Re: Shredder WIP
#1001  January 19, 2013, 02:14:36 pm
    • Germany
what's missing
-a couple more special intros /endings
-Air Super
-Win / Lose screen

Everything else is done.

Oh on which Special intros/endings are you still working on Dcat?
Did you already decided what will be in this intros/endings or a you open for some suggestions from us?^^
#1002  January 20, 2013, 01:54:29 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
If you've got some ideas please share 'em. I'm always open to suggestions.

Right now i was working on a winpose inspired by the back side box art of the old Playmates toys where Shredder pours some ooze into an open manhole.

#1003  January 20, 2013, 02:06:24 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
that could work as a winpose too.
"Lets see in what YOU turn into..."
"Prepare to join my minions."
#1004  January 20, 2013, 02:16:50 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#1005  January 20, 2013, 02:26:22 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Perhaps an intro that pays homage to the TMNT film where Shredder says "you fight well in the old style, but you have caused me enough trouble. Now you face the Shredder." Did you include a palette based off of his film appearance??

Also, more possible intros with flying kicks and short, interesting brawls (with kick ass audio clips no less!!) would be very cool. Your turtles have them; Shredder should too.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1006  January 20, 2013, 02:31:47 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
I did always love most of Leo vs Raph's intros. Like the sparring one and the dramatic, "Don't do this Raph." one. All I have to say is if you don't have one incorporating the Drill Car then do it now. Maybe the Foot Convertible? What about some with Bebop/Rocksteady or some foot removine his cape for him?
#1007  January 20, 2013, 02:40:22 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'm with Niko here.

Mind you we may be asking a lot, but at last for me, Dcat, you're doing the turtles justice with just releasing these characters. Therefore, us fanboys of you and the show are going to throw a lot of ideas out there.

As before, I agree with Niko on a Bebop and Rocksteady intro of some sort. That would be rad.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#1008  January 20, 2013, 02:44:02 am
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
#1009  January 20, 2013, 02:49:10 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Where would I be able to find said guides  :charming: ?
A full super-detail in-depth guide or wiki page for a Mugen char (one that deserves it obviously) sounds very dope to me indeed.
They aren't like a wiki page but they go into pretty decent depth.

C.A.N should create .pdf files of the guides or even implicate pictures or awesome formats into the guides.
I'm sure the Guild would be giving the guides all kinds of attention then.
#1010  January 20, 2013, 02:56:20 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I'm sure the Guild would be giving the guides all kinds of attention then.
No, that's when I make a guide for Vegeta Z2. I'll do that once he's updated since I don't want to have to update the guide. Besides, I'll only make it a PDF file if it's included in Vegeta's archive! >:(
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:04:38 am by Mugen Bro
#1011  January 20, 2013, 03:04:26 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Knowing how Balth and Cy are, it probably would be.
A full super-detail in-depth guide or wiki page for a Mugen char (one that deserves it obviously) sounds very dope to me indeed.
#1012  January 20, 2013, 03:08:19 am
  • tired
I know it'd be a lot of work, but it'd be worth it to have my work included in Vegeta's folder.

Back to Shredder: do you need any more testers, Dcat? I'm available if necessary.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1013  January 20, 2013, 03:35:27 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
I know it'd be a lot of work, but it'd be worth it to have my work included in Vegeta's folder.

Back to Shredder: do you need any more testers, Dcat? I'm available if necessary.

LOL I think he actually has a list of people ASKING to be testers.
#1014  January 20, 2013, 04:02:17 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
:devilish:

#1015  January 20, 2013, 04:53:25 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
#1016  January 20, 2013, 04:56:53 am
  • tired
#1017  January 20, 2013, 09:21:45 am
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
If you've got some ideas please share 'em. I'm always open to suggestions.

Right now i was working on a winpose inspired by the back side box art of the old Playmates toys where Shredder pours some ooze into an open manhole.

seeing that we are back to suggestions like so long ago (for me at least)

Intros:
- Shredder's "Tonight, I dine on Turtle Soup!" against any turtle (intro or win pose really --;) (source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg_f876TzlU )
- Shredder vs. Leo -  a quote that insults splinter causing him to get angry (intro)
- Shredder vs. any turtle or krang - some kind of insult ( inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1osPfORITFI )

Win Poses:
Shredder vs turtles - something similar to juggernaut's win where we holds the opponent by the neck and makes another insult/taunt
Shredder vs turtles - something similar to jin's (MvC) win pose where it pans out before deals the final blow
Shredder vs turtles - Rocksteady & Bebop repeatedly stomp the opponent while he's down and Shredder laughs of course
Shredder vs turtles - teleports them back in time (source: TMNT 4)
Shredder vs Mike - Takes April away and mike is powerless to stop his escape (source: TMNT Arcade Stage 1 end)
OR
Shredder vs. Turtles - Takes a random hostage (April, Therma, Thompson, etc.)

you need ideas for the air supers or just the intros/win pose?
#1018  January 20, 2013, 05:10:29 pm
    • Germany
Perhaps an intro that pays homage to the TMNT film where Shredder says "you fight well in the old style, but you have caused me enough trouble. Now you face the Shredder." Did you include a palette based off of his film appearance??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz5rx6o6Vt8   0:21 - 0:31 =D

I searched on you tube for some ideas, maybe Dcat can use some of them.

Leo vs Shredder
Leo: See if you can handle me Shredder!
Shredder: Mere child's play!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8D7kRGput0&feature=player_detailpage#t=44s (Quotes From this clip)

Winquotes against Turtles 4 Main Turtles and Slash.

First Round
Shredder: Foolish Turtle did you realy think you could beat a Ninja Master ? (Making a dominating or disapproving pose)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwUu_e5fALQ (Quotes from this clip)

Only Final Round
Shredder: Tonight, I dine on Turtle Soup! (Going to the Turtle then using the Mutagen on the Turtle after that the screen turns slowly black and you can hear Shedder evil laughter)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwUu_e5fALQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=103s (Quotes from this clip)

Time Over Win Against any Turtle/Reptile enemy.
Shredder: Too late you meddling Reptile (maybe pointing with the finger at the enemy or something like that.^^)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1osPfORITFI#t=412s (Quote from this clip)

Time Over Win Against any other enemy.
For that you can use the "Too late you" part of the other winquote and put something different at the and, maybe one of Shredders classic insults.

Intro Against Robot/Cyborg enemys
Shredder: Alright you miserable mass of microcircuits!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1osPfORITFI#t=430s (Quote from this clip)

Intro against normaly allied chars like Footsoldiers or Karai etc. (traitors)
Shredder: Not so fast you traitor! (Makes a angry Pose)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1osPfORITFI#t=575s (Quote from this clip)

Alternate
Shredder: You traitorous vermin! (Makes a angry Pose)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1osPfORITFI#t=578s (Quote from this clip)
Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:20:38 pm by moep
#1019  January 20, 2013, 06:54:43 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/

Not at this point, but thanks for the offer.

Also, more possible intros with flying kicks and short, interesting brawls (with kick ass audio clips no less!!) would be very cool. Your turtles have them; Shredder should too.

Did you mean his glitter pink getup from the first movie? I could include one.
Balthazar did a palette based off of his TMNT 2: Secret of the Ooze movie appearance that I've edited a bit.

Shredder vs Mike - Takes April away and mike is powerless to stop his escape (source: TMNT Arcade Stage 1 end)
OR
Shredder vs. Turtles - Takes a random hostage (April, Therma, Thompson, etc.)

you need ideas for the air supers or just the intros/win pose?

-All of the hostage taking is done at the Intro phase, Shredder can capture either April or Splinter when facing a TMNT hero character. If he loses, they are freed at the tend of the match.

-For the air super I was planning something based off of Captain Commando's Captain Storm with  Foot Helpers criss-crossing the screen, I've just been procrastinating with the whole bother of coding the thing. 

Thanks for the brainstorming help! Knocked out these two last night, the "Killing Blow" winpose may need something extra still like maybe a Foot clan BG logo  or a simple rapidly alternating black & white BG flash or both I'm, not sure yet. They're universally triggered against all opponents not just TMNT related and the second one only happens if the match is over.

Shredder vs turtles - something similar to jin's (MvC) win pose where it pans out before deals the final blow

-I still haven't included Rocksteady or Bebop in any cameos yet, there's little room left in the palette for color separation so they'd likely be the last things I could add here. I'll get started on that today.

@moep: All of those youtube clips are blocked here in America except for the TMNT 1 movie clip & the A-Z of Shredder insults, if you guys could rip me the mp3 audio from those other vids I could have a better shot at tackling some of the ideas you've given me here.
#1020  January 20, 2013, 07:33:25 pm
    • Germany
@moep: All of those youtube clips are blocked here in America except for the TMNT 1 movie clip & the A-Z of Shredder insults, if you guys could rip me the mp3 audio from those other vids I could have a better shot at tackling some of the ideas you've given me here.

Ok I did not now that they are blocked in the US, did you try it over a Proxy side like http://www.hidemyass.com/youtube-proxy/ ?
If it still not works can you tell me a good program for ripping audio from you tube? I never did that before.^^