YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734358 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1761  November 06, 2019, 08:02:43 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
I woke up this morning to the news that Mai Shiranui won't appear in Smash at all, not even a spirit. While I am disappointed, I cannot blame the staff for doing the right thing: Smash is for all ages, and Mai's sexuality is very distracting. It could have been a major issue for ESPN/Disney, since I do recall some of their tournaments getting aired on television sometimes - and supposedly I'll have to throw in Nickelodeon as another network that airs Smash in some capacity.

It's just gonna be really weird where, when you read into the list of spirits, every SNK character will be represented except for Mai. At least I can take solace in that she is on Nintendo via SNK Heroines. It's just mixed feelings for me.
#1762  November 06, 2019, 08:11:47 pm
it was a CERO rating issue. the amount of skin shown is a big deal. it's why some artwork had to be edited. default outfit mai wasn't gonna fly

#1763  November 06, 2019, 08:12:46 pm
    • Brazil
So the Doomguy geno leak is still up
And its timed like the ken leak

This TGA is going to be a fuckfest.
There was never a leak, just random speculation based on absolutely nothing and completely devoid of logic.
#1764  November 06, 2019, 08:15:45 pm
how is the leak/fake nothing.

until someone makes a convincing mii outfit mod, or until the fifth fighter is revealed and has nothing to do with mario rpg or bethesda, it's valid
#1765  November 06, 2019, 08:24:23 pm
    • Brazil

until someone makes a convincing mii outfit mod, or until the fifth fighter is revealed and has nothing to do with mario rpg or bethesda, it's valid
Because it wasn't an actual leak of Doomguy or Geno. It was, supposedly, a leak of Mii costumes for characters from the same games as them, and the leak for the COSTUMES is actually valid, but implying that those costumes indicate that Doomguy and Geno will be DLC is just random speculation and have no logic behind it, we have Mii costumes from characters whose franchises have no official fighter added, like having a Sans costume without any playable character from Undertale, so those leaked costumes don't indicate the inclusion of anything other than themselves.
#1766  November 06, 2019, 09:11:40 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole

Because it wasn't an actual leak of Doomguy or Geno. It was, supposedly, a leak of Mii costumes for characters from the same games as them, and the leak for the COSTUMES is actually valid, but implying that those costumes indicate that Doomguy and Geno will be DLC is just random speculation and have no logic behind it, we have Mii costumes from characters whose franchises have no official fighter added, like having a Sans costume without any playable character from Undertale, so those leaked costumes don't indicate the inclusion of anything other than themselves.

IF i were to speculate
Cacodemon will be a hat exclusive for the DLC
For Mii that will come with this package we have Commander Keen, the LDB or any TES character, Ranger, BJ and Vault Boy

#1767  November 06, 2019, 10:59:16 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it was a CERO rating issue. the amount of skin shown is a big deal. it's why some artwork had to be edited. default outfit mai wasn't gonna fly

While they coudl ahve used any of mai's alt outfits (I really do like the garoou and dom ones) that would not be her iconic outfit so it would be an even worse decision.
#1768  November 06, 2019, 11:59:21 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yup cause a lot of people are complaining on twitter about Mai, but in the end, they have to worry about CERO first. I love all the stuff in this DLC pack, you can tell Sakurai was marking out when he was working on Terry.
#1769  November 07, 2019, 02:38:29 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Seems like SNK was super excited to have their stuff represented in Smash. The KOF stage featured a lot of characters from the SNK universe, we have a nice handful of spirits and on top of that, we got 50 tracks from SNK for Smash with some Metal Slug OG and New Mixes among them. I LOVE the new mix of the Metal Slug theme.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1770  November 07, 2019, 03:25:57 am
we have Mii costumes from characters whose franchises have no official fighter added, like having a Sans costume without any playable character from Undertale
that's exactly why the leaked mii costumes are suspicious. when the sans costume was revealed nobody thought there would be a playable undertale character because sans is the game's most popular character and the mii fighter is as far as that game's representation in smash will go. same with the xenoblade 2 character, chibi robo, goemon, etc. the reason people believe geno or doom guy will be playable is because both games would be better represented in mii costumes by geno and doomguy instead of mallow and a cacodemon.

like i already said, it's possible there are also geno and doomguy mii outfits but the leaker just didn't show them, or the whole thing is just a mod. but the previous mii fighters argument makes little sense considering these are secondary characters getting outfits

lui

#1771  November 07, 2019, 03:26:51 am
    • USA
titiln when are you gonna make a fake doomguy screenshot to spread more oil to the fire
#1772  November 07, 2019, 06:23:17 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
one thing I noticed was that there was no mention of a final smash for Terry, unless his supers are the final smashes
#1773  November 07, 2019, 06:31:04 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
You might want to watch the whole thing again. Yes, all 45 minutes of it. His Final Smash was mentioned.
#1774  November 07, 2019, 05:37:01 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
No Marco Mii Gunner is so unfortunate but...

Even though Rock Howard's Theme from Garou MOTW, K's Team music from most KoF games and London Stage music from CVS2 didn't make it, 50 songs from SNK games puts in BIG shame Square Enix since they're still so strict to share almost anything.
This is fate.
#1775  November 07, 2019, 11:27:23 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Yea, I wouldn't expect Rock's MOTW theme to come back due to the tribute it has in it. It's why he had a new song made for KOF14.
K' got two of his team themes in and CvS2 is a Capcom game.
#1776  November 07, 2019, 11:41:49 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
From eariler, UT also got that character's theme as well for some reason. Not sure where it plays or why it's in, but it's there too...

If heavily loved and memed songs have chances, I would like to see anything from Initial D. I believe it was an arcade game foremost, correct me if I'm wrong.
#1777  November 08, 2019, 12:08:35 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
It came with the costume. They're not going to start adding random music to the game, especially not from a video game adaptation of an anime.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1778  November 08, 2019, 12:46:40 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah, despite what it could look like at first glance, this game isn't MUGEN.
#1779  November 08, 2019, 11:55:06 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
My bad did not know Intial D was an anime. I just knew it had a wild amount of meme parodies like Megalosomething.

Yeah, Smash Ultimate has nothing on Mugen as well.
#1780  November 09, 2019, 11:47:06 pm
It is sad that Mai couldn't make it in.
I've seen censored versions of her costume that would have worked fine.