YesNoOk

Supergirl (early WIP - sprites) (Read 34033 times)

Started by Toni, January 06, 2009, 04:36:47 am
Share this topic:
Re: Supergirl (early WIP - sprites)
#61  March 12, 2009, 03:38:35 pm
the link he posted has an interview with the thread starter, quit being so obnoxious for a minute
#62  March 13, 2009, 03:21:29 am
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
Everywhere? I make less than a post a day on this forum per my profile.

And whenever I post a hyperlink, it is to a different article, and in this case, one relevant to the Supergirl WIP. And not only relevant in this case, but discussion with the creator who was kind enough to drop some information that had not been publicly discussed anywhere before.

So to those that read the article, I thank you.
#63  March 18, 2009, 05:27:07 pm
Funny, in your interview you didn't ask the hard hitting question of why Toni choose to do that particular version of Supergirl rather than another. DC/Supergirl/Superman fans know what I'm talking about with Matrix, Linda, Crisis Supergirl, The Batman/Superman Supergirl.

Also another hard hitting question would be if he or the group would considered taking on a project for Powergirl in the near future.

Those would have been priority questions for me as a fan and a writer. But don't get me wrong you did ask about the project and how it was going and that's always good imput from the creator. But thanks for posting the link to at least read what Toni had to say about your questions.
#64  March 19, 2009, 06:10:46 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Well, if you really want to know, there's no problem to answer these questions here. :)

Funny, in your interview you didn't ask the hard hitting question of why Toni choose to do that particular version of Supergirl rather than another.
You mean other than the fact that I used the cartoon version as a reference rather than one of the comic versions? Well, I prefer this outfit over the usual red and blue ones.

el852 said:
Also another hard hitting question would be if he or the group would considered taking on a project for Powergirl in the near future.
Group? What group? As for Powergirl, no, there are no plans for her (or any other character at the moment for that matter. Please let me finish Supergirl first ;)).
#65  March 21, 2009, 11:17:35 pm
you didn't ask the hard hitting questions

Um, I do not do hard hitting questions. Why, because it is a privilege to even get the chance to ask questions like that in the format I did from any creator for publication.

If there was a hard hitting question, it is very simple for Toni or any other creator that shares information with me and Favorite Fiction Blog to simply say no.

Not to mention, every article serves as a reference for other creators to work with us in the future. And I'd rather continue writing such pieces than turn off creators due to hard hitting questions a small percentage of people would like to hear.

Besides, that was not hard hitting, and there is nothing to stop you from asking Toni or anyone else for that matter those types of things. Also, nothing stopping said creators from passing on answering either.

Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:53:35 pm by volzzilla
#66  April 06, 2009, 05:11:54 pm
  • Hollatcha Boy!
So far so FANTASTIC!
Little by little! but there it goes! Making sprites its a pain but it is very rewarding too!
This project is starting to take a very nice shape! keep it up man! and dont worry about the cape, you can do that at the end or very later on.

Ill scan some concept for a super if that would help tough.

cheers!
#67  April 16, 2009, 11:46:01 pm
she looks very fine but she needs to show some of her panties every time she kicks or something
#68  May 13, 2009, 06:26:21 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Wow, more than a month has passed without any update. Bet you thought I forgot about the project, huh? Well, I still don't have as much time to work on her as I'd like, but she's still in the works. And just to show that I wasn't completely idle, here's a fresh and new attack animation:

This will be her heavy kick. :)

Pitalla, thanks a lot and thanks for the offer. While I have planned out most of her moves, I'm still open to suggestions (but I won't promise anything).

Rennba... thanks, but in my opinion no char needs panty-shots. Supergirl has got quite a short skirt, so you might still see some by pausing the game with good timing if you so desire, but I won't put any emphasize to them.
#69  May 13, 2009, 06:42:32 am
that kick looks really good!! :)
#70  May 13, 2009, 07:09:30 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Anything for the light & medium kicks (or did I miss those)?
#71  May 14, 2009, 02:11:32 am
She lives!  Sweet.  8)
#72  May 14, 2009, 02:38:17 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Toni, While I was tempted to slap Rennba for those perverted thinkings, I thought otherwise.
#73  June 10, 2009, 04:40:17 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
And another small update. ;D Nothing spectacular, just a jumping animation, but still, progress is progress. ;P

Uche_of_MFG, medium kick is finished but I haven't shown it yet. Light kick is still in the works.
#74  June 11, 2009, 06:39:35 am
Love the look, but should it be a little faster? Part of me thinks she is taking flight...which I know the comic character can do.
#75  June 11, 2009, 06:53:13 am
  • DAT SAX
That would be adjusted in-game.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#76  June 11, 2009, 07:38:07 am
Love the look, but should it be a little faster? Part of me thinks she is taking flight...which I know the comic character can do.

Maybe it's slowed down to show more of the frames or maybe it's slower because she's almost in fly mode, kinda like Peter Pan in his SNES game?

Anyway she looks great and I'm going to marry her someday  ;D
#77  June 17, 2009, 10:40:13 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Light kick  ;D
#78  June 17, 2009, 11:08:55 am
#79  June 18, 2009, 01:04:34 am

Ashurex

#80  June 18, 2009, 09:59:09 pm
This character is coming along great. Be sure to take your time, thats the only advice I can say.