SAMUS ARAN (Read 59692 times)

Started by Reu, July 20, 2007, 11:22:03 am
Share this topic:
Re: EVIL DRAGON CLAW
#21  July 20, 2007, 03:29:43 pm
    • Germany
#22  July 20, 2007, 03:34:50 pm
I'm sorry but Reu has a history of making things obscenely difficult to fight. I don't want to see Samus get desecrated.

Oh and you can freeze metroids too, among other enemies that survive missile hits. I don't think that's exactly something you'd expect from something weak. I'm not sure Ryu could take a direct missile hit and keep fighting. Ditto for 90% of the rest of the MUGEN creations out there. Maybe the anime characters like Goku could.

Right, and 90% of all Mugen chars would turn into a bloody pile of flesh if Goku even lightly touched them... so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMSzPj2cBt8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAI4WJAosh0

Dark Peach: No it hasn't been removed. I have the most up-to-date version.
What's a Rabite doing in a place like this?
#23  July 20, 2007, 05:30:10 pm
i think its a good idea to bring in samus in mugen , just add in levels simple , when she reaches level 2 more stuff , level 3 complete weapons. also creating a dark samus would be great too. just don't make them weak.

you should use a street fighter character like cari or chun li as a base to draw this char , the one you have now looks a bit too bulky.

great idea i urge you to work on it , give her sum cvs effects also, i wonder what her specials gona be like , maybe a grapple gun laser holding the opponent wirh a power blast surging through that does a big blast  ;D but anyway redraw that char

my dream to create a vash the stampede char
#24  July 20, 2007, 05:36:10 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
i think its a good idea to bring in samus in mugen , just add in levels simple , when she reaches level 2 more stuff , level 3 complete weapons. also creating a dark samus would be great too. just don't make them weak.

you should use a street fighter character like cari or chun li as a base to draw this char , the one you have now looks a bit too bulky.

great idea i urge you to work on it , give her sum cvs effects also, i wonder what her specials gona be like , maybe a grapple gun laser holding the opponent wirh a power blast surging through that does a big blast  ;D but anyway redraw that char
[size=1pt]SILLY BITCH DO U KNOW WHO THE FUCK HE IS?[/size] Chun li as a base for samus -_- that wouldnt look right and i doubt reu would do that when he already has a 3D samus and samus has armour/suit isnt she suppose to look bulky???
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#25  July 20, 2007, 05:39:52 pm
^ no  , you should play smash brothers for n64 or x box and you'll notice how slender samus is in a way , this samus just looks a bit too mechanical

MachinaWeapon

#26  July 20, 2007, 05:40:31 pm

You have got to be fucking kidding me. We will not be turning this into a P.o.t.S creation (No offense, but I think he understand what I'm getting at). Seriously, using other formats as a basis for a character whose side-scrolling iterations are run and gun, and extremely powerful at that, is a formula for failure. The only way this could feasibly work is by basing her on the SSB/M version, or heavy editing.
#27  July 20, 2007, 05:40:45 pm
  • You know it!
^ no  , you should play smash brothers for n64 or x box and you'll notice how slender samus is in a way , this samus just looks a bit too mechanical
But, samus is a block with arms(and legs) in that game, u must not know who samus is...
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#28  July 20, 2007, 05:43:00 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.

No she isn't. Other than her shoulder pads, which should be fixed up, she looks pretty much like she would normally look like.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.

Reu

#29  July 20, 2007, 05:44:08 pm
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
1. Regarding Samus' Proportions/Shoulderpads/waist.

This is EXACTLY the model from SSBM, I only did the texturing and adding of details onto the model. To those who are unfamiliar with 3d modeling, that means that Nintendo did the outline and proportions, I colored and added in detail. I know proportions are off to some of the earlier metroid games. But this is the official model. It doesn't help that the character design seems to change for every metroid game that comes out, but I like these proportions and detailing and this is what I'm going to work with.

2. Regarding Nintendo being unhappy about Samus coming to MUGEN.

This model is being spread around in several modding communities and various projects. No profit is to be made for the model. BUT if Nintendo makes a fuss, then I won't be able to share her with you guys :p

3. Regarding ShinRyoga's Samus

ShinRyoga said that he had found a programmer but wanted to keep the identity under wraps. Well there's a reason why I have a ShinRyoga sprited Samus Aran with basic movement on my MUGEN. However, he seems to have been caught up in life and has disappeared again. So I will continue with my version first. If he returns, I will still program his Samus to his vision, or we can combine ideas.

4. Regarding Evil Ken and Evil Ryu's gameplay and cheapness.

These two were developed at a time when their sparring partners were Shadow Dio, Zero Hotaru, Ayu Tsukimiya. Per super combo level, per combo chain damage are to that convention. However, nowadays these damage conventions are different, so yes, they need an update. Combo wise, I was utterly crazy about MVC2, so that reflects, doesn't it? Like what TDS said, they are made to what I wanted. Having said that, an update is required to balance them to today's MUGEN characters, however I am stuck, because I also want to update all their sprites to CVS version. And my forte lies in 3D rendered sprites, not 2D sprite artistry.

This ends discussion about the evil duo's cheapness. If you can help with spriting, I want you!.

5. Regarding Dragon Claw's cheapness.

This guy isn't supposed to be cheap. Very mixed feedback on his AI. People complain that he's too tough, people complain that his AI has holes that can be taken advantage of. You can't please everyone, eh? He shouldn't be doing too much damage in combos, though they can be long. 20-30 hits from Dragon Claw = same amount of damage to that of 5-8 hit combo from some CVS characters that I tested on. If this is off, do let me know.

continued....
#30  July 20, 2007, 05:45:30 pm

XBox? When the hell did Smash Bros (a Nintendo game) show up on XBox (a Microsoft system)? But besides that, Samus is in mechanical armor. She better look mechanical.
What's a Rabite doing in a place like this?
#31  July 20, 2007, 05:48:02 pm
  • You know it!

XBox? When the hell did Smash Bros (a Nintendo game) show up on XBox (a Microsoft system)? But besides that, Samus is in mechanical armor. She better look mechanical.
hax
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#32  July 20, 2007, 05:49:20 pm

Reu

#33  July 20, 2007, 05:55:30 pm
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
On to gameplay suggestions at last....

Bane84: I'd like to use attacks that would work well in a fighting game context from all her games, not just the NES ones.

Dark Peach: The rockets and lasers come out of her cannon, right? What comes out of the thing at the back of her hand?

Elix: I don't use JPG textures because they don't look too dull when rendered at low resolution.... kinda like street fighter the movie sprites... >_<

Kei Dasshuu: Sexy, thanks for the info in her SSBM attacks. I saw a vid on youtube with her punching the ground with an explosion coming up, how does that work?

Rabite: Thanks for the info on those attacks. That helps alot :). We're not here to discuss Monty's vid :p

vyn: Damn good reference on her moves and gameplay. Thanks!

#34  July 20, 2007, 05:56:04 pm
  • You know it!
WOO! WOO! WOO!
Re: SAMUS ARAN
#35  July 20, 2007, 06:02:28 pm
  • duwa duwa
that samus looks dope not that much wrong with it. head is kinda small haha.

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up
EVIL DRAGON CLAW D:
#36  July 20, 2007, 06:05:46 pm
  • My college nickname was bi pod

???
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#37  July 20, 2007, 06:07:33 pm
here's a rep of what i'm saying , plus the 3d look looks a bit old school

http://www.gameplayer.it/diziogame/immagini/samus_aran_1.jpg
Read reu's post and i doubt M.U.G.E.N could handle a character 3d character that looked like that

not the  qaulity but the slenderness of it , right now samus looks like a guy also a bit  more contrast would fit, i mean look at the legs. but anyway if that what he's working with then cool i guess.  the rockets and laser come out from the cannon , dunno about that thing on her hand , maybe its a hand mirror lol

MachinaWeapon

Re: SAMUS ARAN
#38  July 20, 2007, 06:08:56 pm
Reu:
Unless you're going by official art and not ingame sprites, I don't see how that's the official Samus.

Basics are mapped to the A button.

Each character has a neutral, up, down, and side basic. When held, they gain power (hits in some cases), and greater knockback ability. In addition to that, each character has additional neutral moves that are used when the control is pressed and left in a direction neutrally. Though they can't be charged for the most part, they have high priority and their damage and knockback is considerable. Her ground flame is one of these.
#39  July 20, 2007, 06:11:49 pm
  • You know it!

Read reu's post and i doubt M.U.G.E.N could handle a character 3d character that looked like that

not the  qaulity but the slenderness of it , right now samus looks like a guy also a bit  more contrast would fit, i mean look at the legs. but anyway if that what he's working with then cool i guess.  the rockets and laser come out from the cannon , dunno about that thing on her hand , maybe its a hand mirror lol
the model is from SSBM -_-
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
WOO! WOO! WOO!
#40  July 20, 2007, 06:16:24 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.

Samus almost always had bulky looking armor. As for looking like a guy, I don't think so. I mean, it's a woman in a robotic suit. There's a slight feminine look to it, and that's how it should be.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.