YesNoOk

ynvaser's Goku 0.4 (Read 9204 times)

Started by ynvaser_, June 19, 2017, 05:02:14 pm
Share this topic:
ynvaser's Goku 0.4
New #1  June 19, 2017, 05:02:14 pm
    • ynvaser.extra.hu
Hey guys,

Some of you might remember me, most of you probably don't, it's been forever since I've last posted here, and forever since my active time in the Mugen community.
I used to work on DBZ characters in the pre-1.0 era with a friend of mine doing the spritework (Geridos) and since then we've seen a few full games, youtube videos and whatnot using our two characters.
Well, we did some digging through our old DVDs, and found this development snapshot version of YGoku (or Damaged Goku as I've seen it appear), with previously unreleased moves, a reworked sprite base and improved AI, and I thought you might enjoy this blast from the past just as we did when we re-discovered it. Nothing has been altered, a few moves might not appear in the readme (The kamehameha can be directed upwards, there's a flying knee thing by pressing B-F-kick, a kaioken flash, a two-sided push which sends your enemy flying, and maybe a few more).

Images (blurry settings, it looks better with a proper setup):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe678hegwqgcf8c/YGoku_new.7z?dl=0

Let me know if the link breaks, feel free to share your thoughts :)
Cheers!
Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:26:18 pm by ynvaser_
Re: ynvaser's Goku 0.4
#2  June 19, 2017, 05:49:48 pm
    • USA
Screenshots or a video of said character would be nice, please.
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#3  June 19, 2017, 06:09:15 pm
    • ynvaser.extra.hu
Added a few :)
#4  June 19, 2017, 07:00:46 pm
    • Poland
Daaaaaaamn it's ALIVEEEEEE!!!!

Joking aside it;s cool to see you back man. I hope you remember me (although you proably not) Yeah it's been a while. Since then I moved on from Mugen but I still visit MFG to check out some releases.

Well too bad you didn't completed that Goku. I remember I've been excited about it especially planned transformations (I was huge fan of them, and kinda still am). So what that revival means ? You're back maybe ? I would centrainly curious what you could do with Goku. I might even fire up Mugen lol.

I don't use MSN anymore but if you wanna talk hit me with PM. Or facebook. It should be easy to find my profile.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#5  June 19, 2017, 07:16:04 pm
    • ynvaser.extra.hu
Daaaaaaamn it's ALIVEEEEEE!!!!

Joking aside it;s cool to see you back man. I hope you remember me (although you proably not) Yeah it's been a while. Since then I moved on from Mugen but I still visit MFG to check out some releases.

Well too bad you didn't completed that Goku. I remember I've been excited about it especially planned transformations (I was huge fan of them, and kinda still am). So what that revival means ? You're back maybe ? I would centrainly curious what you could do with Goku. I might even fire up Mugen lol.

I don't use MSN anymore but if you wanna talk hit me with PM. Or facebook. It should be easy to find my profile.
Hey Jarek, good to see you are still around man! :)

Of course I remember you, you are even in the readme file, haha.

As for my return, ehh, maybe :) I work as a java programmer now, so real life takes up a huge chunk of my time. Mugen brought me on to this path, though, and my sprite guy is still around. So we'll see what the future holds :)
The transformation system is still in the character, but mostly disabled. You can see a kaioken form if you press START and press left or right, then release. It's not working besides the standing animation though.

I've added you on Facebook!
Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 07:30:21 pm by ynvaser_
#6  June 19, 2017, 07:28:35 pm
    • Poland
Well good to know, that you don't rule it out completely. As for fb I don't see anything so i think you found wrong profile. Check your PM.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16