YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248291 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#941  January 05, 2013, 07:12:23 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Oh I had one last question before we're hopefully making Toitle Soop with the human Cheeser Grater. Did you add a function in the config or anything allowing disabling of turning into Super Shredder? Just thinking of having a normal version of Shredder to prevent raping friends playing on our TV too hard.
#942  January 05, 2013, 07:37:54 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Goddamn.... That's all I can say here.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#943  January 05, 2013, 07:42:53 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
#944  January 05, 2013, 07:49:57 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
@Niko the Majin: If you weren't three states over, I'd gladly invite you. I already have an adaptor, but thank you for asking. :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#945  January 05, 2013, 08:11:52 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
LOL! I need to change that!
#946  January 05, 2013, 09:00:02 pm
^ Oh most definitely.

Its been a really productive few days now.

SUPER SHREDDER UPDATE - 1/5/2013
========================

-Added wall bounce and floor bounce effects to Super Shredder normals
-Sprited new Heavy Kick for Super Shredder
-Decreased the startup walking delay while in SUPER SHREDDER MODE
-Added additional SUPER SHREDDER Winpose inspired by SNES Tournament Fighters
-Prevented SUPER SHREDDER MODE from ending prematurely if Super Shredder wins but has Power <=0
-Added GAUNTLET BLUR SUPER to SUPER SHREDDER MODE (QCF,QCF + Any Punch button / Rapidly Press any Punch Button); -1000 power cost
-Re-mapped SUPER SHREDDER's THUNDER WAVE SUPER to (QCF,QCF, Any Kick Button); -1000 power cost

SHREDDER UPDATE - 1/5/2013
====================

-Changed braking animation
-Added alternate command for special Kick techniques (QCF + Any Kick button)
-Removed ability to chain into Aura Crusher from Gauntlet Blur
-Shredder's mid level roundhouse (no knockdown) is once again the default Heavy Kick
-Changed input for High (knockdown) Roundhouse kick to (Back/Forward + HK. or HK while running)
-Shredder will automatically perform High Roundhouse if the opponent is in the air
-Updated palettes
-Can now perform Foot Assists by pressing (QCF + Any 2 Kicks) or (QCB + Any 2 Kicks); -500 power cost
-Added cape effects to all Foot Assists
-Added second attack to Sansetsukon Foot Assist (QCB, LP + MP)

Those updates are awesome man. Not just productive days but, also active days for sure. The intro idea i had was for Shredder vs Krang. He holds Krang on his hands and throws him in it's body where he always sits.
#947  January 05, 2013, 10:35:15 pm
    • Germany
Nice to see that you are working on Shredder again Dcat and by the way great update and nice spritework you did there. *_*
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:59:31 pm by moep
#948  January 06, 2013, 11:28:51 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Those updates are awesome man. Not just productive days but, also active days for sure. The intro idea i had was for Shredder vs Krang. He holds Krang on his hands and throws him in it's body where he always sits.

D: NOOOOOOOOO~! Don't make him take longer. You want me to cry?
#949  January 06, 2013, 11:44:33 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

#950  January 06, 2013, 11:50:43 pm
  • Shakespear.
Aw tell me that Super Shredder kick boots the character right into the screen...
#951  January 07, 2013, 12:32:28 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
It does now, thanks for the tip! Looks way better than a wall bounce, heh! :D

DW

#952  January 07, 2013, 01:04:18 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Lol nice.
#953  January 07, 2013, 01:10:06 am
  • Shakespear.
haha! That's awesome.   :lugoi:
Hey, you could always use that knee for the wall bounce?  Looks like he really puts his weight into it ;)
#954  January 07, 2013, 01:25:14 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Okay Super Shred having a wallbounce AND a screen 'throw' like the Toitles is pretty sexy. Not gonna lie.
#955  January 07, 2013, 10:13:04 pm
I've just gotten finished updating all of the turtles so that their supers and hypers inflict more noticeable damage on Super Shredder. (Turtle Van is Super Shredder kryptonite)

-This bit of nerfing is for all those users (myself included) who want to have a better chance at defeating Super Shredder using a turtle. Just ran up against him using each and I can say it is possible to win with my added buffs; granted I was squaring off against the engine's generic AI.

-Also I've bound an attack helper to Leonardo's Final Slash Hyper so now the start-up can hit enemy helper characters. Leonardo won't go into the rest of the attack but the initial leaping cut will no longer whiff entirely against helper opponents.

-Wall Bounce and Screen Splatter have been added to Super Shredder's light and heavy Kicks respectively.

Oh I had one last question before we're hopefully making Toitle Soop with the human Cheeser Grater. Did you add a function in the config or anything allowing disabling of turning into Super Shredder? Just thinking of having a normal version of Shredder to prevent raping friends playing on our TV too hard.

I don't want to nerf him too much so I probably won't have this option. As powerful as Super Shredder is he's pretty tame by MUGEN standards and definitely way underpowered if you take a look at some of O Ilusionista's big bads. If there's too much of an outcry however I may reconsider
Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:18:01 pm by Dcat
#956  January 07, 2013, 10:17:09 pm
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/

I don't want to nerf him too much so I probably won't have this option. As powerful as Super Shredder is he's pretty tame by MUGEN standards and definitely way underpowered if you take a look at some of O Ilusionista's big bads. If there's too much of an outcry however I may reconsider

I think it's fitting that Super Shredder isn't quite as unstoppable as one might think.  He was only on-screen for about a minute in Secret of the Ooze before he brought the dock down on himself. 

hehe
#957  January 07, 2013, 10:21:20 pm
^ Looking through adult lenses I can now see that showdown for the completely anti-climactic sequence that it was. as a kid though I ate that up! Loved every 10 seconds or so of it, heh.
#958  January 07, 2013, 10:34:56 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
^ Looking through adult lenses I can now see that showdown for the completely anti-climactic sequence that it was. as a kid though I ate that up! Loved every 10 seconds or so of it, heh.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah. Today I prefer 1 and 3. Secret of the Ooze was watched so many fucking times by child me though. Though finally having the brothers square off against other Mutants was pretty legit for how short it was. 1 was still the best though.

But on the subject of Super Shredder; I was thinking he was going to be Broly bad, but if he's actually pretty stoppable I'm not going to complain at all. I'm getting so pumped for the Shredder/Krang/TurtleUpdate Releases that it's not funny. I need to get back to the sprites I'm working on though. I began to work on too many and never finished any, so yeah. Once these come out I should be able to play for a while and get inspiration to make great things! :D
#959  January 08, 2013, 11:29:31 am
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
There's no need to disable Super shredder - well firstly, it is his lvl3 super, so its not a good thing to disable it.
And as it was said already - it is not imbalanced. It is beatable, especially with projectile characters. So - dont nerf him too much, he's the boss after all :)
The balanced, beatable boss ;)

DW

#960  January 09, 2013, 12:39:43 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

Honestly, Super Shred is not overpowered in the least. I doubt you'll be hearing any outcry with that. If anything, people will probably suggest you buff him up more. :P Though frankly, I think he plays great. Regular Shred is really the one peeps will have to watch out for lol. Especially if he has AI native to him, people will be wanting him to transform so they can have a speed advantage. Regular Shred is the killer really lol.