Started by Reu, July 20, 2007, 11:22:03 am
Share this topic:

Reu

Re: SAMUS ARAN
#41  July 20, 2007, 06:17:58 pm
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
Dudes.... like Rice9999 said....

Its the exact model ripped directly from Super Smash Bros Melee for the GameCube.

http://www.sm128c.com/renders.php?sys=gcn&game=ssbm

I know some of you have only seen her 2D sprites... but this is what Nintendo did with her recently :p

Relax... I'll try to make her sexy :p
#42  July 20, 2007, 06:23:03 pm
  • duwa duwa
give her the urien tackle 8)

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up
#43  July 20, 2007, 06:23:44 pm
  • DAT SAX
Hell, do what you want to Reu. I like your characters, regardless of how cheap they are, because I always find a loophole in their defense or bash them before the AI can activate. :sugoi:

Mostly because I'm a "Graphics > Gameplay" guy, that's why I don't own any SNK chars that weren't in CvS.

Wow...that would actually suit her quite well.  o_O

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 07:30:26 pm by *~Ishida-Uryuu~*
Re: EVIL DRAGON CLAW
#44  July 20, 2007, 06:45:02 pm
  • Small characters can kick big ass.
    • USA
If anything, I'd suggest that Reu tried playing the original Metroid games as well the Super Smash Bros games before attempting such a character. Taking a look at her moves from the SSB games and comparing them to her other games would help to serve as an example on how to properly "downgrade" each of her moves, which should help keep her from being anywhere near as cheap as the Evil Duo or DragonClaw.

The MSSM system is incredibly annoying. Super Cancelling shouldn't make supers stronger. Damage should be reduced by a certain percentage when Super Cancelled. If your going to keep the MSSM moves, I'd strongely suggest at least creating a MAX Mode or Rage type system to handle them. As they are now, MSSM's appear at the worst possible moments and take so much damage that it's rediculous. It's possible to turn the tide of battle with a single random super, and that's just not right. Aerial Alpha Counters were also a pretty bad (cheap) idea.

While I'm willing to point out the obvious flaws in his characters and throw in a couple of suggestions (if I may), I can't say I'm as annoyed at the lack of fixes for his old creations as others might be. I'm sure that between creating music, graphics, the 3D models used in his WIPs, and everything else he might have to take care of as far as his life in concerned, he may not see updating his characters as a high priority. His characters are (in a number of ways) broken in terms of gameplay, and he's well aware of that. But can we really ask him to drop everything else just to update them?

These are just my thoughts on this, which are in no way meant to offend anyone.
#45  July 20, 2007, 06:45:36 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
What the heck is the green thing on her hand for?

In the Metroid Prime games she fired her grapple beam from her left hand. Maybe that's what its for.   :)

vyn

#46  July 20, 2007, 06:52:17 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Awww sucks that u gonna give in to whinners bout ur evil duo but well its ur duo im sure uve learned quite some stuff too since u last relased them so they should improve, cant say im too crazy bout them goin cvs, that style seems very overused these days, again its ur stuff

now ontopic, las part of the first vid i sent ya has a good zoom in of her stance, yes the classic one but i dont quite like it for a 2D fighting engine, its too 90 degrees, maybe something different?

some more abilities:

she can shoot her beams in multidirections in some of her games, not just straight forward, she has 45 degrees(up and down), straight up and straight down while in the air which i think would look rly cool maybe with a simple command like D+MP or something to start some combos

wall jump and double jump seem to suit her well i think

her ranged grab would look cool too

maybe a guard cancel where she turns into that small ball

drop those lil bombs from the air would bee good for some smart fighting too

she has a rly strong shot called hyper beam on the snes which is just an insanely strong green/purple energy line, that would be a good super but maybe in a more machine gun form than a large beam, we have enough of those

her homing missiles from ssbm would be cool too, now htese aint fully homing they just go a lil up or down, if u dodge them they dont come after you

her death anim has to be the one from the snes game dude!! when she dies her armor breaks and we get to see blonde samus aran in a black bikini

she has a weird ability in the snes too which not many people know where she turns into some type of "egg" and regains life, cant remember how much, theres an uncommon ability for ur char

maybe gettin a snes emulator would be a good idea?? some cheats can show u all the abilities without having to play the whole game and they kinda repeat in her otehr games so snes version can give ya a pretty good idea of her overall abilities

as for stats even tough she is a girl she usually has somewhat high dmg, low speed and kinda low stamina, long recovery anims too (not the best char to use in ssbm XD, but if u wanna make kirby or roy THEN were talking), her shots are pretty slow too, long anims to cast and to recover

if i remember/think of more ill let ya know

btw she HAS uriens tackle in the smash brothers series, its her while running attack, and has a horrible recovery time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Peach: The rockets and lasers come out of her cannon, right? What comes out of the thing at the back of her hand?

nothing she uses that hand to hold her cannon when he shoots

Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 06:59:23 pm by vyn

MachinaWeapon

#47  July 20, 2007, 06:56:01 pm
Hell, do what you want to Reu. I like your characters, regardless of how cheap they are, because I always find a loophole in they're defense or bash them before the AI can activate. :sugoi:

Mostly because I'm a "Graphics > Gameplay" guy, that's why I don't own any SNK chars that weren't in CvS.

You've never fought Cheao Boss Type or Psycho Shredder, have you?

But she already has a running tackle, so that would sort or defeat the purpose. :P
#48  July 20, 2007, 06:59:38 pm
  • duwa duwa
lol @ loophole in defense that made me laugh.

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up
#49  July 20, 2007, 07:31:08 pm
  • DAT SAX
Hell, do what you want to Reu. I like your characters, regardless of how cheap they are, because I always find a loophole in they're defense or bash them before the AI can activate. :sugoi:

You've never fought Cheao Boss Type or Psycho Shredder, have you?

But she already has a running tackle, so that would sort or defeat the purpose. :P

Like I said. Graphics > Gameplay for me. They're never making it onto my hard-drive.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#50  July 20, 2007, 07:55:07 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Like I said. Graphics > Gameplay for me. They're never making it onto my hard-drive.

A winner is j00 ::)
#51  July 20, 2007, 08:10:04 pm
Reu's characters are indeed cheap, and yet again not. It depends on which view you look at it, and what kind of skill you have against them. As for me, practice makes perfect, and I can defeat Reu's characters with warusaki's characters now. Those of you who are ranting him about his cheapness and shit, just let it be. You don't have to download it if you don't want to. And if his character displeases you, then you can easily IGNORE and MOVE ON. And if Reu never played SSBM, he can still study it in some kind of way.

I'm not siding with anybody, but the critics some people are giving him are uncalled for.

To Reu :

I would also agree that you should fix up Evil Ryu and Evil Ken (I don't use DragonClaw :P)
I have found many bugs within those two characters, and I'd suggest that you update it just a little bit.
However, it is your choice to do what you want. Don't let the critics make you feel discouraged.
Your Samus looks like a good idea, at least it's something new instead of cliche. Although, I wouldn't ever have that ever cross my mind. I'll be looking forward to this character. Good luck.
#52  July 20, 2007, 08:10:16 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
It'd be interesting to see her Final Smash move in Mugen. ;)

Just wishful thinking, I guess. ;)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."

psicoso

This is going to suck. Hard.
#53  July 20, 2007, 10:44:27 pm
Dear Reu,

Go play any and all Metroid games.  Seriously.  Shit, look her up on the fucking internet, even.  Wikipedia, Metroid Database, anything.
#54  July 21, 2007, 12:14:24 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
... Is it just me or were all the good posts in this thread deleted?
#55  July 21, 2007, 12:20:07 am
^ no  , you should play smash brothers for n64 or x box and you'll notice how slender samus is in a way , this samus just looks a bit too mechanical
Wtf? Samus isn't on Xbox....Unless you're mistaking her for Master Chief or someone from Halo.
#56  July 21, 2007, 12:45:09 am
^ no  , you should play smash brothers for n64 or x box and you'll notice how slender samus is in a way , this samus just looks a bit too mechanical
Wtf? Samus isn't on Xbox....Unless you're mistaking her for Master Chief or someone from Halo.

xbox ,gamecube etc. who gives a fuck , i still think that samus looks like a guy and a bit too mechanical, i've played almost all samus games and in all  they still show that slender look, i just don't like that samus look it looks unsamus like , reu should play some samus games or games that have samus in it . this samus  just looks too stiff for my taste >:(

my dream to create a vash the stampede char
#57  July 21, 2007, 12:57:59 am

[/quote]

xbox ,gamecube etc. who gives a fuck , i still think that samus looks like a guy and a bit too mechanical, i've played almost all samus games and in all  they still show that slender look, i just don't like that samus look it looks unsamus like , reu should play some samus games or games that have samus in it . this samus  just looks too stiff for my taste >:(
[/quote]
Whoa chill oiut, I was just sayin Samus was only on Nintendo. Unless there was something I missed or some kind of hack for Xbox.

But Reu: I think you should try to make Samus a little more sleek and slim like he said. But keep in mind not too too thin. I think doing Samus was a good idea, mugen needs a Samus and a good Bowser to good with Link and Ryouga's Mario

Reu

#58  July 21, 2007, 01:39:09 am
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
What the heck is the green thing on her hand for?

In the Metroid Prime games she fired her grapple beam from her left hand. Maybe that's what its for.   :)

At last someone who played the Prime series. I had a feeling the grapple came out from there, but in the vids from SSBM it comes out of her gun arm.

Awww sucks that u gonna give in to whinners bout ur evil duo but well its ur duo im sure uve learned quite some stuff too since u last relased them so they should improve, cant say im too crazy bout them goin cvs, that style seems very overused these days, again its ur stuff

now ontopic, las part of the first vid i sent ya has a good zoom in of her stance, yes the classic one but i dont quite like it for a 2D fighting engine, its too 90 degrees, maybe something different?

some more abilities:

she can shoot her beams in multidirections in some of her games, not just straight forward, she has 45 degrees(up and down), straight up and straight down while in the air which i think would look rly cool maybe with a simple command like D+MP or something to start some combos

wall jump and double jump seem to suit her well i think

her ranged grab would look cool too

maybe a guard cancel where she turns into that small ball

drop those lil bombs from the air would bee good for some smart fighting too

she has a rly strong shot called hyper beam on the snes which is just an insanely strong green/purple energy line, that would be a good super but maybe in a more machine gun form than a large beam, we have enough of those

her homing missiles from ssbm would be cool too, now htese aint fully homing they just go a lil up or down, if u dodge them they dont come after you

her death anim has to be the one from the snes game dude!! when she dies her armor breaks and we get to see blonde samus aran in a black bikini

she has a weird ability in the snes too which not many people know where she turns into some type of "egg" and regains life, cant remember how much, theres an uncommon ability for ur char

maybe gettin a snes emulator would be a good idea?? some cheats can show u all the abilities without having to play the whole game and they kinda repeat in her otehr games so snes version can give ya a pretty good idea of her overall abilities

as for stats even tough she is a girl she usually has somewhat high dmg, low speed and kinda low stamina, long recovery anims too (not the best char to use in ssbm XD, but if u wanna make kirby or roy THEN were talking), her shots are pretty slow too, long anims to cast and to recover

if i remember/think of more ill let ya know

btw she HAS uriens tackle in the smash brothers series, its her while running attack, and has a horrible recovery time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Peach: The rockets and lasers come out of her cannon, right? What comes out of the thing at the back of her hand?

nothing she uses that hand to hold her cannon when he shoots

Ahhh, do the rockets home in any game besides SSBM?

Reu's characters are indeed cheap, and yet again not. It depends on which view you look at it, and what kind of skill you have against them. As for me, practice makes perfect, and I can defeat Reu's characters with warusaki's characters now. Those of you who are ranting him about his cheapness and shit, just let it be. You don't have to download it if you don't want to. And if his character displeases you, then you can easily IGNORE and MOVE ON. And if Reu never played SSBM, he can still study it in some kind of way.

I'm not siding with anybody, but the critics some people are giving him are uncalled for.

To Reu :

I would also agree that you should fix up Evil Ryu and Evil Ken (I don't use DragonClaw :P)
I have found many bugs within those two characters, and I'd suggest that you update it just a little bit.
However, it is your choice to do what you want. Don't let the critics make you feel discouraged.
Your Samus looks like a good idea, at least it's something new instead of cliche. Although, I wouldn't ever have that ever cross my mind. I'll be looking forward to this character. Good luck.

Thanks, I am studying Samus rather thoroughly, thanks to the input from this thread I have some very awesome references too.

It'd be interesting to see her Final Smash move in Mugen. ;)

Just wishful thinking, I guess. ;)

Is that the one when she smashes the ground? Or does a huge horizontal blast?

Dear Reu,

Go play any and all Metroid games.  Seriously.  Shit, look her up on the fucking internet, even.  Wikipedia, Metroid Database, anything.

That was the point of this thread. To aid me in my research before I start conceptualizing of moves. Now you going to try to act smart or you going to help?

#59  July 21, 2007, 01:49:10 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Reu you shocked the hell out of me with this WIP, I hope your Samus is as much kickass as your other chars

also Samus's Final Smash happens to be the Hyper Beam only after she fires it her armor comes off leaving her as Z-Suit Samus
#60  July 21, 2007, 03:57:52 am
i don't think the grapple comes out from her hand i think it comes out from the canon

my dream to create a vash the stampede char