YesNoOk

Having a Singles Match activate during Team Arcade? (Read 913 times)

Started by RagingRowen, February 24, 2019, 04:14:13 am
Share this topic:
Having a Singles Match activate during Team Arcade?
#1  February 24, 2019, 04:14:13 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I became interested in this when I looked at a compilation titled King of Fighters: Definitive Match and at the Final Fight with Rugal (His CVS Look) he would be a Single character even when Turns Mode was on for the CPU. Normally he would be Multiple Rugals.

I can't seem to replicate this. I may have to give you guys a link to it so you can check for yourself because I couldn't find anything useful in the files (yet).
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Re: Having a Singles Match activate during Team Arcade?
#2  February 26, 2019, 09:18:14 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So one way you could spoof this is to give THAT character it's own
Order = number
in the select.def. NO other character could have that value otherwise Mugen would team them up together.

In game you'd check to see if you had a partner, if so, double the health and whatever else. Double health would probably just need to be a defense increase I think.

It seems possible.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  February 26, 2019, 10:06:51 am
    • Greece
he will fight 2 rugals, a single match cannot activate in team battle only in simul mode, maybe you can use story mode mugen it has the option for team and single fights.
#4  February 26, 2019, 12:02:47 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You could have a custom 5900 to make p4 invisible and kill itself before the round starts. Or take the same damage as p2 takes. The lifebars would be the only thing that would give it away.
Like I mentioned, this is more of a spoof than an actual method.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  February 26, 2019, 05:27:19 pm
yeah you can literally make a placeholder invisible character that is also in the same last order as your boss character, so when you get to the final round no character actually appears, and you can just make that character have 0 life in the beginning of the round right away.

I kind of do the same thing with a boss, but since mines a standalone game, I just have code where if the partner detects that their partner is the boss character, their HP goes to 0 only leaving the boss character since the boss would be too OP with a partner.
#6  February 26, 2019, 06:58:44 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
But in the game I am referencing, it switches from Turns mode to Single Mode on the CPU side. See screenshots:
One match:

The match after:

I found this in the Rugal's CNS, but I inserted it onto DW's Akuma (Mr Ansatsuken's Edit) but no luck, but I may lead somewhere helpful.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update