YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248091 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#981  January 15, 2013, 07:54:06 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Sweet Jezus, he's really turning into into a beast :) Looking so cool, GREAT combo potential, just the way we like it :D
#982  January 15, 2013, 08:11:21 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This was some badass combo video. :D
#983  January 15, 2013, 08:55:04 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
wow. I have to say this is probably the project I am most looking forward to. Awesome job Dcat, keep it up!
#984  January 15, 2013, 02:48:37 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Wow Dcat, most would release with just the stuff that you have shown so far.  The fact that you keep adding to him is impressive and shows how mugen creation should be done.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#985  January 15, 2013, 03:26:14 pm
    • Germany
Nice new Update, I was a little afrait before that the Foot Soldier strikers could maybe overpower shredder, but after I see the vid I'm sure that they are a nice addition to the char. =)
#986  January 15, 2013, 03:47:21 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/ramza.neko.52
Awesome work on combos thats awesome... The audio also is workin awesomely with the moves
#987  January 15, 2013, 08:00:34 pm
  • Shakespear.
Holy shit man, I was having Killer Instinct flashbacks watching some of those combos.  The part with the red bg and black silhouettes looked really nice, and that 51 hitter at the end was just beautiful.  Are you going to include a combo guide?
#988  January 15, 2013, 08:08:29 pm
Great work!!! :D  I can't wait till he is released, he is turning out fantastic!
#989  January 15, 2013, 08:16:17 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Dcat, that demonstration was superb! i just can't wait to test him out. :2thumbsup:
#990  January 15, 2013, 08:31:56 pm
fantastic.
#991  January 15, 2013, 09:12:27 pm
  • Do the Mario!
    • USA
    • alannunes77@gmail.com
Amazing!
#992  January 17, 2013, 03:49:39 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Glad you guys enjoyed the video!

It might be too in depth for a full combo guide but to perform a lot of the Foot Assist combos its simply a matter of pressing QCF + Any 2 Kicks or QCB + Any 2 Kicks after a move connects. In the .CMD file I've added a shortcut command that recognizes a forward /back direction + any 2 kicks input as well though so in many cases just hold forward & an extra kick button. Hopefully they're pretty seamless to pull off.

For the combo at 1:35 Jumping HK > Dive Kick; instead of performing the Dive Kick command (QCF +  HK) with one kick button hold down 2 kick buttons and the Foot Assist should trigger simultaneously.

Here's the move progression for the Big combo at the end

Jump In: MP, MP, LK, LP, HP > Land > LP,  LK, MK, MK > C.LK, C.MP, HP, HK > (QCF MK + HK)- this yields both the boot kick and the Foot Assist command > Super Jump > Dive Kick > Land> Super Input.

It's actually not that bad once you've got the muscle memory down for Shredder's Jump In. Generally this connects every time as far as I've tested it.

Awesome progress, and it would be really great if Veanko will be kind enough to make AI for Shredder also (he's the only one remains now, oh there's Raph also without AI).
Those combos look cool, I also liked that new stuff you added.

Not to worry, Veanko has already agreed to code AI for Raph and Shredder. Its a very involved process for each character and I'm glad that he's up to the task. I really appreciate him taking the characters that extra mile.  :beamgoi:

Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:55:10 am by Dcat
#993  January 17, 2013, 06:34:06 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Wow really...that combo vid made me and my roommates site here for a minute with our jaws on the floor and the fact that Super Shredder hasn't been shown yet is leaving us just. . .. in shock.
#994  January 17, 2013, 03:55:38 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Right!? I felt the same way.

Dcat, you should include this video, or something similar with commentary, on your official release thread. This is probably one of the best displays I have ever seen. Nice job.

Either the video, or a well detailed strategy guide from C.A.N. would do Shredder justice. Now that I think about it, make a vid for Krang too!!

Either way, keep kicking ass Dcat. Your characters are incredible. :lugoi2:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#995  January 18, 2013, 10:41:54 pm
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
haven't posted on your topics in awhile since your turtles WIP, Hi Dcat!

out of curiousity, do you have a list of "what's done:" and "what's missing" for the current wip?
#996  January 18, 2013, 11:57:36 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
@Saikoro: thanks I just might do that.

what's missing
-a couple more special intros /endings
-Air Super
-Win / Lose screen

Everything else is done.
#997  January 19, 2013, 12:54:28 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
or a well detailed strategy guide from C.A.N would do Shredder justice.
If you're talking about upon release, I'm not able to do that because I'm not testing him. If he catches my interest upon release, I'll see about that. I've too many people I want to make guides for like Vegeta Z2 and Dragon Claw.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#998  January 19, 2013, 01:09:23 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
or a well detailed strategy guide from C.A.N would do Shredder justice.
If you're talking about upon release, I'm not able to do that because I'm not testing him. If he catches my interest upon release, I'll see about that. I've too many people I want to make guides for like Vegeta Z2 and Dragon Claw.

Dragon Claw could have been done a year ago bro. :P

And DCat. He sounds done enough to me. LOL
#999  January 19, 2013, 01:11:26 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1000  January 19, 2013, 10:28:35 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Where would I be able to find said guides  :charming: ?
A full super-detail in-depth guide or wiki page for a Mugen char (one that deserves it obviously) sounds very dope to me indeed.