YesNoOk

[HELP REQUEST] CVS to SFA CHEAP K.O. sprites (Read 15494 times)

Started by XamΣeta, March 03, 2011, 09:14:32 pm
Share this topic:
[HELP REQUEST] CVS to SFA CHEAP K.O. sprites
#1  March 03, 2011, 09:14:32 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Hello everybody.

As part of the SFA4 Project I am here to ask for help with Cheap K.O. Sprites.
We need what is available in CVS format to be converted to SFA ratio.
Anyone can apply as long as they have a good time with pixel editing. ;)

For those who are unfamiliar with the term CHEAP K.O. here are some sprite animation examples:

• CHUN-LI
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

• SAGAT

A CHEAP K.O. animation occurs in game series like CVS/SVC/SF3 at the moment when a character is weak of health and blocking, only to receive one or more blows from the opponent that will do away with those last lines of health. As a result, the weak character faints into a knockout and the winning opponent is called "Cheap" for attacking a weak, blocking character.

The SFA series have "Cheap" wins since the first installment, but Capcom did not make animations for Cheap KO until later with CVS. As a result from these "missing" sprite animations in SFA it would look weird, stiff and even kind of glitchy when a character was defeated by Cheap KO. One second the weak character would be blocking, the next split second it would be on the floor, sometimes even just a body on the ground sliding into the nearest corner.

We don't want this mistake to repeat itself onto SFA4, hence this is the reason why we need Cheap KO sprites in the SFA4 project.

Some simple guidelines to keep in mind when submitting:
- Please provide Aligned Axis sprites/animations in your showcased work.
- Use SFA3 Default Palette (A-Ism Punch) in showcasing your work. Street Fighter Palette Database

CVS and SFA sprite packs can be found at justnopoint.com

There's a list of characters that need to be edited to their SFA likeness from other source game sprites/animations (CVS/SVC/SF3). Help is very much need here as well because this is really where it gets challenging. They are:

- Akuma
- Birdie
- Chun Li (SFA Athletic Outfit)
- Dan
- DeeJay
- Fei Long
- Gen
- Juli
- Ken
- Ryu
- Sodom
- T.Hawk
- Vega(claw) (needs pixels fixed from CVS to SFA)
- M.Bison(Dictator)

I speak for the entire SFA4 Project Team by saying that All and Any Help with these sprites/animations will be very, very much appreciated and credited in the release.

Get crackin!
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:00:25 pm by MaxBeta
Re: [HELP REQUEST] CVS to SFA CHEAP K.O. sprites
#2  March 03, 2011, 09:19:33 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Didn't Fido edit some cheap KO sprites for his characters?  You could ask him.
#3  March 03, 2011, 09:29:31 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Didn't Fido edit some cheap KO sprites for his characters?  You could ask him.
Yes he did, although as awesome as his Rose and Chun Li are, it is his CVS style and not SFA.

Meh...I was thinking about Felo atm. I'll go ask Fido, thanks.

But what about the list of almost 20 characters that do not have CVS sprites to go by?
Anybody taken a stab at them?
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 06:51:50 pm by MaxBeta
#4  March 03, 2011, 09:30:34 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Fido's made everyone on that list afaik.  Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Bison and Akuma would be the only ones left cause their sprites are different.
#5  July 06, 2011, 12:15:04 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Well that sure would narrow down the list to a lot less work.
I gotta talk to him. Thanks again bro.

I checked his characters and they really don't have any CHEAP KO sprites except for R.Mika, which is the same animation provided from Warusaki's (I think VioFitz made it???)

Anyways, I'll be updating the list of character animations that need to worked on since we happen to have many animations now that we did not have before.

***BUMPED TO SEE IF THIS THING CATCHES ANYONE'S INTEREST***

Also mods, did I post this in the right section?  :-\
#6  July 09, 2011, 07:29:27 pm
Never even noticed this. how original can these crumples be? cause i enjoyed SF3's Chip K.O. with Makoto and Twelve :P

New #7  July 19, 2011, 10:23:55 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Oh man, glad you mentioned it....Go Crazy I guess?

I mean, Rolento's is pretty effing win. (Open/Close Spoiler to refresh...loop takes forever)

But yeah...it would be awesome to see something like Sodom trying to stab you as he falls and not be able to do it and such...something along those lines.
Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:59:39 pm by MaxBeta
#8  July 20, 2011, 06:47:35 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Max, I'd suggest you to post one sprite of the characters you want to be converted, just for color resource and all. For example, I don't know if your SFZChun has 4 or 5 blue colors in her battlesuit or whatever.

Meh, mi inglés apesta: Pon una imagen de los personajes que quieras que sean convertidos para que la gente pueda tener una idea de los colores exactos a utilizar. Si Chun li tiene 4 o 5 tonos azules o si esos tonos azules concuerdan con los de vuestro sheet, ya que yo(o cualquiera) utiliza unos colores que no corresponden.

PD: yo hago el de Chun Li y el de Juli(woahhhh los fácilessss!!)
I swear there was something cool here!!
#9  July 20, 2011, 07:57:07 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Sure thing Felo!
That's why I linked to the Street Fighter Database site page in the first post...so people can use the default SFA3 A-ISM Punch palette as a base for animation submissions.

Also, it is very cool of you to volunteer once again with these! Chun-Li's traditional costume animation can be found in my first post so you can use it as reference for the sporty athletic outfit version...and also, I'll save you some time on Juli's by providing you with this.
:D

Thanks A LOT, Felo!!! Me BC and others certainly appreciate it!  8)