YesNoOk

Please delete a post. (Read 13622 times)

Started by H Mr. Ton!, May 06, 2015, 10:20:26 pm
Share this topic:
Please delete a post.
#1  May 06, 2015, 10:20:26 pm
  • Nori
    • somecomputersomewhere@yahoo.com
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2110197

My ability to edit and delete comments was disabled because I talked about deleting a comment once.

I wrote a comment on this thread that contained the text "" before a comment, and for some reason that part just didn't show up.  I thought I must have accidentally deleted it so I tried to post a correction below and it did the same thing.  If you don't want an irrelevant double post there, please remove the correction.  I would appreciate it if you would add in the text above as well. 

Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:55:36 am by H Mr. Ton!
Re: Please delete a post.
#2  May 06, 2015, 10:24:49 pm
  • Nori
It deleted the text between the quotation marks again.  I should have seen that coming.  The text was this.
Code:

#3  May 06, 2015, 10:27:44 pm
  • Nori
Ha!  Ok, I'll just write it out.
(At symbol, as in shift + 2)C.v.s The Abstract and anyone else telling Chucho to take his time:
#4  May 06, 2015, 10:28:52 pm
You don't tag anyone by doing that. There isn't a user called "C.v.s The Abstract and anyone else telling Chucho to take his time".

You should tag each one with the correct name but it's too long; so just say
C.v.s The Abstract and anyone else telling Chucho to take his time:
without the @ symbol.
#5  May 06, 2015, 10:45:50 pm
  • Nori
Yes, I understand all of that already. 
Thank you anyway.
#6  May 06, 2015, 11:40:03 pm
Instead of making this topic, you could have just reported your post, saying what you wanted to do.
#7  May 07, 2015, 01:10:03 am
  • Nori
Yes I could have.  But this might prevent someone else from making the same mistake in the future.
#8  May 07, 2015, 01:38:07 am
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
it shouldn't have to matter. they too can just report one of their posts like what alex said.
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#9  May 07, 2015, 03:50:06 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Weren't you placed in the cursed group?

Either way I agree, just report your post and they'll get rid of it.
#10  May 07, 2015, 04:42:12 am
  • Nori
What the fuck is the cursed group?
#11  May 07, 2015, 04:54:03 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#12  May 07, 2015, 04:58:16 am
  • Nori
#13  May 07, 2015, 05:16:11 am
yeah that's what he just said
#14  May 07, 2015, 05:41:54 am
  • Nori
Jesuszilla actually posted a comment after xan, and mine was supposed to be a response to that, but he deleted his post before mine went up.
It still works as a response to JZ's first post tho.
#15  May 07, 2015, 04:35:50 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
My ability to edit and delete comments was disabled because I talked about deleting a comment once.
Nope, it was disabled because you abused of deleting posts and threads you made like that one, so you were put in the "cursed group" where now you can't do that again. Deleting your posts all the time became so disruptive for the forum as making shit talk, derailing threads and necrobumping threads of years ago.

It's your fault this, you deserved it. Now get used to it, period.

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#16  May 07, 2015, 04:48:34 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
To be fair I don't remember him actually deleting his posts. He said he was going to start deleting all the posts he'd made in an argument. So to be sure he didn't he was put in the NoEdit/NoDelete group.

I swore I'd removed the status once he'd calmed down. Didn't I H Mr Ton?

I'm not sure when he got it again. I must have missed something. Unless I didn't remove it like I'd thought I did.

Anyway, constant ganging up like this isn't going to make him want to post better or feel more invited guys. Let's chill on it a bit.
#17  May 07, 2015, 11:56:16 pm
  • tired
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#18  May 08, 2015, 12:07:44 am
  • Nori
Nope, it was disabled because you abused of deleting posts and threads you made like that one, so you were put in the "cursed group" where now you can't do that again. Deleting your posts all the time became so disruptive for the forum as making shit talk, derailing threads and necrobumping threads of years ago.

It's your fault this, you deserved it. Now get used to it, period.
Nope, I never deleted a single post.  I talked about it ONCE and I was talking about doing it in order to avoid a shit fest which did actually take place PRECISELY because my ability to delete posts was removed, and I've been dealing with the consequences of that ever since.  Never "made shit-talk", derailed threads or necro-bumped anything either.  Get your impudent shit straight before you go calling someone a liar and an asshole, Basara. 

To be fair I don't remember him actually deleting his posts. He said he was going to start deleting all the posts he'd made in an argument. So to be sure he didn't he was put in the NoEdit/NoDelete group.

I swore I'd removed the status once he'd calmed down. Didn't I H Mr Ton?

I'm not sure when he got it again. I must have missed something. Unless I didn't remove it like I'd thought I did.

Anyway, constant ganging up like this isn't going to make him want to post better or feel more invited guys. Let's chill on it a bit.
You don't remember me actually deleting my posts because I never did actually delete any of my posts.  In my entire time at the Guild that I'm aware.  Notice all the happily deleted posts in the recycle bin, however, and the delete post button you have. 

I still think that entire situation was handled very poorly by the staff (see my response to Basara for starters).  That group of people did everything they could to turn my attempts to maintain the peace into a shit flinging fest, right from the beginning.  The understanding of their personalities I gained through it has left me wanting to interact with most of them as little as is absolutely possible.  Somehow I wonder if that's the desired effect.  I haven't asked to have my ability to edit / delete posts reinstated and I won't.  You did, however, actually tell me that you were going to reinstate it once about 2 months ago, which you never did.  You can imagine why I didn't bother saying anything about it.

And you're absolutely right, the fact that staff not only allows, but regularly ENCOURAGES by PARTICIPATEING in offensive groups ganging up on a single person, like myself, does make me feel a lot less like posting on this forum at all, let alone actually contributing any of my work.  And I doubt I'm alone here, because that kind of thing happens a lot.
Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:57:24 am by H Mr. Ton!
#19  May 08, 2015, 12:10:15 am
  • Nori
XAN, I don't understand your confusion, sorry.
#20  May 08, 2015, 12:11:10 am
  • tired
Basara said you were Cursed in spite of me already correcting that misconception earlier in the topic. It wasn't confusion, it was annoyance.