 02:06:46 pm

I haven't finished editing it, but you can see how I worked from your sprite:

The lower part of his uniform should not receive light by the way.

This is my first time doing a trace. This is cooler from Dragonball Z Shin Budokai I shaded it all by myself except the Feet Hands and Tail (Those all came from Frieza) I know I cant do hands, feet, nor tails. But the outcome is really good to me I'm also not sure if it's Z2 Style so let me know what y'all think!

The base is good.
- Now think about the lightsource. Since the light comes from above, like the tail and the hands, his body's shading must be changed.
- Also the left foot (viewer's right) looks bigger than his right foot (viewer's left). Keep the right foot (viewer's left) and fix the left foot (viewer's right).
- His eye also looks too big.
- Another thing I've just remembered, be sure to check his height with FreezaZ2 and GokuZ2.
Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 11:29:39 am by AlexSin
#719  January 01, 2016, 03:08:16 pm
    • Portugal

I haven't finished editing it, but you can see how I worked from your sprite:

The lower part of his uniform should not receive light by the way.

More fixes:
I edited the face using yours as a reference

I tried not putting light in the lower part of his uniform, but I think mine looked a bit bland(?) without it, so I added in some shading with the midtones

Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:03:56 pm by AlexSin
#720  January 01, 2016, 03:37:40 pm
Oh, well, I finished my edit:
Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 11:29:51 am by AlexSin