YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 801994 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#481  July 02, 2015, 11:39:06 am
    • USA
Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:48:50 am by -Red-
#482  July 02, 2015, 07:16:51 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
#483  July 02, 2015, 07:29:26 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#484  July 02, 2015, 07:46:17 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
That biased train never stops...

Seriously, the most hype I've seen for Marvel these days is whenever Chris G or Justin Wong loses...

Nope. Marvel has been the most viewed game at Evo for 4 straight years.

DAT BIAS.
#485  July 02, 2015, 11:46:56 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Melee on Sunday haha, that'll give me time to get some lunch or maybe plain leave the venue after Xrd. I won't even be on the main hall anyways.

People at this rate knows EVO is mainly adds games based on how much the companies pay for them
Yeah I almost want to say that P4U is there only thanks to Atlus.

Marvel 2 is a different beast because it was done at time where there really wasn't much competition that was established as hard as Marvel 2 was and also no real way to get patches and everything.
Well, it's that and the fact that there weren't many fighting games back then so those games stayed relevant for a handful of years. Now? Not so much.
#486  July 03, 2015, 12:22:22 am
is there anything that legally prevents Capcom from making an mvc styled game with just it's proprieties? an actual All-Star Capcom.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#487  July 03, 2015, 12:27:54 am
... Of course not. Why would there be any legal issues over stuff they own.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:43:07 am by DKDC
#488  July 03, 2015, 12:40:52 am
i just thought the gameplay system itself was also part of the license.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#489  July 03, 2015, 12:42:59 am
... In the sense that Capcom, who created the engine and system, sold the licence for it to... themselves ? No, that isn't how legal works. Marvel gives Capcom the right to use names and designs under conditions, that's where the licence agreement is.

Horizon Zero Dawn

That game looks amazing. Too bad it's not getting a lot of coverage (despite having a badass chick as the player character, where are you, SJ gaming journalists, why are you not all over this game).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#490  July 03, 2015, 01:15:51 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
So is Smash Bros Melee basically the pissbreak segment now?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#491  July 03, 2015, 01:21:17 am
not really because melee usually draws in large amounts of stream viewers. unless you don't like smash in that case yes it's a piss and dump break
#492  July 03, 2015, 01:25:56 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
i enjoy watching high level play and im glad they went with melee instead of smash 4
#493  July 03, 2015, 01:31:53 am
i think it's good to not have smash 4 and melee next to eachother. gives a break to people that love or hate smash
#494  July 03, 2015, 01:38:58 am
Smash 4 will probably cap off Saturday night, which would be a good move in it's own right.
#495  July 03, 2015, 03:39:51 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#496  July 03, 2015, 04:29:08 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
That biased train never stops...

Seriously, the most hype I've seen for Marvel these days is whenever Chris G or Justin Wong loses...

Nope. Marvel has been the most viewed game at Evo for 4 straight years.

DAT BIAS.

Should have been a tad more clear on that. I remember going on FSD and checking what games would be on EVO and Mr.Wizard pretty much gave out stupid reasons for why certain games would be on the stage floor and why some wouldn't(When we know the main reason is cash). And Marvel 3 was given a ridiculous reason for why it's still on the main floor despite the fact that people are kinda getting sick of seeing it(Mainly for the reasons S.D. pointed out). I believe more people want different games on the floor rather than the same old so atleast there can finally be some different types of exposure.

Melee on Sunday haha, that'll give me time to get some lunch or maybe plain leave the venue after Xrd. I won't even be on the main hall anyways.

People at this rate knows EVO is mainly adds games based on how much the companies pay for them
Yeah I almost want to say that P4U is there only thanks to Atlus.

Yep and why Chrono Phantasma isn't going on despite how it had the greatest comeback in EVO history(I know, they didn't want the 2.0 update but come the fuck on, the 2.0 update came out in Japan months ago and even then, they couldn't get the game WITHOUT the update? They obviously won't play online on the stage floor)

Marvel 2 is a different beast because it was done at time where there really wasn't much competition that was established as hard as Marvel 2 was and also no real way to get patches and everything.

Well, it's that and the fact that there weren't many fighting games back then so those games stayed relevant for a handful of years. Now? Not so much.
Of course. The last 10 years has mainly been Capcom dominated even with the typical Tekken, DOA and SC coming out from time to time. It doesn't help that Marvel 2 just looked alot more fun to play and wasn't as broken in the actual fighting aspect(From what I've been told, only Iron Man had a reliable instant kill combo unlike Marvel 3 where everyone had one) so the game was able to thrive.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#497  July 04, 2015, 12:41:54 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Marvel is the most viewed because it's always on prime time, by the time SFIV finals roll around it's super late on the East coast and people who have responsibilities just stop watching (And it's still considered as the biggest event, bigger than Marvel).
But yeah it's as simple as that, I mean sure there's some interesting moments (Everyone cheering from JWong last year) but the fact that it's the most viewed because it's on prime time is pretty obvious.

Mr.Wizard is dumb and has been doing his usual retarded posts on twitter about stuff like Xrd being less important thank MKX, He said that the time slots were decided because of prize pools and entries.. when the numbers don't lie and Xrd has more entries and a bigger prize pool than both Marvel and MKX but hey, WB money, plus we all know that he always gives anime games an early slot, same for games he doesn't care about like KOF and Tekken.
And no disrespect to the MK community by the way, but I know a handful of big name players that are just dropping MKX for a very good reason https://www.facebook.com/Viscant/posts/879280042148772
Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:18:53 am by S.D.
#498  July 04, 2015, 01:32:25 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Marvel is the most viewed because it's always on prime time, by the time SFIV finals toll around it's super late on the East coast and people who have responsibilities just stop watching (And it's still considered as the biggest event, bigger than Marvel).
But yeah it's as simple as that, I mean sure there's some interesting moments (Everyone cheering from JWong last year) but the fact that it's the most viewed because it's on prime time is pretty obvious.
Yeah that makes sense honestly. So they are mainly FORCING Marvel 3 to be extremely successful rather than use that time and get another game some much needed exposure or Prime Time...figures.

Mr.Wizard is dumb and has been doing his usual retarded posts on twitter about stuff like Xrd being less important thank MKX, He said that the time slots were decided because of prize pools and entries.. when the numbers don't lie and Xrd has more entries and a bigger prize pool than both Marvel and MKX but hey, WB money, plus we all know that he always gives anime games an early slot, same for games he doesn't care about like KOF and Tekken.
And no disrespect to the MK community by the way, but I know a handful of big name players that are just dropping MKX for a very good reason https://www.facebook.com/Viscant/posts/879280042148772
It was the same thing for Blazblue last year(wasn't it a 1$ million dollar pot or something?) and yes, considering the crazy ass stuff that happened then, I still feel it's ridiculous that people aren't being a bit more irate about stuff like that...

And yeah, that's the same reason why people left Injustice and MK9 and NRS is doing the EXACT SAME MISTAKE. Hell, I looked at a certain Youtuber's video discussing this week's patch notes and plenty of people on the comments state that they are sure that people are gonna leave MKX too/Gonna leave the game.

#499  July 04, 2015, 01:53:00 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, at least now I know why people were complaining so loudly about this specific mk patch.
#500  July 04, 2015, 03:37:13 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA

I can understand where dude was coming from because thats how i felt when TJ Combo was being changed all the damn time in KI to the point where specific commands don't cooperate the same anymore which imo screwed him up but i still play KI since hes not the only character i use.
Point is sonya hasn't really been nerfed or have been changed in that recent update so why the fuck is dude worried about it.
Tanya needed those nerfs and Kitana actually needed those buffs. Balancing a game is not a easy task to do especially with that many characters in the roster.
Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:40:49 am by Insigniawarfare