YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] KOF XII Sprite thread (Read 1588587 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 10:07:34 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] KOF XII Sprite thread
#721  March 28, 2011, 12:20:02 am
  • Do not expect me to get it right your way
    • USA
    • http://darkzeroprojects.deviantart.com/

that is so epic,love the aura coming out of date,well done  my friend :D

oh heres my kofxii sprite of goku
Trying to figure out what to do...
Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:57:46 pm by darkzero779
#722  March 28, 2011, 08:20:03 am
    • Edtion.TK
mmm problems whit .gif

that is so epic,love the aura coming out of date,well done  my friend :D

oh heres my kofxii sprite of goku

Anyone knows why that post from zero was deleted? Because the only problem I could see is that he/she double posted with a 6-minute time span.

And about your sprite, it's not done is it? Because a LOT of his porpotions are off, and the shading and colors are not KoF xii style nor based. Before doing ANY highlights, a shading set needs to be made: outlines,shadows, and lit areas. Then gradient highlights are added, then the image is tweaked, and voila you end up with and incredible KoF XII Styled sprite.
About the proportions: Left index finger curves down, not pointing at the face; Left foot is turned a bit more to the left. There are more porpotion issues, but that's your choice. You should take the screenshot from a higher resolution (or find a larger screenshot if that's what you did)
#723  March 28, 2011, 04:07:28 pm
    • USA
dont want to be sound mean or anything....but,for the info dude its not  finished ...true,2 im a man , and this is my first atempt and  i know i got some of them right i followed the screeshot nearly exact im just adjusting some more kay?last thing i need s saying its not looking like a kofxii shaded sprite....
#724  March 29, 2011, 05:51:44 am
    • Chile
He gave you valious feedback to improve your sprite, and you say that?

And you don't want to sound mean...

saying its not looking like a kofxii shaded sprite....

You said it's a KOFXII sprite, and clearly isn't.

#725  March 29, 2011, 12:24:50 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
I agree with Hero, it just doesn't fit the KOFXIII style of sprites.  It is more of a HI RES version of an old Capcom styled sprite. If you want to get the shading style done correctly you have to REALLY look and study other KOFXIII sprites.  I'll try to point some things out to you and hopefully it will help.  On your Goku sprite the first thing you should do before you add any color is work on the outline of the character. I know you said you traced the image but clean it up after you are done by making sure every single line is only one pixel thick.  Just look at the arms of your Goku when compared to any other KOFXIII sprite.  Just look at how clean the lines look.  Once you have a clean sprite then add in your base colors and from there you can figure out where the light source is coming from and how to shade the character.  As you continue you can add the highlights and extra colors as you go.  Eventually you will have a really nice looking sprite that follows the KOFXIII style.   I'm still working on updating my Zero XIII but if you look a few pages back you can see the process of how I made him.  I think KoKi also made an animation that shows his spriting process.  I hope that helps you out and try to be nicer when others try to point something out to you alright.  ;D
#726  March 29, 2011, 02:20:48 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
@whiteflame ex
sweet find!
#727  March 29, 2011, 04:54:46 pm
    • USA
Hero

yeah sorry about that... hek that dang lightsources forkofxii fustrates me and i cant perfect it :(
EnlightendShadow
i see im sorry fo that ill delete my posts if im going to be any trouble i thought i would make my sprite useing a screenshot of goku in dbz shin budokai 2
WhiteFlame EX...i see thanks.... and wow i need to get a 3d model made to do that
#728  March 29, 2011, 08:49:05 pm
  • ✯Uh...✯
    • USA
    • http://dnicknbd.wix.com/lostintranslation
Hero

yeah sorry about that... hek that dang lightsources forkofxii fustrates me and i cant perfect it :(
EnlightendShadow
i see im sorry fo that ill delete my posts if im going to be any trouble i thought i would make my sprite useing a screenshot of goku in dbz shin budokai 2

WhiteFlame EX...i see thanks.... and wow i need to get a 3d model made to do that

You don't really need a 3d model. All you really have to do is find some examples or tutorials and go by waht they say. You can easily (well not all that easy) go and re-size a sprite and convert it from there.

Trying to make a comeback
#729  March 30, 2011, 12:55:02 am
3D models would probably be needed if you want to animate your XIII based character. Otherwise, just go for the "monkey see, monkey do" approach.
#730  March 30, 2011, 02:04:15 am
    • USA
3D models would probably be needed if you want to animate your XIII based character. Otherwise, just go for the "monkey see, monkey do" approach.

if i get the chance thats the thng m tryin for kofxi but for now ill just be making my own sprite practices,and again im very sorry for saying what i said well ill have that goku fixed somtime soon but idk when next week will be hell and i had a bad day.....but i hope i make a kofxii sprite thall be amasing,by the way if i wanted to make my kof or capcom char(like making a frankin custom like edit to make my daren character) and do it in low res form and when i get it done i do the hi res kofxii sprite forming?
#731  March 30, 2011, 05:06:37 am
    • Edtion.TK
WHAT??   o_O  Everyone gets an apology but me  :bigcry:

Corrections?
If I get the chance, that's the thing I'm going to try for KoFXII, but for now I'll just be making my own sprite practices. And again I'm very sorry for saying what I said. I'll have that Goku fixed sometime soon, but idk when because next week will be hell and I had a bad day..... but I hope that I will make a KoFXII sprite that'll be amazing. By the way if I wanted to make my KoF or Capcom character, like making a frankin-custom-like edit to make my Daren character, and do it in low-res form, (and when it's done) do I do the hi-res KoFXII sprite conversion?
I couldn't really read your post, because it was really choppy.

From what I re-worded, yes, you can turn any sprite into KoFXII style.  There are four things that make the KoFXII style different from others :
  • Size - I'd say they fit in a 640x480 fighting game.
  • Light Source - A bit towards their front's. The angles are something you'd guess at.
  • Shadows - Yes, I don't think any other 2d sprite style has used actual shadows on the characters.
  • Amount of Color - 8 shades per color.

There is no set method to achieving these goals. Some do what SNK did, some convert sprites, and some do other things. The end result is the only thing that matters.

#732  March 30, 2011, 08:24:53 am
  • DEMACIA!
#733  March 30, 2011, 08:45:51 am
    • Edtion.TK
Right right, 1 outline/darkest tone, 1 shaded color, and 5 lit---highlights.
#734  March 30, 2011, 02:51:03 pm
    • USA
WHAT??   o_O  Everyone gets an apology but me  :bigcry:

oh man im sorry dont worry i havent forgot about ya kay?im sorry that i fliped at you  :'(
and okay i see and thanks,oh and before i go i have a problem with m sprite,well i tried to get 7 colors each but idk what the 5 hilight colors  that  what  i screwed  up on my goku sprite although its till in process but ill get it handeled but im telling ya for once ive been having  more fun  spriting...
Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:21:54 pm by darkzero779
#735  March 31, 2011, 02:03:29 am
    • Mexico
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#736  March 31, 2011, 04:42:38 am
what do you think guys  ;D

#737  March 31, 2011, 04:47:12 am
    • USA
#738  March 31, 2011, 05:06:12 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
some gangsta frosties there, yo
#739  March 31, 2011, 10:51:04 am
i'm hungry for a cereal now.
#740  March 31, 2011, 04:12:31 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
TIGER UPERCUT!!!

It looks pillowshaded in the muscled areas.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand