YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248172 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#141  March 08, 2012, 11:07:42 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Could'nt the movie mutation be a palette of his TMNT 4 SNES boss form?
#142  March 08, 2012, 11:13:09 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
I feel like a dumbass for not taking care of those movie edition figures. I had all of them at one point. Easily the best figures. And worth lots to collectors.
I feel you bro. I gave away my entire Playmates collection when I was 15 to a poor kid. I kept all the original boxing as well.

I still have a few leftover like Mondo Gecko, Baxter Stockman (mutated Fly), Wingnut & Screwloose, Krang (brain by itself) and two mousers.

Present day, even as old as I am, I really feel like getting these though...they are hot shit.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:17:08 pm by MaxBeta
#143  March 08, 2012, 11:29:02 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I used to have a mega collection of figures and accessories. Like the Module, Turtle Van, the Pizza Thrower, that Cadillac Foot Vehicle and Krangs large 14 inch robot body on top of like 30 or so figures. I actually went ahead and purchased all of the playmates reissues a few years ago.

But yeah, I regret not taking care of my Movie Edition figures. The turtles were fantastic and perfectly sculpted. 80% of their bodies were molded rubber!! I think you have to pay like 40+ for each turtle on eBay.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#144  March 08, 2012, 11:39:27 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

there was supposed to be a necca mirage shredder as well, but i think it never saw release.
#145  March 09, 2012, 12:06:07 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

Present day, even as old as I am, I really feel like getting these though...they are hot shit.

Awwww yeah I have these :D In a glorious 4-pack box I might add :D

Actually, this one ;)
#146  March 09, 2012, 12:18:35 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

^very cool Baltz. I wants.

I had the entire cast including other mutants like Usagi Yojimbo and Slash, The Technodrome, The Party Wagon, and that Purple Jet Ski that Rat King is seen riding in the Pizza Monster's bonus level.

Lots of great nostalgic memories with those toys.

and yeah, I read about that Necca Shredder not being released a while back which totally blows since it is too dope.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#147  March 09, 2012, 12:40:24 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I want that Shredder sculpture!! Wow!!

And all of this amazing nostalgia proves that Mugen is indeed a digital action figure collection. Of massive proportions!! Well, that's dependant on how big your own collection is.

Dcat has this amazing way of infusing a mix of nostalgia, accuracy and charm into each of his creations. I can't wait until Shredder is playable. God is this thread making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm such a nostalgia whore....

MC2 should make palettes for this. Seriously.  :sugoi:

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#148  March 09, 2012, 01:34:58 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
I usually like to handle most of the palette work myself, here's what I've got so far:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I just need the Fred Wolf Cartoon and 2 original palettes really. I've yet to release a template since I don't have all of the shared components assembled yet (Midnight Bliss, Rocksteady & Bebop strikers etc.)
#149  March 09, 2012, 01:38:48 am
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
Oh wow, dcat, that is so great!

As far as I'm concerned, "TMNT 1 NES" Shredder is really stealing the show!
#150  March 09, 2012, 02:10:07 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
:pwnonk:

MDD

#151  March 09, 2012, 02:21:47 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
#152  March 09, 2012, 02:32:07 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I think I got you two guys mixed up.... LOL

#153  March 09, 2012, 03:05:03 am
    • USA
#154  March 09, 2012, 04:05:38 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Dude, Iced, awesome battalion of quotes. Also awesome pics of those Necca action figures. I'm getting all misty here with all this nostalgia. If I cry, I'll sue... ;_;..orrr maybe I'll just go watch the 1st movie again. Man, as a kid I watched the scene of them vs the shredder all the time. Even at one point I tried to re create it with action figures, but somehow I've never had a Shredder action figure, so I got Wolverine in a batman cape...it was kinda sad.
#155  March 10, 2012, 03:55:22 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
I remember the 90's T.M.N.T. Toy Line.  :swoon:

#156  March 10, 2012, 04:04:18 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I remember the 90's T.M.N.T. Toy Line.  :swoon:

Wow man. First off, I guarantee that if we were all hanging out as kids, we would get along great with plenty of awesome figure battles. These figures were the ones I bought when playmates re-released them back in early 2000 IIRC. As a kid, I also remember some turtles variants having rubber heads. And as the figure line became increasingly popular, sculptures quality also improved. Rat King and Slash had some great details.

Dude, Iced, awesome battalion of quotes. Also awesome pics of those Necca action figures. I'm getting all misty here with all this nostalgia. If I cry, I'll sue... ;_;..orrr maybe I'll just go watch the 1st movie again. Man, as a kid I watched the scene of them vs the shredder all the time. Even at one point I tried to re create it with action figures, but somehow I've never had a Shredder action figure, so I got Wolverine in a batman cape...it was kinda sad.

I think Wolverine in a cape is a mighty fine idea. I remember having the Turtles fighting my Batman and Terminator figures back in the day. No wonder why we all love Mugen so much!!

#157  March 10, 2012, 06:45:05 pm
  • Mugenite
    • www.freewebs.com/mangalegend
I rock

#158  March 10, 2012, 08:36:16 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
@Saikoro, i can imagine us playing around with all these figures all day as kids!  ;D
@Zantetsuken, dude that's AWESOME!! i wish i had them, take good care of those toys cuz' they are invaluable!!  :sugoi:
#159  March 10, 2012, 08:43:12 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Super nostalgia fest, guys. When  was a kid I had about a million of the same series one Leonardo he kept breaking cause of all the action I'd put him through and my parents spoiled me rotten. I managed to nab those classic figures again when Playmates did their 25th anniversary reissue a few years ago (cost me an arm and a leg though thanks to Toys R'Us price gouging). Fun times.

Speaking of which, I found a ton of pics of different Shredder toys, perhaps they could be good inspiration for palettes? :)

Next Mutation Shredder:

Thanks a bunch for digging these up, I've included my take on a Next Mutation Palette

The new idle stance for claw mode has a bit more refined animation to it as well.

And here's a few of Shredder's Air Sword attacks so far

Things are shaping up style-wise so I think the aesthetics should be improving the further along I get.

EDIT: I'm thinking for his special Desperation Attack that Shredder should throw a thermite grenade at the opponent like he did in the comic book but it backfired. Does anybody have scans of the tmnt & Shredder fight on the rooftop from the original comic I can use as reference?
Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:55:11 pm by Dcat
#160  March 10, 2012, 11:23:09 pm
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/

EDIT: I'm thinking for his special Desperation Attack that Shredder should throw a thermite grenade at the opponent like he did in the comic book but it backfired. Does anybody have scans of the tmnt & Shredder fight on the rooftop from the original comic I can use as reference?

While they aren't exactly high resolution scans, you can still access all the old comics that used to be hosted on the official NinjaTurtles.com site (through Internet Archive):
http://web.archive.org/web/20070129110134/http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/one/pg37.htm
http://web.archive.org/web/20070129110145/http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/one/pg38.htm