YesNoOk

Supreme Sagat BETA 2.1 FIX 15 December NEW PAG.14 T.THRUSTS+ COUNTER SUPER (Read 337588 times)

Started by M206, June 26, 2017, 05:49:35 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Sagat by M206 fix 29.06
#21  June 29, 2017, 06:02:02 pm
  • KATO KATO KATO KATO KATOOOOOOOOO......!!!!
Thanks for your hard work, your Sagat is really great.

#22  June 30, 2017, 09:03:03 pm
thanks for your feedbacks/help and thanks for your presentation video!! ;) ;)

in the meanwhile i'm fixing some other sounds and adding some shocking/electricity effects+sounds in tiger waves and tiger storm/lv.3 assault supers. ;) ;)

#23  June 30, 2017, 09:13:34 pm
Some feedback:
-The hitboxes for many of his attacks need major adjustments. There's infinite priority everywhere.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- His run is way to slow and way too sluggish. I get that it's Sagat, but it feels like I'm using Hugo or something.

- His Dash Punch attack looks really awkward, I'd suggest changing to to something else. To add, his slow run speed makes his Dash Attacks really inconvenient to use.

- The Focus Attack and Dash Kick attack play a hitsound noise even if they don't hit.

- The high jump goes way too far up, imo, and doesn't have any sound effects.

- His super where he throws the opponent to the wall before kicking them to finish it, if done too close to the wall the last kick will end up whiffing. I'd suggest coding the whole move up as a custom state.

- I think you should prune some of his palettes. He has a bunch of duplicates with minimal change.

- You should add a counter to the palette selector so that the user can tell which color is highlighted.

thanks for your feedbacks!! i need to improve my knowledge on mugen coding. ;) as a premise i wrote that the coding is far from perfect, and i'm here to learn from mugen experts like you to be able to obtain a better sagat. :)

- about the hitboxes, maybe you're right, i'll see what to do. ;)

- ok, i think i could speed up a little bit his run. ;)

- i don't agree with you, i think strong dash punch it's ok. maybe with some faster run it will be better. ;)

- yes, i've to fix them. ;)

- uhm, i'll check the sounds of Hj..

- yes, i knew this bug, but it's really hard for me to make a custom state.. i hope to find time/will to fix this in the future. ;)

- ehehehehe yes, maybe i've lost some pals during the process, in 230+ maybe there's some clone too.. :/

- i'd love to add a counter, could you help me with some tutorial or similar??

thanks!! ;) ;)
#24  August 01, 2017, 01:12:06 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
After all this time I finally got some time to play with this Sagat!
Spoiler: Nit-Picky Stuff (click to see content)
I really like how simple he is to pick up and use. Like the more advanced stuff just happened. Or as soon as I did it, I knew to try it in an extended combo.

State 251 in the corner lifts P2 off the ground, and they can land and recover while Sagat is still open. You might want to switch that up.

He feels pretty new while still remaining to be Sagat.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#25  August 01, 2017, 10:45:20 am
thanks for your feedbacks my friend!!

i'm glad you like the result, it was one of my goal to keep him quite simple to use and change its gameplay style. ;)

anyway, to be honest, i've lost motivation in continue improving my sagat, since i saw that i've got only 3 votes (the forth is mine) in the character of the month contest.
I've noticed that a lot of other character got a lot more votes than my sagat, even if they're only some small fixes/upgrades.

but, since my name is not famous around here (i'm not DW for example), it seems to me that my year of work in spriting, coding, animating, got really low low low interest in this community.. so i think i'll quit from mugen for a while or something.. nothing personal with anyone of course, just a bit of sadness. ;)
#26  August 01, 2017, 12:26:04 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Honestly, I think you overemphasize the meaning of the COTM 'title'. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people here apprectiate the amount of work you put into your Sagat. Amount of votes you've got in this contest is not significant at all. You had rather strong competition and you cannot compare yourself to the more popular creators. Most of so called 'popular authors' are on the scene for years and I'm sure they didn't get their popularity in instant with their first release.
#27  August 01, 2017, 12:43:42 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Sabockee is right, pal. Not everyone here is getting CoTM right of the bat.
Hell, even I was nominated just once, and even that was not my first work, unlike yours. So, you're kinda even more lucky, than me.
So, there is no reason for you to quit. Even more, I suggest you to not stop, 'cause believe me, it's hard as rock to get back to work after long vacation from it.
Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:57:30 pm by Trololo
#28  August 01, 2017, 12:52:19 pm
Yeah, Sabockee and Trololo have a point friend,  dont take that to heart like that, COTM is irrelevant, it does mean your stuff is less quality if you did not win. I actually really like where this Sagat is heading.

You cant blame people voting for Toon Pooh as well, those sprites took LOTS of work.

Trololo, you have not been nominated cause you silently update all your stuff and no one even knows you did so xD
Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:12:45 pm by PeXXeR
#29  August 01, 2017, 01:27:37 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I didn't get nominated until my 10th? character. I blame it on the hitboxes :P

Just switch up editing a character. You like more than just Sagat right? Edit one of your favorites to be how YOU want it to be. Other people will end up liking it. Regardless if they do or don't, you'll have an awesome character that you like.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#30  August 02, 2017, 05:09:48 pm
thanks everyone for the support. ;)

i've got the point, maybe afterall you're all right.. anyway i'll go on holidays for the next two weeks, so i can relax and think to which character i could take on next. ;)

i've already an idea.. let's see what happen.

thanks again everyone. ;) ;)
#31  August 02, 2017, 05:43:04 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
They're right man! You giving to much attention to COTM, just because you didn't receive to many votes, it doesn't mean people don't have interest in your work. I was looking forward for your Sagat and for your next work.
Don't do it for others my friend, do it for you.
#32  August 03, 2017, 06:37:54 am
  • I must continue my training...
I've been maining Sagat since the early 90's. I've gotta say this is how Sagat should play. Like a Muai-Tai beast.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#33  August 03, 2017, 08:33:47 am
thanks guys, i really appreciate your feedbacks. ;) ;)

my next work could be Zangief, i've taked on the CS varo hades one, and i'd like to add every possible throw previously appeared in other zangief/red cyclone.

let's see what happen when i'll come back from holidays. ;)
#34  August 03, 2017, 05:14:28 pm
  • I must continue my training...

my next work could be Zangief, i've taked on the CS varo hades one, and i'd like to add every possible throw previously appeared in other zangief/red cyclone.

ZANGIEF!!!?? AAAAAAAAAAWWWWW YEEEEEEEAAAAH! A zangief with a detailed grappling system perhaps?  :yippi:

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#35  August 04, 2017, 08:17:25 am
  • "THE WORLD"
A soldier never lower his head ,take your gun , and continue the war is not over yet
#36  August 21, 2017, 11:52:29 am

ZANGIEF!!!?? AAAAAAAAAAWWWWW YEEEEEEEAAAAH! A zangief with a detailed grappling system perhaps?  :yippi:

yes, or at least something like that.. ;) ;) i've already added a vertical suplex with some sprite edits.. maybe i'll open a new 3d about that..

A soldier never lower his head ,take your gun , and continue the war is not over yet

received!! ;)
#37  August 21, 2017, 12:03:35 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Man, you just laged out! XD
#38  September 08, 2017, 09:24:52 am
new stance (Jmorph joe inspiration):

i don't know what to do, if use this or keep the old one.. :/ :/

what do you think?
#39  September 08, 2017, 09:30:29 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
You definitely need to make right-for-viewer hand more straight. And animation feels kinda jumpy.
But you know... could you make it alternative stance like Jmorphman's Ryo have? Like, if someone like this stance, then he will open the char in FF and change animations numbers. Anyway, KEEP this animation. Don't delete the first one, but KEEP this one. It is indeed could be truly useful- a good reminder about his SF1 stance, even though legs are different. Especially because it have no scar. At least, for now...
Re: Sagat by M206 NEW STANCE ???
#40  September 08, 2017, 10:16:24 am
thanks for your feedback. ;)

something like this?? :/ :/

the scar will be added. ;) ;)