#723  October 24, 2012, 05:44:34 am
  • Cool guy,ripper and sometimes spriter
The claw looks a little bit weird Dcat other than that amazing job
Don't have cocaine,have cookaine
Re: Shredder WIP
#724  October 25, 2012, 06:51:33 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Eh my only complaint is the absence of claws on the hand holding the canister, but whatever I don't care. I just want to play with BucketHead. Now my only question is. Does he have a palette matching his cartoon colors?
#725  October 25, 2012, 06:56:51 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Yes, it was posted quite some time ago (if you mean 89' cartoon palette)
#726  October 25, 2012, 07:22:33 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
The claw looks a little bit weird Dcat other than that amazing job
Eh my only complaint is the absence of claws on the hand holding the canister, but whatever I don't care. I just want to play with BucketHead. Now my only question is. Does he have a palette matching his cartoon colors?

I probably won't change it. I could add the claws onto his left hand but I don't want to make his hyper portrait too wide. All of my turtles' portraits actually have some of their images abruptly cut-off I believe as the select icons did in the initial games that they originated from.
This sprite suits my needs just fine, I'm not a stickler for absolute perfection here. If it fits the style and doesn't look like shit, I'm content.

As far as coding goes I've now made it so Shredder goes into his hold animation if EX CLAWS connect.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also started working on SUPER SHREDDER HYPER mode today.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So far simple state restriction using a timer variable is working. No crouching, jumps, or dashes are allowed while transformed. Shredder's attacks will be altered as well.

I'd really like to get my hands on a character with well-coded super armor and hitoverrides so I can best make this into the tank mode that it needs to be. Do you guys have any recommendations? I can't for the life of me find KungFuMan's updated MVC1 Abyss online anywhere... I know for a fact that his updated version has the super armor code I'm after as it can't be glitched by rapid comboing characters like his initial version or Mech Zangief's armor can. Any help here is appreciated.
#727  October 25, 2012, 07:29:05 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Would SeanAltly's Mr X be a good example? Just throwing it out there.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#728  October 25, 2012, 07:57:26 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Dcat, do you need exactly Abyss by KFM?
Because Abyss by Sludge has super armor too (and all 3 forms not one). I'm not sure if it's code for super armor is what you need
P.S. Cant wait to  see Super Shredder in action - keep it coming :)

DW

#729  October 25, 2012, 08:09:42 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

Yeah, that seems like a good option for reference with Super Armor coding. Or you could check out Kamekaze's Juggernaunt or Hulk. Splode's Juggenaunt may be good too. I haven't noticed any problems with any of the forementioned chars in that regard to their Super Armor.
#730  October 25, 2012, 08:39:00 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
You got Infinite Broly as well.
#731  October 25, 2012, 09:10:59 pm
Dcat, do you need exactly Abyss by KFM?
Because Abyss by Sludge has super armor too (and all 3 forms not one). I'm not sure if it's code for super armor is what you need
P.S. Cant wait to  see Super Shredder in action - keep it coming :)

Yes, I've checked out Sludge's and for all its additional modes, its nowhere near as complete in the first as was KFM's Abyss form 1. Plus the opponent can push and slide Sludge's Abyss all the way across the screen which wasn't possible neither in the source game nor with KungFuMan's version; I'm looking to reproduce those same characteristics for Super Shredder and it'd be helpful to check out the code. If anybody has or comes across this character please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Yeah, that seems like a good option for reference with Super Armor coding. Or you could check out Kamekaze's Juggernaunt or Hulk. Splode's Juggenaunt may be good too. I haven't noticed any problems with any of the forementioned chars in that regard to their Super Armor.

You got Infinite Broly as well.

I'll look into these.
#732  October 26, 2012, 03:36:41 am
  • Shakespear.
#733  October 26, 2012, 04:56:32 am
  • Cool guy,ripper and sometimes spriter
The answer is they'll be one and the same.

I am going to include four uniquely color separated soldiers Orange, Blue, Green, and Purple in Shredder's .SFF. I can make each color use 2 weapon types if need be. I wouldn't be too hung up on the name distinctions between Foot Soldier and Foot Ninja, don't forget the Foot Soldier sprites use ninja weapons; spear, katana, shuriken, sansetukon, tonfas. I planned to do extensive color separation (head, collar arms, cuffs, feet) on each foot soldier sprite so that they'll appear either as the troops from the cartoon and arcade games or as the ninjas from mirage comics and tmnt 2k3 when those respective character palettes are chosen. There was also a cool palette choice for the Foot Soldiers based on the Japanese box art for the Return of the Shredder game that I've been wanting to realize in MUGEN since this project began.

You should totally make a palette based on the foot soldiers from tournament fighters
Don't have cocaine,have cookaine
#734  October 26, 2012, 02:34:24 pm
#735  October 26, 2012, 08:59:10 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Is there any way someone could edit this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3bwy7BbRIc
It'd be awesome to have it loop properly and be fitting for MUGEN. If I could do it I'd have the song start around the 1:55 mark and find a way to have it loop properly. It's perfect for Shredder.

DW

#736  October 26, 2012, 09:17:00 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Looks like the blades are missing on the hand holding the ooze, but great job none the less!!

IIRC, Shredder is only supposed to have the blades on one hand. I know it's that way for the TMNT series. He may have had the blades on both hands for the classic 80's series though.

#737  October 26, 2012, 09:31:24 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
It'd be awesome to have it loop properly and be fitting for MUGEN. If I could do it I'd have the song start around the 1:55 mark and find a way to have it loop properly. It's perfect for Shredder.

Didn't like that one. Not really a good theme cover if you ask me.
Now this one is the real thing imho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo6ApP_qJs8

Posted: October 26, 2012, 09:34:16 pm
IIRC, Shredder is only supposed to have the blades on one hand. I know it's that way for the TMNT series. He may have had the blades on both hands for the classic 80's series though.
He had blades on both hands in 89' cartoon and in original mirage comics as well.

He only had blades on one left arm in 2003 series.
#738  October 26, 2012, 10:19:42 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:29:56 pm by Niko the Majin
#739  October 26, 2012, 11:03:28 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Yeah, that one is classic. But in that video it's in bad quality
P.S. good thing I still have prepared better edit of "Shredder's suit" mp3 in good quality ;)

Posted: October 26, 2012, 11:15:50 pm
P.S. Dcat, I happen to have Abyss by KFM, but  think it is not his latest version (updated one)
The readme says Last Update: Nov 27, 2007 Version: 0.9, Completion: ~94%
Do you need it or nope?
Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:16:20 pm by YagamiBrando
#740  October 26, 2012, 11:27:15 pm

Looks like the blades are missing on the hand holding the ooze, but great job none the less!!

He had blades on both hands in 89' cartoon and in original mirage comics as well.

He only had blades on one left arm in 2003 series.

I probably won't change it. I could add the claws onto his left hand but I don't want to make his hyper portrait too wide. All of my turtles' portraits actually have some of their images abruptly cut-off I believe as the select icons did in the initial games that they originated from.
This sprite suits my needs just fine, I'm not a stickler for absolute perfection here. If it fits the style and doesn't look like shit, I'm content.

Didn't like that one. Not really a good theme cover if you ask me.
Now this one is the real thing imho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo6ApP_qJs8

Yes, not to worry, this little detail hadn't escaped me. I was planning to include the little prelude music that plays for Shredder's aura pillar intro against the turtles. I'm most likely going to use the Hyperstone Heist version. Should I also include the Shredder boss music to play throughout the round as well? I'd most likely use the arcade rip of it.

There's also Abyss by XSlaught.

Thanks so much, this is the most complete version by far. It should be a great point of reference.

@YagamiBrando by all means please send me a PM. I'd still like to see what impressed me so much about it way back when.