YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] KOF XII Sprite thread (Read 1596290 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 10:07:34 pm

MDD

Re: [Theme Thread] KOF XII Sprite thread
#621  February 15, 2011, 12:43:11 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
He looks....really chunky. And his claws are square. Great work though.
#622  February 15, 2011, 01:15:24 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I agree with the claws being too blocky.

I'm surprised how well XII style looks with Marvel characters. I'd like to see more.
#623  February 15, 2011, 12:05:21 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
@eFeX
cool idea with the marvel characters.  while it is sad to know your not going to be making sprites as often, i understand.  my job also eats up my time which is why i've slowed down my production.  I'm currently playing mvc3 and since you already started i'll do as STR4WB3RRY R3D ST4R asked and try my hand at X-23! might be a while though  ;D
#624  February 15, 2011, 05:48:56 pm
Hey guys!
Awesome sprites, I just found this place yesterday and you've inspired me to do some KoFXII style sprites.
I'm still getting the hang of the style, I'm more used to the Capcom sprite style so please excuse any inconsistencies ^^;
I never really got into the KoF games, but the SNK game I played the most was probably Last Blade 2- so here is Kaede:

I changed his front arm/hand because the clenched fist felt weird for me..
Let me know what you guys think!

ps. Hey eFeX, I'm a big fan, godlike sprites o_o
#625  February 15, 2011, 05:52:55 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Steamboy33? Dammit!
Spriting is hard.

GOH

#626  February 15, 2011, 05:56:26 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Holy shit that Kaede looks great. Glad to see you here dude.
#627  February 15, 2011, 06:42:00 pm
  • waiting for a better day
 :) wow this site is becoming very popular
#628  February 16, 2011, 01:10:07 am
@Rasta Bison & STR4WB3RRY R3D ST4R

Got it; I was not pleased with the final look of the claws, but decided to post it anyway. I think I'll redo them from scratch.

@EnlightendShadow

Looking forward to see your X-23, man. (now not only I have to work, I have to study aswell; that leaves me almost no spriting time...)  --;

@steamboy

Same here, man; I'm a fan of your work aswell.  ;) (amazing job on those SF3-styled SF4 characters)
For being your first KOFXII sprite, it's awesome, but there's one single mistake: (the very same mistake that I had when I started with the style) The shadow casted over his bottom shirt/pants makes it look like he has the light source directly over his head, while the light source in this style is at almost 45 degrees in front of him. The beggining of the shadow should be almost past his crotch area. (check King for reference; the shadow from her fists over her pants gives away the right angle)
A little late but welcome to MFG; it's really good to see you here. I'm really looking forward to see more sprites from you, in this or any other style. Keep it up.

------------------------------

Thanks for the replies; no sprite this time, though. (...but another one is coming soon)
#629  February 16, 2011, 01:31:25 am
  • ~~~ヾ(^∇^)
    • Argentina
    • darkgirl.mugenimperiolatino.com
#630  February 16, 2011, 02:17:30 am
the sprite have good proportion and fine selection of colors,but need more practice for a properly distribution. is a very nice work

almost ready, I think

I need the critics,  I can not see errors in him (Dad syndrome xD)

>>>>>>>>>>>
                                                                                 FIX
is all for the moment  :)
Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:39:24 pm by _Arthas_Cf
#631  February 16, 2011, 04:03:37 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
The lower part of the legs has too much shade. That's about all I can see.
#632  February 16, 2011, 09:18:47 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
This site IS becoming popular and that's why I check it every day :D.   It's exciting to see what people can do and the fact we have somewhere to meet and talk about our sprites and improve our skills is priceless.

@ Steamboy
Like everyone else said before me your sprite is really well done especially for it being you first one in the style.  I know you've mastered the SF3 style and I really do like your newest one's (evil ryu and oni)  Glad to have you here. 
#633  February 16, 2011, 05:15:33 pm
Thanks guys :)

@ eFeX
I totally see what you mean with the shadow being 45 degrees now. I will remember this for future sprites. Thanks for the tip.

@ EnlightendShadow
Thanks man. Yeah I really like the SF3 style, but this one is challenging in a different way- can't wait to do more ( dunno how much time I will have now that marvel 3 is out.. gotta hit the training room lol)

@ Arthas
Cool orge sprite man, my only comment would be that his knees feel a little low (or maybe it's his upper leg that is too long). If you look at his body without the loincloth, you can see what I mean. Love the helmet details though~
#634  February 16, 2011, 08:49:26 pm
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
Yeesss !! here's Oni akuma without Aura
the face is the best part of this sprite
 hope you like it ! 0_0  :sugoi:
#635  February 17, 2011, 03:03:45 am
  • Patiently waiting
Small update

Meanmuging all day
#636  February 17, 2011, 03:56:25 am
work more in your first sprite is better

I recommend that you take as an example with this and build your sprite.
would not recommend you to start from 0, starting with edit and knows how to shade and there to things growing.

good luck and not get discouraged, you will do over time
#637  February 17, 2011, 06:08:57 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
@methiou
That Oni Akuma is pretty awesome.  You are right, the best part is the face I just love that detail.  But there are still issues with the sprite when it comes to the KOFXIII style.  Most the issues come from the lighting which should be (as mentioned by eFeX) at a 45 degree angle across the entire sprite.  The other issues are all of the dark lines.  When you fix the shading there should only be the dark outlines next to the second shade.  It will give your sprite a much more round/smooth look.  8)

@Aile
That's a nice attempt at the style, my suggestion to you if you are going to start from scratch is to make the outline one pixel thick like methiou's pre colored Oni.  Good Luck  :D

@Arthas_Cf
We should take some time and try and complete those SNK concept art sprites, you know just because  ;D

Here are my WIP sprites of Juri and X23. I need a little bit of help with these two sprites. With Juri I need some help with the feet, I've never done bare feet before and they keep on giving me trouble and then if one of you guys could help me by creating X23's face that would be a great help then I can finish everything else.  Even after all of this time I still can't make the faces...yeah oh well.  Of course if you guys have any other suggestions on how to make these sprites better by all means comment.  :sugoi:

#638  February 17, 2011, 07:26:08 am
good luck  :)

DMK

#639  February 17, 2011, 11:21:27 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
#640  February 18, 2011, 02:58:31 am
  • Do not expect me to get it right your way
    • USA
    • http://darkzeroprojects.deviantart.com/
WOW you guys have been doing great sprites while i wasent around much...i really want to post some awsome sprites..but whats the use i cant even get the time to finish my concept art.....i feel im not a good artist anyway letalone a spriter like yall
methiou your sprite looks real epic :D
Trying to figure out what to do...