YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] KOF XII Sprite thread (Read 1588183 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 10:07:34 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] KOF XII Sprite thread
#1001  August 24, 2011, 08:30:18 am
    • Edtion.TK
From the looks of their material I assume they're metallic, so they need more of a shine to them, and the material also suggests that it reflects imagery, so it needs like a shine on the very edges.
His left foot seems to be a little lower than it should be by the ankle/foot ratio, and both of his feet seem to be really boxy and pointy, but that's probably on purpose.
I also think you should rotate his left hand about 15° counter-clockwise.
I think his right-upper arm should be increased in size because it's current size doesn't really fit with the rest of the body.
I also think that the light on his left leg should be pulled more down towards the artist's left.

Earlier, you said your aren't really good at this, and so I assume you're trying to compete with SNK on the quality of sprites. I think you/someone could make a KoFXII sprite as good as theirs, but I think if you really want to use their style and make it smoothly animated like theirs (or better) then you should use 3d for some help on shape/light. But whatever, that's just my suggestion. You could stick to handmade 2d sketch/lineart/sprite if that's your preference, I'm just saying what I think  :juggle:.
#1002  August 24, 2011, 09:15:28 am
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
Thanx Edtion  :sugoi: your advices are very helpful. I'm not very good with metallic stuff neither.the character as himself have some strange design  --; you know i try my best to be as faithful as i can the original one. Have a look
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1003  August 24, 2011, 10:15:31 am
    • Edtion.TK
Oh well then..... I may need to give some different critique since I now see what he kinda is suppose to look like.

His hands and wrists should be a lot larger, while his upper arms need to be skinnier.
The leggings should be more cloth-like, and far less armor like, and their length should also be reduced to 2/3.
His left wing should have more depth to it, because currently it looks flat like cardboard.
His hands have two fingers and one thumb, and only his right arm has the shield-like thing.
I think his left foot's top-right cut-off/curve should be pulled back like 3-5 pixels and the bottom right should be a bit less pointy.
The thing on his head is currently shaped like a downwards arrow. The image shows it has a sparkly-shaped diamond.
His sash starts on his left shoulder and curves around to his right side (basically, mirror it).
the gold thing on the foot is like a cufflink, so it should stick out more with depth, and his right one should be a bit more curved. Also, it should be so far down to the ground that you can barely see the heels.
His right ankle things should be more like the ones on his left ankles, and vice-versa.
His knees should be smaller, and everything at the calve-curve things should be a lot smaller. (the knee thing looks almost tight as a bones, just look at the picture thing to see what I mean).

Ok now, those are just my observations, to compare the sprite with that particular image. That's if however, you're trying to match that particular image's style, while also giving it the KoFXII Style (in this style, anime looks are definitely acceptable).

#1004  August 24, 2011, 12:20:58 pm
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
thank you again Edtion all your remarks are correct.I will try to correct errors as you said but for the hands I have already spoken with the applicant. He told me to make a bit more humanoid with the five fingers of course, and two shields on each arm. Currently it is very satisfied with the design
#1005  August 25, 2011, 03:57:00 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/
@Methiou
That is a very impressive sprite you've created.  You have quickly improved and become one of the best and most active KOFXIII creators. Way to go,  keep it up.  :D

Any way here are some sprites done with minimal editing and using other artist sprites. 

This is OrochIgniz, a custom character that some one created for mugen using Orochi's and Igniz's Sprites.  Similarly I used eFex's Orochi and merged him with an Igniz I found in Pixvi a long time ago so I don't know the artist. 

This is one of NiO's other custom creations simply named Kyo Clone.  This one took a bit more effort and editing to get done correctly.  Something still feels unfinished but I don't know what it is right now.  Maybe because I'm totally falling asleep right now lol.  Anyway here is my sprite and NiO's original sprite.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post any more custom work lately but I've been concentrating more on my screen packs than sprite editing at the moment. 
#1006  August 26, 2011, 03:51:44 am
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
Thx you Enlightend and it's nice to see you again. your kyo edit it's Awesome  dude :sugoi:
#1007  August 29, 2011, 11:57:23 am
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
this one is really coming... i can feel it...
#1008  August 29, 2011, 12:05:11 pm
    • Russia
[left][/left]
[left]
[/left]

[left][/left]
[left]
[/left]

[left]
[/left]
[left]
[/left]

[left]
[/left]

[left]
[/left]
[left]
[/left]

[left][/left]
[left]
[/left]

[left]
[/left]

[left]
[/left]
Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:02:38 pm by TerryBogard
#1009  August 29, 2011, 01:07:59 pm
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
Awesommeee sprite !!! That's Kusanagi Sprites animation is outsanding  :sugoi:
your megaman badasss!! i think duck need a little more shading Respect dude !
#1010  August 29, 2011, 01:23:45 pm
    • Russia
Awesommeee sprite !!! That's Kusanagi Sprites animation is outsanding  :sugoi:
your megaman badasss!! i think duck need a little more shading Respect dude !
You saw the quotes and links? Apparently - no. This is not my work, and authors with "DeviantART"
#1011  August 29, 2011, 01:30:22 pm
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
 ;D sorry i saw them now but the megaman it's yours right ?
#1012  August 29, 2011, 01:39:09 pm
    • Russia
#1013  August 29, 2011, 02:35:21 pm
awesome kyo sprites awesome amazing Terry just wow :sugoi: will u make more
#1014  August 29, 2011, 02:39:45 pm
    • Russia
#1015  August 29, 2011, 04:26:27 pm
    • Edtion.TK
Not that it's a rule or anything, but can you not post links to sprites that other people made  --;.
#1016  August 29, 2011, 05:27:28 pm
    • Russia
Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:33:29 pm by TerryBogard
#1017  August 29, 2011, 05:30:28 pm
  • hmmmm
isnt that diepod robot sprite???????
#1018  August 29, 2011, 05:38:53 pm
    • Edtion.TK
Uh, so that was originally in PROJECTS and I moved it here and merged it. I didn't know what else to do with it even though it's a 2 year old video. :-\

He didn't know what to do with it -_-. It's not against any rules to go off the site and find sprites, then post links of them here. It's just.... *for a lack of a better word* stupid/annoying.
I *personally* don't think you should be going around the internet and making posts here about sprites that you found. At least if they aren't like really new that we probably didn't see. You're linking to things made over 2 months ago and in most cases, things from last year. If you're going to link like that then at least do it to sprites that the author just made recently and just didn't post them here.
#1019  August 29, 2011, 05:40:27 pm
  • hmmmm
yup its diepod's
[ftp=ftp://hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d2xd46u]http://hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d2xd46u[/ftp]
#1020  August 29, 2011, 05:42:50 pm
    • Russia