YesNoOk

What kind of lives do we lead? (Read 9714 times)

Started by Shundhi, October 08, 2011, 05:00:52 am
Share this topic:

hjk

What kind of lives do we lead?
#1  October 08, 2011, 05:00:52 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
Recently my entire world was turned on it's head and it has left me in a kind of limbo where I'm constantly evaluating everything. Because of that I'm going to come clean about how I feel and use that as a springboard to inquire about everyone else's lives while trying to admit new things to myself.

The more and more I visit this forum, the more I get the sense that most of us have failed or are failing in some aspect of our lives. I'm starting to find my time here very unentertaining and almost completely absent of depth. The one thing that truly plagues me, though, is this overwhelming resent I have for the fact that "status" could be important within the mugen community - I can't understand it, primarily because I don't see how Mugen could become THAT important to anyone. Although this is, I think that it simply points to a prevailing need for control within me and even to a compulsion to prove that I'm right all of the time. That said, I'm still baffled by the idea that anyone could put such odd importance on status here.
When I find something irrational/illogical I have to prove it wrong and get frustrated when I don't succeed; I always wind up puzzling myself as to why I wasn't able to show the other people that their way of thinking was useless . What I find weirder about myself is that I have a vicious bloodlust for competion but only with those whom I believe are thinking for themselves.

Anyway, when I'm on the forum and see jackasssed threads persist for 7 pages, I wonder to myself, why it is that we could possibly find this shit important. So many uninvolved people jumped in just to say the exact same thing, but I was wondering, 'WHY?!' It adds to the sense I get that many of us are failing in more significant aspects of life and have delegated ourselves to seeking importance in situations and at somethings that are completely silly. Our relatively dull forum-wide jokes seem to back up my claim, but then again, I'm no better because I don't even laugh at my own jokes which tend to be mockeries of the outlandish concerns I've seen brought up here.

Well, that's my two cents. I didn't mention what I do in life because it's not important. I wanted to know how everyone else felt about the forum and what exactly they do besides it. Does MFG play a big role in your life; how important is it to you?
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:19:34 pm by Dammit. Duo! Dude, I'm gonna miss you man!!!
Re: What kind of lives do we lead?
#2  October 08, 2011, 05:03:09 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
:stare:
#3  October 08, 2011, 05:12:12 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
"people disagree with my point of view, they must fail at life"

Also, MFG is not your personal blog.
#4  October 08, 2011, 05:13:00 am
  • You deserve respect and justice, so we demand it!
    • USA
YouTube | Google

Spoiler: You want to know what really pisses me off? (click to see content)

hjk

#5  October 08, 2011, 05:20:03 am
    • Afghanistan
"people disagree with my point of view, they must fail at life"
Also, MFG is not your personal blog.
Normally I'd just brush this off, but I'll reply this time.

That is exactly what I'm talking about.
You know that wasn't the point of my post yet you summarized it this way anyway.
The post:
'Are there things that I need to admit to myself? Am I wasting my energy by analyzing our forumgoers and myself too much? Do we all actually have lives? Why is it that we actively choose to take these things so seriously?'
I'm posting the honest impression I get, because I'm being honest about my feelings, but I'm asking what is in everyone's head? What else do we do? Why are the specific things I highlighted important to us? What is the "Why?"

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:27:59 am by Dammit. Duo! Dude, I'm gonna miss you man!!!
#6  October 08, 2011, 05:27:56 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Posting witty and funny comments at things is human nature, that's all.
Jumping the bandwagon is human nature, because you're then part of a huge family : the cool guys. Everybody wants to be part of this cool family, because everybody seeks recognition a way or another.
People are sheeps, remember ?

People also come here to spend some time, but for various different reasons. Some are here to seek help for Mugen creation, some are interested in various media and info and comment on what they see. The forum experience is what you make out of it. Some people made pretty good internet friends here, while others would just release their stuff and go back to their cave for the next creation. To each his own.

MFG takes some of my time yeah. As I'm working in front of a computer all day long, it allows me to have fun and relax, in different ways depending on the topics, as would Facebook for other people.
#7  October 08, 2011, 05:32:56 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#8  October 08, 2011, 06:08:58 am
  • I got a PM.
I can't help but think that this has something to do with his dick being broken.

If you want to know why I hang here... Because I love to escape into 2D fighting. I have been doing it since the arcade version on Street Fighter 2 or should I say the original version.

Even better is a version of a 2d fighter that I can work on myself. Add on top of that, like minded people who are just as interested as I am.

The rest of my life is very serious minus the few days and times I get to spend with friends or my girlfriend.

The forum itself did not interest me really, but after making friends that I have never actually met... I am now interested in it.

Finally, I like also enjoy watching stupid people get beat down especially now that I don't have to stop them from doing it.

You sir... Are quickly approaching a mental beating by the other users because of posts like this one. I suggest fixing your dick and enjoy yourself.
#9  October 08, 2011, 06:09:47 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
oh my shit he is so right?

* Frederika Bernkastel~ quits his job (which has one extra free day a week and twice the pay of an average job), unlearns his secondary language, rips off his college graduation, says bye to all his friends , gifts house and car to strangers,  breaks up with girlfriend , stops donating money and time to charity, stops exercising every other day and stops posting on guild.

yet, never felt better, my life was so wrong.

If you want to know why I hang here...

I think you do because you wear boxers all day.
#10  October 08, 2011, 06:12:46 am
  • I got a PM.
I will tell you a secret E. I don't wear anything at the apartment.

And I call "bullshit" on you working out every other day.

By the way... Are you doing grad work now or did you get a real job?
#11  October 08, 2011, 06:13:06 am
    • USA
#12  October 08, 2011, 06:15:08 am
  • I got a PM.
Dammit E... You know better than tell people on here things about yourself. It always goes to the land of "uh huh Walrus"

But not really, you working or grad schooling now?
#13  October 08, 2011, 06:21:43 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I ignore gay people, they are inferior by definition, except lesbians, they are superior by definition.

I finished college around 6 years ago, then got a crappy job as a data entry clerk to support myself while I kept on studying during weekends and job hunting for close to two years until an IT job opening was available and I got the job, then the company went bankrupt with the 2k8-9 recession so I spent another year working by myself/ doing tech support which had a decent pay but horrible hours until I landed my current IT job slightly over a year ago. Have not taken any "real" extra studies after college, just keeping up with technologies and doing a lto fo research as I work in computer sceince.
#14  October 08, 2011, 06:26:34 am
  • I got a PM.
Meh in your field, I am not sure what a PH.D gives you besides the ability to teach and you would be a dickhead teacher lol.
#15  October 08, 2011, 06:27:36 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#16  October 08, 2011, 06:28:15 am
    • USA
#17  October 08, 2011, 06:28:21 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
do the lives we lead to pokemon count?
#18  October 08, 2011, 06:33:35 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/

hjk

#19  October 08, 2011, 06:37:06 am
    • Afghanistan
Jumping the bandwagon is human nature, because you're then part of a huge family : the cool guys. Everybody wants to be part of this cool family, because everybody seeks recognition a way or another.
People are sheeps, remember ?
That's the particular issue that I'm getting at in terms of the forum. How does something as simple as Mugen inspire arguments and even a whole hierarchical system? I personally view that as completely pathetic, but am I wrong to feel that way or do any others feel the same way?
But I'm also wondering why such a mentality prevails in society?

oh my shit he is so right?
* Frederika Bernkastel~ quits his job (which has one extra free day a week and twice the pay of an average job), unlearns his secondary language, rips off his college graduation, says bye to all his friends , gifts house and car to strangers,  breaks up with girlfriend , stops donating money and time to charity, stops exercising every other day and stops posting on guild.
yet, never felt better, my life was so wrong.
The fucked up thing is that you got the entire point. I'm literally sitting down everyday questioning society as a whole.
Why are people such followers? Why is it that everyone doesn't just live for themselves and ditch this commodity called money? Why do we choose to make ourselves answerable to a few? Why do we fear the opinions of others? Why? What is this?
I'm contemplating leaving it, but I'm scared.

Finally, I like also enjoy watching stupid people get beat down especially now that I don't have to stop them from doing it.
You sir... Are quickly approaching a mental beating by the other users because of posts like this one. I suggest fixing your dick and enjoy yourself.
Man, you really don't know me at all. Then again, I really wouldn't have expected that post from you.
Me:
- I believe that anyone should have the right to post what they feel. Why should I have to censor my emotions? Because I might offend other people or evoke a silly reaction on their part? That's just stupid. The other people should be ok enough with themselves to think absolutely nothing of the criticism.
aka No one should be able to influence my choices nor exercise any power over me at all. If I don't ask you, then I'm perfectly free to ignore you or just make the choice whether to or not to follow what you say.
/]That's it.

do the lives we lead to pokemon count?
That depends on what you mean. Meh, explain.

#20  October 08, 2011, 06:40:05 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
does anyone know anything about sean schemmel because he's like:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

He should be stopped he should pay for his crimes, and don't say he didn't do anything wrong because ever since he voiced grings kodai, our pokemon lives lead nothing but sadness and despair, i want wesker to impale through his body with his hand, i want ghost rider to choke around the chain on him, and tie up with his flaming chopper, etc. i talk too much, that is all!