YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 770275 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#501  July 04, 2015, 03:44:43 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Point is sonya hasn't really been nerfed or have been changed in that recent update so why the fuck is dude worried about it.
Did you read the rest of his post? Because Viscant acknowledges that Sonya is still good but also explains the huge issue with these patches.
Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:58:07 am by S.D.
#502  July 04, 2015, 03:45:47 am
  • The Goddess Returns
And no disrespect to the MK community by the way, but I know a handful of big name players that are just dropping MKX for a very good reason https://www.facebook.com/Viscant/posts/879280042148772

I can understand where dude was coming from because thats how i felt when TJ Combo was being changed all the damn time in KI to the point where specific commands don't cooperate the same anymore which imo screwed him up but i still play KI since hes not the only character i use.
Point is sonya hasn't really been nerfed or have been changed in that recent update so why the fuck is dude worried about it.
Tanya needed those nerfs and Kitana actually needed those buffs. Balancing a game is not a easy task to do especially with that many characters in the roster.

You completely missed his point, he even stated in there he knows Sonya actually got buffed.

His main problem is the fact that NRS just cannot leave well enough alone so that people can actually adapt and get ready for change, instead, they are forced to change about every few weeks or so. He stated examples where Scorpion players pretty much lost their BnB's and couldn't adapt to the changes and lost DAYS before a Major.

NRS isn't learning from what caused people to drop MK9 and Injustice and falling into it again.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#503  July 04, 2015, 04:22:12 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Nah i understood what he was saying and how he felt because i felt the same in KI when they over changed TJ Combo.
You also misread what i said (Sonya hasn't really been nerfed or have been changed in that recent update so why the fuck is dude worried about it.) I know he stated that sonya got buffed. She is his main which im wondering on why he cares that much about the patch.
2-3 weeks is more than enough time to learn the changes in the characters for a tournament. Thats if he was passionate about the game in the first place. Seems like its a job to him like he only playing because the prize money at evo.
NRS is just trying to balance the game out before Evo if you owned the game and have played Tanya and Kitana you would understand why a patch is needed.
If scorpion was op in the game people would've complain about it and would think hes only that good because hes Ed Boon favorite character. I play against Scorpion a lot online his bnbs look the same to me as they were before.
Whats so hard on adapting to the changes.

Edit: Why would you not expect changes in the game more often when dlc characters is still being released for the game.
Those changes could be because predator is coming out next week. Patches also get people to continue playing the game to see if it helps the character you use, to make it easier for you to win matches.
Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:15:05 am by Insigniawarfare
#504  July 04, 2015, 04:28:13 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Marvel is the most viewed because it's always on prime time, by the time SFIV finals roll around it's super late on the East coast and people who have responsibilities just stop watching (And it's still considered as the biggest event, bigger than Marvel).
But yeah it's as simple as that, I mean sure there's some interesting moments (Everyone cheering from JWong last year) but the fact that it's the most viewed because it's on prime time is pretty obvious.
That's some pretty specious reasoning there. It could just as easily be turned around into "Marvel is the most popular game so it gets the prime time slot", which isn't any more true than the reverse. There's probably some additional viewers it gets, but it's not like people are being forced to watch it; people aren't going to watch something they're not interested in, just because it's in the primo slot.
#505  July 04, 2015, 04:41:31 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Marvel is the most viewed because it's always on prime time, by the time SFIV finals roll around it's super late on the East coast and people who have responsibilities just stop watching (And it's still considered as the biggest event, bigger than Marvel).
But yeah it's as simple as that, I mean sure there's some interesting moments (Everyone cheering from JWong last year) but the fact that it's the most viewed because it's on prime time is pretty obvious.
That's some pretty specious reasoning there. It could just as easily be turned around into "Marvel is the most popular game so it gets the prime time slot", which isn't any more true than the reverse. There's probably some additional viewers it gets, but it's not like people are being forced to watch it; people aren't going to watch something they're not interested in, just because it's in the primo slot.

Except he kinda has a point considering DOA5LR got around 10K viewers at one point during a Major which really hasn't happened before at all, which someone contributed to people simply waiting on the next event altogether.
So while you did say it could be one or the other, considering how many times I've seen people and announcers even say "Marvel isn't dead" and stuff like it, there must be a big incentive for people to believe Marvel 3 is losing steam fast.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#506  July 04, 2015, 04:44:08 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It sure looks like the people actually playing it is trending downward, but viewership has remained pretty good. It might have another year or so at its current state, I'd say.
#507  July 04, 2015, 05:47:12 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I don't disagree with your reasoning, I see how it works the other way around. I'm honestly just grasping at straws given the awful record Mr.Wizard has relegating games he doesn't like to early slots on Sunday or just Saturday. Thus, the only way to really measure how the game is doing is by amount of entries, and again this year Xrd surpassed these other games but it was scheduled for the same time slot he gives to anime games/KOF/everything else.
I mean, the moment KOF's entries started to wind down, bam, finals on Saturday (Which was fine, the game doens't have dev support anymore, and well.. almost same issue as Marvel)

so why the fuck is dude worried about it.
He explained it. In depth.
Read again.
#508  July 04, 2015, 06:06:14 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
#509  July 04, 2015, 07:48:12 am
At the end of the day, Evo is a U.S. major that happens to grab world attention. The only way Marvel and SF gets the boot from their slots is if games that are overwhelmingly more popular demands it's slot (Melee is probably the closet I've seen to this and even that didn't do it). Also, I hear Anime (Xrd) has it's slot because it's most convenient for Japanese viewers. Reason (poor as it may be) should just be left at that, instead of giving contradictory bullshit that leaves room for people to rightfully criticize anyway.

snip

Truth of the matter is, even in the the tournament circuit, people have gaming preferences. And people are more serious about some games than others (some people play SF and Marvel because they're sheep who only play what's popular). Some people will endure NRS's patching frequency because the love the games that much. Others (a greater majority) will lose interest and leave.

When a game's changed it effects the entirety of the game, especially when it's good characters. What you know gets thrown out of the window, rendering your practice time null. Easy to become discouraged when it happens too often. Sometimes you have to live with cheap shit being in the game and hope for the best. You can't get a definitive evaluation of how good characters after a month anyway.
Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 09:03:13 am by Niitris
"dude" being EVO 2011 and ONLY MVC3 champion
#510  July 04, 2015, 01:24:24 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
As Viscant explained throughly (Which from your post is clear that you don't understand), even if your character remains good or whatever, one has to constantly adapt to new match ups (These huge game play overhauls are released a week apart or so, it's ridiculous) , moves that were easy to punish can be had to punish now, you have to learn a new match up and gain information that might be obsolete in a week or so. Everything changes, range of normals, frame advantage, etc so it's impossible to keep up or take a game seriously when it's not given time to evolve and devs take away things to explore (And this is the complete opposite from the whole UMVC3 situation, that's when constant patches are too much, heck some people can't even keep up with BB's updates and I'm sure that Skullgirls is also guilty about this, but that doesn't matter since the only people who play that are the super dedicated fanbase). You're taking an extremely defensive attitude and you're clinging so desperately about the whole "Sonya is good, I don't see why this "dude" complains about it", that shows that you really didn't read or understand his point.

And yeah, good call on that post , Niitris. Still, what? 8AM EST is 12PM JST, hardly prime time in Japan, not to mention that it would be Monday already?
#511  July 04, 2015, 01:40:05 pm
It'd be a couple hours from Monday, like 10 or 11pm.
#512  July 04, 2015, 07:16:36 pm
    • Peru
Nah i understood what he was saying and how he felt because i felt the same in KI when they over changed TJ Combo.
You also misread what i said (Sonya hasn't really been nerfed or have been changed in that recent update so why the fuck is dude worried about it.) I know he stated that sonya got buffed. She is his main which im wondering on why he cares that much about the patch.
Maybe because you don't only have to worry about changes in your characters, but also changes in other characters?
What if you could punish something with a certain move, but now it doesn't works, regardless of your characters being the same? He's talking about that kind of stuff.
#513  July 08, 2015, 06:18:40 am
    • USA
Battle Fantasia -Barely different edition- is out and of course, it's another QUALITY DotEmu port. Microstuttering? Check. No in-game video and control options? Check. 720p resolution lock? Check. Fullscreen actually just being borderless windowed? Check. Super crappy online without ping bars? Check.
#514  July 08, 2015, 03:38:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

º_O
#515  July 08, 2015, 03:56:22 pm
That came out a couple months ago (yes, even though SNKP's channel is only posting it now), isn't there an SNK-centered thread somewhere ? It made a lot of noise in the debate of why the hell SNKP is making Pachinkos instead of fighting games... among SNK followers (so... not a lot of noise) :P
edit : there
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:01:11 pm by DKDC
#516  July 08, 2015, 04:08:13 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
It's pretty sad that as soon as that trailer started my first reaction was "Oh, they've got another pachinko machine out?" One day far, far into the future they're going to announce KOF 14 and I'm going to spend half the trailer thinking it's another pachinko announcement.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#517  July 08, 2015, 04:15:01 pm
#518  July 08, 2015, 04:19:14 pm
  • Burn to Fight
 i found this new this week i hope the rumor could be real, and not break our hearts :'(

#519  July 08, 2015, 04:23:15 pm
Heard of that rumor on mmcafe a week or so ago. Didn't pay it much mind because that was like what, the 4th-5th one.
#520  July 08, 2015, 04:33:00 pm
  • Burn to Fight
Heard of that rumor on mmcafe a week or so ago. Didn't pay it much mind because that was like what, the 4th-5th one.

yes me too i don't believe so much news about kof in this years cuz a lot of rumors but in the end nothing concrete or confirmed  :-\

Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:38:11 pm by xiondash