YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2432921 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#7721  April 16, 2014, 03:15:48 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Thanks [E] and Lurker, I'll take a look about them ;) Also, what about Steins;Gate?? I saw the opening and heard people talk about this series, but I'm not sure if see it or not, not sure if looks as cyberpunk (or even steampunk, maybe). Is it worth to watch??

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#7722  April 16, 2014, 03:38:56 pm
It's not cyberpunk ,but it's definitely Sci-fi. I think the show is worth watching.
#7723  April 16, 2014, 04:41:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah it's definitely a must watch, would have been show of the year if said year was not 2011, it's still considered the top show of that year (along with fate cerdo ) by some western media.
#7724  April 16, 2014, 05:16:30 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Thanks [E] and Lurker, I'll take a look about them ;) Also, what about Steins;Gate?? I saw the opening and heard people talk about this series, but I'm not sure if see it or not, not sure if looks as cyberpunk (or even steampunk, maybe). Is it worth to watch??

I wanted to ask this too. It looks pretty cool, originally coming from a video game. Also if you were interested in Cyperpunk, try out Psycho-Pass, I doubt that you will regret watching it :)
#7725  April 16, 2014, 06:47:51 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Psycho-Pass is gooood, you should watch it.

I just finished Zombie-Loan. It was quite boring. At the end of the anime, a new arc is introduced which actually looks like it'll be decent. Buuuuuuut it's manga only.

So yeah. Zombie-Loan is easily forgettable and I wouldn't recommend it.... even if you have a thing for homoerotic undertones.

Time for some Precure! Whooo-Hoooo TITTIES!
#7726  April 16, 2014, 07:01:25 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
#7727  April 16, 2014, 07:43:35 pm
episode 2 no game no life = fucking win.
#7728  April 16, 2014, 10:55:19 pm
#7729  April 17, 2014, 12:49:59 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
finally watched hacha precure 11. now normally i don't care about yellow cures but cure honey is the exception:

and for her finishing move she pretty much summons meteor

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7730  April 17, 2014, 06:53:15 pm
That transformation is great but, too long. I like the music on the background.
#7731  April 18, 2014, 04:54:44 am
well a group transformation can take as long as 4 (or so) minutes. and in the 1st all star movie since there were only 4 teams they included the full transformations so almost 16 minutes of the movie were transformations sequences (i know nobody cares but i'm going to say it anyway).

and i'm going to leave this here for more badass music and over-the-top finishing moves in little girls anime

and while we are on the subject of magical girls: i started reading the nanoha innocent manga which is a spin-off manga that takes place in a paralell universe where there are no magical battles and every character from the franchise is there and get along and have a happy every day life.

plus my lovely FEITO-CHAN!! comes in 3 different flavors: alicia, fate and levi so the only thing missing is to have mizuki nana to voice them all. man this sure is going to be a fun ri-.... oh, what's this? there are still magical battles? well, ok. some friendly competition is quite welco-... <sigh> the battles that take place in a VR-children-card-game-enviroment?!

GODDAMNIT JAPAN!!
#7732  April 18, 2014, 05:17:26 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am reading the mma nanoha manga instead.
#7733  April 18, 2014, 05:37:24 am
the nanoha what manga?

so i started reading the GuP manga (the original one) and right after the introduction this came up:

//edit: oh yeah, almost forgot: I am the bone of my sword...
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:43:53 am by Bastard Wolf
#7734  April 18, 2014, 05:46:15 am
welcome to the club. now go play some wot and kill everyone with your stug or hetzer.
#7735  April 18, 2014, 06:04:07 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

Thats pretty fucked up ._.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#7736  April 18, 2014, 06:09:04 am
welcome to the club. now go play some wot and kill everyone with your stug or hetzer.
UTE! UTE! UTE! UTE! UTEEEE!!!

ok, so now we have a "love triangle" in watamote between yuu-chan, tomoko and komi-something

- will yuu-chan be able to handle two obsessive girlfriends at the same time?
- who will win the yuu-chan?

oh yeah, and this happened in the previous chapter:

which is specially funny because both tomoko and the japanese dub of RD are voiced by kitta izumi

and TWGOK ended (still no scanlations) but judging by previous chapter what might happen is:
#7737  April 18, 2014, 06:18:41 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#7738  April 18, 2014, 06:26:10 am
I most definitely will be watching Chaika because the action scenes in the first two episodes have been fairly on point. They all seem to be more well thought out and deliberate rather than flailing about. Also, exploding man-eating unicorns. Gimmie more.

Since my idol anime distaste has been eroded over the years, i'm watching Idol Master. Not too bad, but it isn't unseating Love Live for yet.

#7739  April 18, 2014, 07:01:03 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
talking about idol anime I am wondering if the akb0048 is only enjoyable if you konw the actual group.
#7740  April 18, 2014, 07:08:31 am
I didn't know shit and thought enjoyable enough.

The hard part is listening to the music.